Yonex Ti-10 Reviews

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by surge, Mar 7, 2005.

1. Dylanncs11

Dylanncs11 Regular Member

Project Manager
    OIC...bcos i notice all the Yonex racket is recommending low tension so kinda worried bout the durability......i'm looking to try 26lbs on either a BG66/80 string....
    But i got a feeling this shud be the racket i shud buy.....but since so many pro users here,i would like to get some infos on the Ti10 durability.....

2. allanshah

allanshah Regular Member

deisnger
    my Ti-10 using yonex bg66 sharp with 26lbs. hurmm so far ok and i think this racket is the best racket for now. but you must becareful not to clash with your teammate if u r playing doubles. this racket very fragile. u from damansara ?

3. Dylanncs11

Dylanncs11 Regular Member

Project Manager

Hi bro,

I'm from damansara.....i've finally become a Ti10 Owner yesterday.....string it wit BG66 25lbs.....goin to hav a 1st try on the racket......

4. allanshah

allanshah Regular Member

deisnger
    hehehe nice one. im from subang actually. enjoy ur new Ti-10 bro ! :)

5. canti

canti Regular Member

Student
    I wouldnt say the racket is fragile at all. I've had my Ti-10 3rd gen for about 3 years now and its still fine. I tension from 28lbs - 26lbs depending on the string. I've clashed about 3 times with it but only defensive clashes no hard on clear/smash clashes.

6. rekomaster

rekomaster New Member

I use it with BG66 26lbs, so far... this is the best rackett that i ever have .. love it

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    a client brought in a Ti10 to be strung. this one is a US code in pretty good condition considering it is 10 yrs old 1st gen.

what a beautiful piece even after all these years. feel so solid on the hand even if it is a 3U.

2M6Q0320.jpg 2M6Q0327.jpg 2M6Q0326.jpg 2M6Q0319.jpg 2M6Q0322.jpg 2M6Q0329.jpg 2M6Q0314.jpg 2M6Q0325.jpg 2M6Q0328.jpg 2M6Q0316.jpg 2M6Q0331.jpg 2M6Q0315.jpg 2M6Q0318.jpg

8. dimcorner

dimcorner Regular Member

There is a guy in my club that has one because he doesn't play very often. I'm tempted to buy it off him :)

It's also a US Spec 3U

9. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

kwun, are you planning on stringing that racket or taking it out to dinner? Methinks you are in love. :rolleyes:

10. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    that's an idea! :)

in that case, i am just sharing my love here. :D

11. Cloud_CW

Cloud_CW Regular Member

Umms is the ti-10 3rd gen shaft are the most stiff racket in yonex brand?

I love the power she gave to me =)

12. concretemad

concretemad Regular Member

engineer
    1st gen is really special racket in certain aspects. But whether it one of best, it may depends on player. A bcer here told before AT900T occupy the same spot as ti10 1st in the matrix. Whoever tried both before can share a bit here?

13. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

That would be impossible because the old matrix had different axis (old: singles vs doubles + smash-based vs receive-based; then it became soft impact vs solid impact + smash-based vs receive-based and now it's headheavy vs headlight + hold vs repulsion)

If you want to go by the chart then AT900T replaced AT800D in the chart when it came out: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...election-chart?p=537387&viewfull=1#post537387

Ti-10 vs AT800D: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...ection-chart?p=1209640&viewfull=1#post1209640

14. dimcorner

dimcorner Regular Member

I have played with both and it's not even close. I think the 900P would be a closer match but even then there is just something missing.

15. send4m3

send4m3 Regular Member

hi guys. I want to ask something... I have Ti-10 gen 3 and I am very curious about this racket... It is very stiff shaft with head light ... weird combination ... isn't it ? anyone can teach me how to make my TI-10 more easier to handle ? thx...

16. flamming

flamming Regular Member

TI-10 indeed need a very mch less time 2 adapt it. It is a very niz racquet. You jst need abit powerful wrist 2 contol it

17. arsnic_uk

arsnic_uk Regular Member

Student
    Hi guys, I'm also a Ti10 fanatic and have 3 Red Ti's and 2 Yellow Ti's in my possession. Sadly my yellow ti10's have recently died (RIP) due to cracks at the 5 o'clock region. My question is, is it worth getting these rackets fixed? I've read about this graphite replacement, which is offered by centralsports but not sure whether to send them off or invest in a at900p. Suggestions 0.o? Btw I am currently using my 2UG5 1st gen ti10, though ridiculously awesome, i don't want it to suffer the same fate as its predecessor...

18. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

Not really, NS9000X is probably the most stiff headlight Yonex racquet.

But after 2 years of continuous use, my 3rd gen Ti-10 became flexy a bit.

19. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    i guess, you can still find Ti.10 2nd gen ( yellow ) easier than 1st gen ( Red ). My suggestions is that try to find 2nd gen Ti.10, rather than using your red Ti, because red Ti's is very hard to find nowadays however you have 3 of those, so it is up to you.

About investing in AT900P, the characteristics of yellow Ti.10 with 900P is not quite similar. Therefore it is still the best to buy a new or second hand yellow Ti.10 rather than investing on 900P. In my opinion, get Ti.10 repaired is totally out of the option, the feeling of the racket will be different. At the end of the day, it is still your choice.

20. arsnic_uk

arsnic_uk Regular Member

Student
    Cheers for that Licin. Yeh 1st gen ti's are LEGENDARY. Will probably scout for yellow ti's later in the summer. I favour the yellow ti's over the new purple one. Could be a cosmetic thing ;p By the way, has anyone here heard of apacs tantrum 300? It looks like the 2nd Gen ti10, but is it anything close to it? 0.o