Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    Has anyone asked this question before? What and why is Datuk Lee having a plaster at his left hand when he plays?

2. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    It's been asked before. Here are some of the answers...

1. It's a nicotine patch.
    2. It's a cover to the barcode for his secret Swiss bank account.
    3. It's Taufik's gift to him: a nicotine patch.
    4. It's a personal interface to the Energizer high-speed recharging station.
    5. It's LD's gift to him: a nicotine substitute.
    6. It's a fully transparent watch with a heart-rate monitor; only LCW can see it.
    7. It's a miniature audio receiver that connects wirelessly to an earphone implanted in his left ear. He can receive instructions from Misbun when on court.
    8. It's a nicotine patch.

3. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Congratulations to LCW, welcome to the 30's!

View attachment 131874
    LCW: "Hoo-ah! Another day, another SS. Or SSP. Whatever. Oh yeah, and another #$!&!%&*#$! chair! Gotta talk to Paisan about that; a change of main sponsor for the SS/SSP... like... Ferrari... maybe... ?"

4. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Haha... LMAO.. i was having a cup of hot chocolate and nearly pour out the hot water to my keyboard...:D

5. george@chongwei

Birthday celebration in Denmark:)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

my gosh, isn't the candle too big size for that birthday cake?

6. visor

visor Regular Member

^^ i hope it was one of the coaches and not players who had that plate of greasy fries and ribs! :p

7. visor

visor Regular Member

wouldnt it be koo who needs this more? ;) who knows he would have won the final if he had 2 of those... :p

but seriously, on lcw's wrist, isn't that similar to his phiten power band thingy?

8. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I think they have stopped giving the expensive massage chair. Some are foot or shoulder types.

9. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Congratulation and Happy Birthday Lee Chong Wei.................

So busy preparing your wedding still managed to grab this SSP title.................Bravo !! :p

10. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    Simple cake but the candle is way bigger

11. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Ya lah, candle have to be big in order to write in the words ;)

12. eaglehelang

LEE ong Wei proved he is a player for all seasons as he came out tops in the Denmark Open but a tired looking men's pair Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong had nothing to celebrate as another golden opportunity slipped by in Odense last night.
    Chong Wei wasn't at his best physically but his quality and confidence helped him to secure a 15-21, 21-12, 21-19 win over Du Pengyu of China for his second premier super series title of the year in 71 minutes.

Pengyu fought valiantly and threatened to inflict on Chong Wei a rare defeat but the Malaysian remained calm and won the close battle to make up for Kien Keat-Boon Heong's fumble in the men's doubles.

Chong Wei was delighted to be able to celebrate his 30th birthday with the Denmark Open title yesterday.

"It was a tough match, but I won and it's on my birthday and I am very happy," said Chong Wei.

"I made it tough for myself, my movement was slow and my smashes did not have power. But after this, I will take a break, won't play in France and China and hope to come back stronger."

Meanwhile, Kien Keat-Boon Heong's exhausted faces said it all as they lacked the physical strength to complete the final lap, allowing South Korea's new combination Shin Baek Cheol-Yoo Yeon Seong to snatch a 19-21, 21-11, 21-19 win in 66 minutes.
    The defeat left the Malaysian No 1 pair still searching for their first super series title in 33 months. The Malaysia Open crown in January 2010 was Kien Keat-Boon Heong's last notable success, and they have only managed to seal victories in lesser known grand prix gold events since then.
    Kien Keat-Boon Heong gave a creditable show in the Denmark Open, including victories over top Korean combination Ko Sung Hyun-Lee Yong Dae in the first round and World No 2 Mathias Boe-Carsten Mogensen of Denmark in the last four.

However, Kien Keat-Boon Heong's lack of fitness was exploited by Baek Cheol-Yeon Seong who sealed victory in their first tournament together, leaving the Malaysians licking their wounds.
    Boon Heong was so frustrated when he sent a drop into the net when the score was 19-19 in the deciding game that he hurled his racquet to the ground, and was shown a yellow card by the umpire.
    "I made a mistake at 19-19 and that cost us dearly. I was trying to play it safe instead of going for a full smash. But we will try harder in the French Open," said Boon Heong.
    Kien Keat remained positive despite the defeat and wants to maintain their momentum in the French Open which begins in Paris tomorrow.
    "We are very tired but overall, I believe we played well in this tournament and we want to carry on the momentum to France. The performance here will only serve to inspire us. It has been a hard week as we had doubled our efforts to stay focused in the tournament as we were not fully prepared," said Kien Keat.

