Rexy is determined to arrest slide

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by X Ball, Sep 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Well screwed up policies breeds half baked results.

2. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

As with everything, people learn. Companies perform and then don't perform and then perform. Same thing.

3. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    1 on 1 session with Rexy:eek:...err! you are lunching right?...not dating as XBall is suggesting...hehehe!!;):p:D

4. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Companies like Proton / MAS lose money despite being market leaders.

Companies like McDs, Citibank, HSBC become multinationals and prosper.

It is all down to policies and foundation laid. Not perform then dont perform thing like a yoyo.

5. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    I work in Singapore, so I am there (or should I say here) almost all the time. I go back to KL once in a while.

6. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

MAS now performing lah (profit). And Proton now making profit again. Apa ini !

7. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Making profit because they sold their assets and making profit because of increased revenues/market share are two different things. :rolleyes:

Kampong betul ni!

8. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Consolidation my friend. Sometimes, if a company has outgrown the market, it is not too bad to consolidate and still make money. One does not need to increase revenues to make losses. My point is companies do well one day but due to unforseen circumstances also perform badly sometimes. Like LCW, if they can reign in their bad performances, they are able to restitute themselves and be the darlings of the people again. Nobody is perfect.

#48 X Ball, Sep 19, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2007
  9. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Off Topic-- To Pemuda

You should consider Joining ROCKETs or the EYES. A good platform for you :D

10. evan1222

evan1222 Regular Member

That is the mentally of our boys in this game. After the won the All England, i knw they will go downhill.

Expected...history has proven. And has repeated again.

Now they think they are superstars, lack commitment and hunger to win.
    Opponents knw their game and their weaknesses..they need to be more serious and focus otherwise...they will just fade off. Sigh. Young and arrogant...money and fame really spoilt them.

11. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Good for INA pairs :p

Good for INA too if Rexy were to be disappointed and come back home to train our youngsters. I am sure all INA fans here will leap at the news if Rexy were to return home :rolleyes:

It's time to re-establish our dominance in MD. Our crop of young pairs are starting to show their teeth, with Bona Septano/Mohd Ahsan and Wifqi Windarto/Afiat Yuris Wirawan winning International Series event this year.

12. ixory

ixory Regular Member

read this article..i'm suprised..what exactly happened between both of them..:confused:

Rexy tak mahu latih Koo-Tan

Oleh Lukman Salleh

Berita Harian

[​IMG]

Jurulatih beri kata dua kepada beregu Sukan Asia segera selesai masalah peribadi

JURULATIH beregu Rexy Mainaky tidak mahu lagi membimbing Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong sekiranya pasangan itu berterusan membiarkan masalah peribadi mengganggu aksi mereka hingga gagal menyajikan aksi cemerlang di persada antarabangsa.

Beliau menyifatkan Kien Keat-Boon Heong kini sudah hilang kepercayaan antara satu sama lain serta masing-masing mahu menunjukkan ego dalam gelanggang, sehingga tidak dapat kembali ke kedudukan yang pernah menjulang mereka kepada empat kejuaraan antarabangsa.

"Secara jujur saya katakan, jika masalah antara mereka ini berterusan adalah lebih baik saya berhenti melatih mereka," kata Rexy.

"Kenapa saya harus membuangkan masa dan tenaga jika mereka tidak mahu mendengar nasihat saya dan tidak cuba menyelesaikan sesama sendiri.

"Persembahan mereka di Jepun begitu buruk dan saya dapat perhatikan sudah tidak ada kepercayaan antara mereka di dalam gelanggang berbanding ketika mereka beraksi awal tahun ini.

"Masing-masing sudah ada ego dan besar kepala serta menganggap diri mereka lebih baik daripada pasangan mereka hingga tidak lagi boleh berfungsi dengan baik di atas gelanggang.

"Ini adalah masalah peribadi yang harus mereka selesaikan sesama sendiri kerana sebagai jurulatih saya hanya boleh memberikan tunjuk ajar dan teknik untuk meningkatkan prestasi mereka dan selebihnya terpulang kepada mereka.

"Saya sudah memberi masa kepada mereka menyelesaikan masalah peribadi. Jika ia masih berpanjangan, saya mungkin tidak ada pilihan selain mengambil tindakan drastik kerana saya tidak mahu memberi gambaran yang salah kepada peminat mengenai kedudukan pasangan ini," kata Rexy.

Prestasi Kien Keat-Boon Heong begitu merosot selepas mengalami kekalahan pada Kejohanan Badminton Asia di Johor Bahru, April lalu dan gagal beraksi cemerlang di Kejohanan Dunia di Kuala Lumpur bulan lalu, apabila tersingkir di suku akhir dan sewaktu Terbuka Jepun terkandas di pusingan ketiga.

Bagi Rexy, masalah yang dihadapi pasangan itu hampir sama seperti yang dialami bekas beregu utama negara, Cheah Soon Kit-Soo Beng Kiang, yang tidak serasi dalam gelanggang hingga akhirnya dipisahkan apabila keadaan menjadi semakin sukar.

"Ia masalah yang sama seperti dialami Soon Kit-Beng Kiang," kata Rexy. "Kurang komunikasi, kalau bertegur pun bukannya untuk kebaikan sendiri sebaliknya hanya meletakkan tekanan ke atas diri masing-masing.

"Saya tidak tahu sama ada mereka mempunyai perasaan ini disebabkan pengaruh luar ataupun tidak, tetapi mereka harus faham bahawa mereka bermain untuk Malaysia dan jika gagal beraksi dengan bagus, semuanya akan berbalik kepada negara ini.

"Mereka sudah memenangi kejuaraan antarabangsa seperti Seluruh England dan menewaskan pasangan terbaik dunia tetapi mereka seolah-olah tidak belajar daripada semua ini dan membiarkan perasaan dan ego membaluti diri mereka.

"Saya harap masalah antara mereka berdua ini tidak berpanjangan dan mereka harus menyelesaikannya sendiri," kata Rexy

13. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Looks like the problem is really becoming out of hand :eek:

It's true that Soon Kit/Beng Kiang were not doing well until they have to be split with Cheah Soon Kit partnering Yap Kim Hock and that pairing continue to shine....

14. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Uh Oh...

..Rexy doesn't sound happy (is this what will be discussed with our ants??):p....translation requested, please..;):cool:

15. badMania

badMania Regular Member

If (and thats a big one) KKK/TBH were to be split....who will be the ideal partner for both players? Back to their original pairing? CCM/HTH are simply not up to par yet. Similarly with Fairuz/Zakry and Gan/Lin (esp this one). I think Gan/Zakry and Lin/Fairuz were performing better than the current setup :cool: As for TBS/OSH, they are also not performing after the long layoff.

So, the only stable pairing for Olympics is CTF/LWW.

16. Darien

Darien Regular Member

IT
    wow...this is BIG! how come we dont see this news in The Star or NST?

17. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    Good. The two kids need some shaking up that not everyone will listen to them whine and dribble about petty issues.

18. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Rexy does not want to train Koo-Tan

By Lukman Salleh

Berita Harian

(translation by Abe Deng)

Coach issues ultimatum to Asian Games pair to solve all their internal issues

Doubles coach Rexy Mainaky no longer wants to guide Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong if this pair continues to let their internal problems affect their performance and fail to show excellent results in international tournaments.

He asserted that Kien Keat-Boon Heong has now lost faith in each other and both are showing their own egos on court, such that they are unable to return to the top level that once gave them four international titles.

"I can honestly say, if this problem between the two continues, it is best for me to stop training them," said Rexy.

"Why should I waste time and energy if they themselves do not want to hear my advice and didn't even try resolving issues between themselves."

"Their performance in Japan was terrible and I can see that the belief that they once had of each other on court is no longer there compared to when they performed earlier this year."

"Each man is egotistical and big headed and thought that he was better than his partner until they could no longer function well on court."

"This is a personal problem that they have to resolve between themselves because as coach, I can only provide guidance and techniques to improve their performance and the rest is up to them."

"I have given them time to resolve this personal issue. If it continues further, I may have no other option other than taking drastic actions because I don't want to paint a false picture to the fans with respect to this pair's status," said Rexy.

Kien Keat-Boon Heong's performance had dipped since losing in the Asian Badminton Championships in Johor Baharu last April, and they failed to live up to expectations at the World Championships in Kuala Lumpur last month after being eliminated in the quarter-finals, and in the Japan Open in the second round.

To Rexy, the problem faced by this pair is almost similar to the one faced by the ex-top national pair, Cheah Soon Kit-Soo Beng Kiang, who were so off-key on court until they had to be separated when the situation worsened.

"It is the same problem faced by Soon Kit-Beng Kiang," said Rexy. "Lack of communication, and even if there was communication, it was not for their own good, but more towards putting pressure on each other."

"I don't know if they inherited this attitude from external factors or not, but they have to understand that they are playing for Malaysia, and any failure to show a good performance will be reflected back towards this nation."

"They have won international titles such as the All-England and beaten top ranked pairs but it seems that they haven't learned from it all and instead, let their attitude and egos take control."

"I hope the problems between them will not take root and they should resolve their differences by themselves," said Rexy.

Koo and Tan should learn from the Sidek brothers. Razif and Jalani Sidek were not on good terms with each other during their playing days, but always put their differences aside during training and in competition. Why was why, despite lacking attacking power and over-reliance on defence, the Sidek brothers were among the top 4 MD pairs in the world then for a very long time.

19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Thanks much..^^

..abedeng, for that pretty quick translation for us all!..;):cool:

20. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    I fink it will be a good COOLING off periods for both parties.. in the meantime.. Koo Tan should send to smaller tournaments (instead of SS) . They should be start from the fresh now.. To gain more understanding among each others & learn from the mistakes in matches again lower ranks pair...
    BTW, Sideks has been growth up toghether in a family since they were borned.. It is not surprise & not wise to compare a sibbliings against any other MD players combination...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.