*New! Adidas Badminton

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by derrickn, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

I'm after a swift racket with decent power as my game is based on placement/control and counter-attacks. I'm not an all-out hard hitter so I think that the Adipower range would not be suitable for me. Can anyone recommend something from the Precision range?

Rackets I've played with and liked:
    Kason F9 - Good power but can be slow on-court in terms of defence and overall speed, struggles a bit at the front court.
    Yonex VT80 - Good power but like the F9, is too slow for me and even slower at the net compared to the F9.
    Yonex Arc9FL - Lacks a bit in power but it's fast.

I normally prefer a flexible to semi-flexible shaft as I feel that stiff shafts do not work for me.

2. f1rst

f1rst Regular Member

The Adipower Pro sounds like it would suit you which may surprise you. The two I had after being gripped and strung came out at a BP of 290mm and the rackets were quite flexible. They generate great power and were so easy to use.

3. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

Yes, honestly that surprises me! How does it perform in terms of swiftness for MD/XD though? I don't play much singles. Is it at all sluggish?

edit:
    Also having read Kwun's review here, http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...5-REVIEW-Adidas-adipower-pro-badminton-racket
    it seems like the racket isn't the best for doubles play and lacks manoeuvrability.

#1803 llpjlau, Mar 8, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
  4. f1rst

f1rst Regular Member

It is a quick racket, the frame shape helps in that department. I myself play MD and XD and found this racket very speedy around the net and in drives.

Do bear in mind I'm a strong and powerful player so without knowing your strengths etc I can't comment on how you would get on with the racket.

5. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

Ahh... explains it then. I don't think I have the natural strength to fully utilise the racket. My best game would be finding channels of attack (e.g. counter attacks) as I don't have a strong power game.

6. DavLawQ09

DavLawQ09 Regular Member

Student
    This might have been convered somewhere I don't know but...can someone compare and contrast VTZF and Adipower Pro? I have the VTZF and my initial decision was to buy Adipower Tour so I was thinking to buy Pro rather than Tour. So if Pro is somehow the same as VTZF, I would buy the Tour instead(or maybe something from the Adizero series)

7. f1rst

f1rst Regular Member

The rackets aren't very similar at all. The VTZF is solid and rigid all over while the APP is very flexible in the shaft but with a solid head. Power is easy from the APP while you need strength from within yourself to utilise the VTZF and the VTZF will be more power in smashes, drives etc if you have the strength. Control wise the VTZF is better as it's more solid while the flexible shaft of the APP caused me some mis timed drives as the shaft attempted to catch up with my movement, meaning I was hitting drives and defensive returns out the side of the court. The APP is the more manoeuvrable and quicker around the net.

8. DavLawQ09

DavLawQ09 Regular Member

Student
    [MENTION=90899]f1rst[/MENTION] thank you for this :))

9. Backhand_Dave

Backhand_Dave Regular Member

why haven't adidas badminton updated their Facebook for quite some time ? have they fired the person updating it ??

10. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Nothing new to update. LOL

11. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Probably no new (big) contracts, no new products.....although I'm a bit surprised they don't make a bigger deal of Axelsen's Swiss Open victory, as it's the first time he had a good tournament result since he signed with them...

12. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    The FB badminton page (so I hear) is not run by the company itself but someone related to the company and not paid to do so I.e. voluntary work.

13. westcoast_sing

westcoast_sing Regular Member

What can we expect from a 'small' company who can't event held a demo day as they promise?
    I am so very dissapointed with this company, Adidas HQ should just terminate this badminton project/contract. The current product don't deserve to bear the three stripes.

14. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

I would've thought the demo days would be the responsibility of the Adidas Rep in singapore, rather than Adidas Badminton themselves.

I guess my biggest complaint is the lack of information on their products and they almost depend on the individual regions to provide this for them. Not very professional.

That said, I now own an Adipower Tour and Adipower Pro, and they are both good rackets. The tour racket seems to fit my game perfectly (how times do we say this to ourselves?) and am planning on buying more of them. The finish on the tour is however lacking, there is specks of paint missing, but the Pro's finish is fine.

15. msitpro

msitpro Regular Member

IT consultant
  16. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Cool , MBS is real fast ,, I like it

17. Steve the noob

Steve the noob Regular Member

I like the colour scheme on the Duoforce S. Removing the brown and adding red makes it look a lot better IMO. As for specs I asked MBS, but they said they can't reveal yet. Guess we'll have to wait gentlemen..

18. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    anyone know what 's' stand for here? they even have the adizero s

19. Steve the noob

Steve the noob Regular Member

I think it's like version 2.0, or something like that.

20. Sgt_Strider

Sgt_Strider Regular Member

Do you know when they'll be launched?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.