Traveling to Beijing

Discussion in 'China / Hong Kong' started by nkiattin, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Sgt_Strider

Sgt_Strider Regular Member

I am currently living in the Haidian district near Beiwai and are there any badminton centers near by? My skill level is more or less at the intermediate level and can I go to Renmin Daxue to play?

2. Sgt_Strider

Will I find the best racquet prices at bbesports? Can I bargain there? It seems like bargaining is quite a natural thing to do in China.

3. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Actually I'm more interested in the Beijing Olympics 2008 and wonder whether you know of any reasonable accommodation (budget hotels, hostels, etc) near the badminton venue that might still be available during the games. ;)

4. glasger

glasger Regular Member

You can find a price list on bbesports' website. They have two sets of prices. One for members and the other for non-members. Usually, there is a 10% difference. If you go to their store, you can get the member price. But they don't do bargaining.

I have friends' friends who sell racquets at Shou Du (Capital) Stadium. If you are interested, please let me know. I suppose you can find my email address.

5. glasger

glasger Regular Member

Beiwai is quite close to Renmin Daxue. I don't see why you cannot play there.

6. Sgt_Strider

Beiwai doesn't have any badminton courts. If you count the outdoor badminton court as a suitable place to play then you win. I'll add you to my MSN list.

7. keendom

keendom Regular Member

RenMin University is very close to Beiwai. And there is lots of indoor badminton courts. You can find a club and join them.

8. glasger

glasger Regular Member

I meant you could play at Renmin Daxue

:) I didn't know that Beiwai doesn't have any indoor courts. Bei Er Wai has pretty good courts. You can play in Renmin Daxue. What's your level? I started playing from 2001, but am still learning from my coach.

9. Sgt_Strider

You can check out Beiwai yourself, but afaik it doesn't have any indoor badminton courts. I would consider myself to be an intermediate player.