13. eaglehelang

The Star Online >
    Monday October 22, 2012
    Chong Wei rules Denmark Open on his birthday
    By RAJES PAUL
    [​IMG] All yours, champ: Lee Chong Wei receiving a birthday cake from Yonex Europe chief Ben Yoneyama yesterday. — LINA ENGL / Badminton Denmark

ODENSE: World No. 1 Lee Chong Wei almost suffered a cramp and showed nerves of steel to win the Denmark Open title but Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong failed to make it a double success for Malaysia here yesterday.
    Chong Wei had to dig deep into his reserves to beat a determined 24-year-old Du Pengyu 15-21, 21-12, 21-19 in a top-class match.

It was Chong Wei’s second Denmark Open title after he won it seven years ago.
    A tired Chong Wei was delighted to win the title on his 30th birthday and he was grateful to the strong support of the Danish fans.

“It was a very tough match and I feel very, very tired now,” said Chong Wei.
    The Malaysian blamed himself for allowing Pengyu to dictate the pace of the match.
    “I lacked speed and my smashes were off the mark, especially in the opening game,” he said.
    “Unlike many other top players, I lacked rest after the London Olympic Games. I’ve been on my toes, competing in the China league and Japan Open.
    “Despite all that, I’m glad that I managed to find the strength within me to nick the title on my birthday,” he said.

Kien Keat-Boon Heong squandered a great chance to win their first Super Series title in two years after an agonising 21-19, 11-21, 19-21 defeat to South Korea’s new combination Shin Baek-cheol-Yoo Yeon-seong.

Their defeat also shattered Malaysia’s dream of repeating their 2005 double victory in the Denmark Open.
    Boon Heong admitted he went for a wrong shot at 19-19 in the decider and regretted the move.

“The shuttle was high in the air and all I needed to do was slam it down hard but I went for a soft tap and it hit the net, lamented Boon Heong.

“I was just not aggressive enough when it mattered most. We could have won the title but we blew it.
    Although Kien Keat was disappointed with missing out on his fourth Denmark Open title, he said they had performed above expectations.
    “We entered the tournament without much preparation but it was good to make the final,” said Kien Keat.
    I feel tired physically and mentally. We doubled our efforts in this tournament and it has taken a toll on us.”

http://thestar.com.my/services/printerfriendly.asp?file=/2012/10/22/sports/12207985.asp&sec=

14. pathan

pathan Regular Member

musician
    I hope this wasn't the food Chen Long complained about... hahahaha!

15. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Courtesy of The Star :

HK pop queen to sing for badminton player

NEWS & VIEWS
    Compiled by ALLISON LAI, REGINA LEE and A. RAMAN[/h]

[​IMG]
    Asia's Queen of Pop Sally Yeh (pic) will present a song to World No. 1 badminton player Datuk Lee Chong Wei as his wedding gift.

Guang Ming Daily reported that Yeh, who is an avid badminton lover and has followed Lee's games, said that she would not be attending the wedding, which is slated for Nov 9 and Nov 10, as she had to attend another wedding function.

Yeh, who is holding a two-night concert in Genting, said she received a wedding invitation from Lee.

She would present the new song during one of her concerts in Genting on Oct 27 and Oct 28.

She added that Lee would be attending one of her concerts.

16. george@chongwei

I think the tournament is schedule to be held tonight?
    [​IMG]

17. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Oh man!!.. I laughed instantly after reading this.. How on earth you have such a good spontaneous comments... Great... I loved your comments very much ... Anyhow , i have to wish him all the very best for his marriage... All the very best for your future ahead MR.LEE

18. george@chongwei

Correction: tournament change to concert;)

19. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    All pro players after 29 benchmark are at the mercy of declining fitness and they have to be in tune more to their bodies telling them what the can and cannot do. It's good that LCW knows he needs a rest after the china league, japan and denmark open. Up till today I still think Gade is the fittest in comparison with his age. However, I reckon he could have lasted much longer in international arena had not played every single tournaments.

20. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant