APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. srv777

srv777 New Member

Has anyone tried the Tantrum 300 and how does it compare to the 200?

2. kingskawn

kingskawn Regular Member

It seems that the Tantrum 300 is the same as the 200 but it's for export only.

3. Aelred

Aelred Regular Member

Ok, just an update on my situation. After a slight misunderstanding Apacs-Sports.co.uk have replaced by Lethal 70 and the new one is bang on spec at 291mm :D I can't wait to get down to my club to try out the attacking prowess of this racket properly :p

Thanks go to Steve Griffiths and Phil Webster for sorting things out.

Aelred89

4. milford30

milford30 Regular Member

they should get you the top quality product.. since they charge quiet a bit more than the Malaysian sellers.... let me know if your control on drops and smash returns have been decreased, i feel it has, but i stopped playing for a few years picked it back up about 2 months ago and had the lethal for about a month.... and i felt reasonable with my mp100...

5. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

APACS G2 = between yonex G4-G5 sort of in the middle

6. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    imho apacs g2 grip size feels smaller than the yonex g5 grip size. btw yonex uses a much better quality original replacement grip.

7. fariz80

fariz80 Regular Member

Hi apacs fans,
    I just bought apacs nano 900 Power (red) from racquet_sports recently. He sent on 5th Feb 2010 and arrived just now 12 Feb 2010. Good packaging. He even included grip and string. So I strung the racket at 25lbs. I own a yonex carbonex30ms bought here in Japan. So, just want to try apacs since it is quite cheap. Will try it tomorrow and let you guys now the feelings.
    I also measure the weight of both racket.
    Provided some pictures here...enjoy!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/47490497@N06/?saved=1
    [​IMG]

8. ziggy87

ziggy87 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    string is pre-strung?
    i'm using this too with Bg66@26lbs
    pretty good all-around racket

9. fariz80

fariz80 Regular Member

He provided stringing service, so I just mentioned the tension and he prepared it for me before delivery.

10. chongkiatz

chongkiatz Regular Member

will the racket feel solid?

11. ziggy87

ziggy87 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    idk your definition of solid but i think it's quite okay
    but i will get another more head heavy racquet

12. fariz80

fariz80 Regular Member

I don't know it yet unless i try it out on the court. Tomorrow will be my weekly regular practise, so I will let you know after that. At this moment, from early observation and a few shuttle hit testing at home, it seems promising....anyway will not know until I use it in the real game.

13. fariz80

fariz80 Regular Member

Hey, I just returned from practise just now. WOW, that's all I can say. I think I already fall in love with Apacs Nano 900 power (Red). This is the first time I play with apacs, and think this is my best racket so far. Previously, I played with Carbonex30ms...one of the high end racket. This racket is good but I think it is not suitable with me since I play double and I need a quick manuavable racket. Then I changed to prince speedport 03 gray. This is also good but I think too flexible. Then now, I tested just now Apacs Nan900 power (Red)...strung at 25lbs (Hopefully the ebay seller strung it correctly) with Ashway string...and I can smash to where I want it to be, enough power...easy to clear to the rear court and I think my net and backhand has improved with this new weapon. Now I actually waiting for my Z-spark racket, perhaps will be arrived by next week. I will let you guys know the feelings soon. I remember, last time I strung my carbonex30ms with 25lbs, but quite difficult to clear to the rear court...perhaps string effect? or may be now I already improved my wrist swing and footwork? I could say that my feelings when I used carbonex30ms and apacs nano900 power almost the same, except this nano900 power is lighter since it is a 4u racket. I can play with my wrist easily, and may be this is one of the reason why my smash, drop backhand and net play improved. By the way, in my practise tonight, my Apacs racket clashed with my friend racket which is Armortec900 Technique. I really scared since I have read some of the apacs users broke their racket this way. The strike is quite hard, I heard from the sound. But luckily I couldn't find any mark on the frame.

Just hope in future Apacs will never increase extremely their rackets price once they have many fans:D
    p/s: Now, I'm wondering one thing. My Apacs racket labelled, stated that maximum tension is 28lbs....I thought Apacs Nano900 power(red) max tension should be 30lbs right? May be this is new modification form APACS? by the way I wouln't go beyond 27lbs. Just wondering....

Attached Files:

#2353 fariz80, Feb 13, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2010
  14. chongkiatz

chongkiatz Regular Member

guys....the visible hollow 1800 is discontinues?????

15. kingskawn

kingskawn Regular Member

Yes the grip on my new Lethal 60 was really worthless, I immediately replaced it with the free grip given by racquet_sports.
    Thanks for that! ;)

16. gapperonduty

gapperonduty Regular Member

fariz80^^^^...so what happen to your friend's A900 Technique if i may curiously ask?:)

17. taigech

taigech Regular Member

Hi, could anyone with a Tantrum 160 or Tantrum 200 give me a better idea on its balance? Sometimes I hear its balanced, and sometimes head heavy. I have an armortec 500 and was looking at the T200 or T160, wondering if these would feel lighter than the at500 (starts to get heavy after a while :rolleyes: bad stamina)

18. ApacsCanada

ApacsCanada Regular Member

Lethal 70 Balance Point

Heard about a lot discussion on BP of L70. Even there is one saying BP at 276mm. I have check all my demo racket.. They all at 285-290 range. I have 1 customer so far report to me he got BP of 28x. I think he did comment here too.

I'm likely to replace every off-spec. racket that I sold. Just send me an email .. or msg.

For your info., just got 50pcs of L70. I took measurement of 2. BP are 298 & 292. Let me know your favourite when you order that will help ... .

Oh.. if the BP of your L70 lie on "HM", that will be right on spec...

Thanks

19. Cyclone1

Cyclone1 Regular Member

How do I check the balance point?

20. ziggy87

ziggy87 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    same question. are there any specific tools?