RKEP Rackets

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by blindfury, Jan 29, 2013.

1. jamaljenkins

jamaljenkins Regular Member

Student.
    It's strung right now though so I can't really measure the dry BP and weight... I also don't have a scale to measure its weight... I'm assuming it's about 88g ish but with string and Yonex Super Grab it might be in the mid 90s.

2. visor

visor Regular Member

^^ supergrap is 5.6g

string is 3.0-3.5g depending on gauge thickness

3. jamaljenkins

Student.
    then that would probably be in the 96g's since I'm using BG80. If I get an 88g one the weight in the head might make it slower so should I lower it by 1-2g? And go with 297mm? or 88g and 295mm BP?

4. visor

visor Regular Member

You can't guess! You have to weigh it...

5. jamaljenkins

Student.
    The thing is I don't have a scale to weight things this light...

6. visor

visor Regular Member

Try the post office?

7. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

Ordered a RKEP XP-70 from Eric, due to arrive in 3-5 days time. Anyone who has experience with both the XP-70 and XP-80? What are the differences in-play between the 2 rackets?

8. visor

visor Regular Member

Yes, assuming same specs, xp70 slightly more accurate but more difficult to access power due to difference in shaft stiffness.

9. visor

visor Regular Member

Review update:

Just got a heavier xp70 (listed 87g 297mm, measured 86.2g 297mm, head wt 38.0g).
    As compared to my first xp70 (listed 85g 297mm, measured 84.1.g 297mm, head wt 37.7g).

Now this is the perfect wt for me. :) Slightly slower due to the increased mass, but still fast in defence due to the aero frame, and has much more noticeable heft on drives, smashes, clears, backhands, and power shots. Wrist shots are amazingly easy to execute for some reason; just think, and it's there.

Strung with zm62 at 23 lbs, powerful, fast, accesible, accurate and stable, this is now my go-to racket over my Revelation, Precision Pro, and MX70. This is an amazingly excellent racket! How does Eric do it so well?

I also ordered a few other ones (xp60, 70, 80) for a few of my friends to try out. One is to replace a NR700rp that I clashed with and broke :(, and the others are to replace an aging AT900T and MP45. I think I got the correct specs matching their rackets, and I'll know what they think of them when they play tomorrow night. :D

10. craxors

craxors New Member

increase 2g make a big different?

11. yerrorice

yerrorice Regular Member

12. soulless

soulless Regular Member

Graduate student
    These have been on Eric's website for a while, they were never advertised and there have been no reviews that I know of. Could still be really good value for the money. RKEP lacks a chart for organize these rackets into different categories and different levels. Most of these rackets appear to be one-off, imitating other popular rackets in the market place. To be successful in the long run as its own brand, RKEP needs an actual marketing strategy.

13. *___*

*___* Regular Member

Anyone know where these racquets are being manufactured?

I heard once that most badminton racquets all come from the same factories anyway, not sure if that's true or not.

14. blindfury

blindfury Regular Member

300mm-305mm

interesting....................................

15. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

Anybody got the RKEP Power F4 range?

16. visor

visor Regular Member

[MENTION=20414]Boaster[/MENTION]

Yes, on near max smashes and clears I can feel the shaft bend slightly. Whereas the MX80 is beyond my ability to bend. :p Imo, this is a good indication of whether one is able to use a racket efficiently.

Smashing power, I'd say given the same specs, depends on your ability to *consistently* flex the shaft. The stiffer shaft will have higher max power but the less stiff shaft will have more easily accessible power.

However, one thing about the XP series is that they're faster and cut thru the air sharper than the corresponding MX series given the same specs, due to its more aerodynamic design.

As a matter of fact, the swishing sound it makes is very much high pitched like the BS and unlike the lower pitched MX swoosh. You can practically feel no significant air resistance like a BS when you swing, and yet it hits solidly like an MX when you strike. Pretty good combo, imho. :)

#56 visor, Apr 23, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  17. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Still to pick up another couple of XP-70's. I am in a bit of a dilemma at the moment as to what to do actually...

I am satisfied with the XP-70, I have used it exclusively this year since receiving it, however, my only suggestion was to get a heavier frame. Now that these exist, I am in a dilemma as to whether i should pick up a 87g 295, or whether I should try the XP-60. the potential for a stiffer racket is appealing to me while keeping the same frame profile, so I am really not sure what I am going to buy.

Unless of course, Eric has another racket coming to be sold any time soon? :)

18. visor

visor Regular Member

^^ What're your previos go to Victor rackets. The XP60 is not that stiff, nothing like MX80. Perhaps more like MX70. But given the same spec it'll be more powerful than XP70 if you're explosive enough... or not, if you're not. :p

But nevertheless, you should definjtely order one 60, if
    your previous rackets were
    stiff like sw35 and mx80.

#58 visor, Apr 23, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  19. Boaster

Boaster Regular Member

Thanks Visor for the update on the shaft stiffness. I'm similar to LD Rules as I have and used both the SW35 and MX80, (also have a MX70) so I'm definitely leaning more now towards the XP60.

Anymore experiences or comparisons from any others?

20. i800Yoty

i800Yoty Regular Member

How stiff is XP60 compared to other rackets? It says very stiff but I am worried it is too stiff for me, like the MX80 was.