Victor Racquet Spira 21

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by BengGuan, Dec 31, 2009.

1. plkvoon

plkvoon Regular Member

Manager
    funny that you said sp21 is hard to swing compare to others.... my AT900T is way slower than SP21....

2. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Wouldn't be hard - the 900T is a bit of a slug compared to things like the Z-Slash or 9900.

3. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Are there other pros using this racket other than Taiwan WD player Cheng Wen Hsing?

4. GT0ro

GT0ro Regular Member

all my rackets are 3U. i've played with 4U BS10 before also. and they are all strung the same (tension/string).

the at900t and spira21 are the most "solid" rackets out of the bunch. sw35 and bs10 are very similar. the bs10 and sw35 are very nice rackets but just don't feel as solid as the at900t and the spira21. bs10/sw35 both have a very slight torsional twist.

5. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Are you sure ? From what I have experienced, the SW35 is the most powerful and solid racket that I have ever used, including a AT900t.

6. T-maker

T-maker Regular Member

Trouble Maker
    hahaha... a group member just asked me whether i'll add this stick to my collection...

7. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    It's interesting how people can have different perspectives.

I owned a AT900T, and while it is a 'nice feeling, solid' racket, compared to the SW35 it's like a chopstick with a golf ball on the end.

And I don't find the BS10 and SW35 very similar at all, even though both mine are identical specs. The BS10 is noticeably quicker through the air and not as 'meaty' feeling as the SW35. It's not as stiff either, but then again, what is!?

I'd like to get a SP21 to try out, but with the introduction of the 22 I think I'll wait and see which suits me best.

8. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    Yes of course because of the sword like frame which is quite a bit more aerodynamic than the aero frame of the SW35. I've played with both for quite a bit and I must say that they are very different. Which one do you prefer?

9. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    I need more time on them to make a value judgment, but so far my weapon of choice is the BS11. I have a feeling I'll end up preferring the BS10, but jury is still out on the SW35. It feels like nothing I've ever swung before. It's kind of like it transmits absolutely everything the strings are doing straight to your brain. Weird.

10. bluecraze07

bluecraze07 Regular Member

So, anymore reviews on the Spira 21? Any updated opinions from owners of this racket?

11. wilsonsung

wilsonsung New Member

student
    well~ personally, I think spira-21 is pretty good racket! Especially it is stiff and heavy when comparing with BW10. To be honest, I think there is no big different betweent these two rockets when I was using both in the game (double). However, I would say Spira-21 is much better in control, I mean you can do whatever shot you want with spira-21. In other words, accurate and precise is performed when you hold spira-21. But right now I am using original replacement grip with over grip (gr-218) and it is bit thick for me. So, I might change the way of grip and write another common!!

12. BennyC

BennyC Regular Member

N/A
    Alright so I have used the Spira 21 for a while now and i can conclude that it is my current go-to racket. I replaced my 3U BS11 with this. It offers more feel and more power. I don't feel tired using it at all so it is definitely a PLUS for me =).

The spira 21 has made my game play much better in all aspects, especially power. The only the that is a tad slower compared to the BS-11 are my backhand drives. But other than that, it has been serving me well!

13. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

14. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

I was at the Guntur Sport Surabaya last week, and the owner showed me this Spira-21.
    At the same time, he also showed me the Kaierte - a China brand racquet, I forget the model, but it is all woven.

And to my surprise, both racquets are similar, except the painting for sure.
    From the cone type, grommet, etc. And more special for the U-shape grommet, also the same ..... for one who never see this Spira-21, the U-shape grommet is a bit different with normal U-shape grommet.

15. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

How much did the seller price SPIRA 21 in Surabaya? If you check the link i posted, the promo is valid until 31 Oct only. Spira 21 + T-shirt SPIRA + Bag BR-105C = Baht 4,500 or about Rp 1,215,000

The Thai distributor says regular price without promo would be Bt 6,200 and they will discount for Thai people about 30% off. I already booked 1 package for me through my thai gf.

I've never heard of brand Kaiearta or something, but China is well famous as best imitator in the world. It is no wonder you can even find Spira 21 at 100% similarity but different prices.

16. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

no idea coz not interesting to this model ... Panda Power is better.
    and for the Kaierte, it has been released long time before Spira-21 .... so who's following who ? :D So, my first thought that Kaierte is the OEM of Victor.

17. BengGuan

BengGuan Regular Member

Stringer
    Almost all racket frame similar to the others. So, it is not quite surprising if you found one racket frame similar to the others. FYI, Victor never do OEM at the other factory. Because Victor very persistent in Quality, so they fabricated all lines racket at their own factory.

For Kaierte brand, have heard this brand before. If Li Ning, YY, Victor is 1st brand. Than Kason, SOTX is second brand than Kaierte is third brand at China. Kaierte racket not so expensive, quite qood in performance.

For Spira 21, this racket have very unique shaft. This shaft feel stiff but when you playing within this racket, you will feel racket hold shuttle more longer also more repulsion. Have discussed at 2st page of this thread. For more information please check at http://www.aldila.com/innovations.php
    Spira shaft spec and characteristic almost like this shaft.

18. alana07

alana07 Regular Member

i used to own a PP T2 and a ZELM PP10K, and i compared both rackets...to my surprise both rackets are similar except for the paintwork...:eek:

19. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

I think you guys did not get my point .....
    The Spira-21's U-shape grommet is different from others, but this U-shape grommet is similar to Woven type of Kaierte .... ;) not more.
    I do not compare the technology behind because it is not necessary to me.

I got the answer for this .... ;)

20. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

I'm about to purchase SPIRA 21 in next week. still have a week to reconsider about my decision again. Please help me, should/shouldn't i buy this racket? or maybe wait for Spira 22? (I was really considering to buy SW35, but due to very interesting Spira promotion in Thailand, maybe i should try spira first.. but dunno either 21 or 22)

off the topic, what are the differences (in specs,performances, & technologies) between spira 21 & spira 22?

I love extra stiff shaft, smash-based player with good control, single/double player, normally play about 2-3 hours max at a session.

thank you.