How to beat Lin Dan?

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by pBmMalaysia, Jan 26, 2010.

1. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    hmm, i said don't bother but u want to anyway:rolleyes:. So, why keep asking me for advice when u don't follow them anyway:confused:

if u can't be distracted by XXF wiping sweats, adjusting her hair between rallies, then u don't have the XY gene but the Xball gene:p

#221 cooler, Mar 26, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..*sigh*..from reading the last few posts on this page as well as a few other threads, i guess pBmMalaysia has become cooler's no.1 fan (or is he the 99th fan)...?!?!..:eek:

How to beat LinDan?
    1) Ask LYB
    2) Ask XXF
    3) Ask all the party & event organizers who'd organized the many events LD had to attend..
    4) Ask coach TXH, his teammates..
    5) Definitely don't ask any BCers, cos that'll lead to even more useless and laughable banters..
    :eek::p

3. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

both cooler and pbm looks very busy at work here:D

4. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    cooler is very informative and helpful even though almost all of his information comes from google, he is indeed fast and as for no.5 (in bold), ctjcad, that's not the way to talk to a lady!;)

5. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

So over here, which fish jumps to which pond?:D

6. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    i only take advise when its good and its good we find out is it really a fixed game or not. we can also see or learn a thing from it such as how do they play/perform when they do not have the pressure against each other (supposedly its a fixed game). i doubt you ever thought of this, cooler unless you are coaching!:cool:

xy gene or xball gene or even cooler gene there is nothing to do with it, it's pure simple! i take it as lin dan lost focus and he was weak mentally that day and this is sure one mistake to put this into this thread;)

how to beat lin dan - use xxf to distract him?? doesn't it sound silly?? :D

here, try to think before you post or it was just one of your cheap joke!:D

7. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    right now i don't see any fish but if it's there it gonna be a big fish, cheap joke and better stay to the topic!

8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    u underestimate the skills of acting. You say no pressure? Ha, try acting without retakes, live, like live theater. If u dunno, top actor/actress make way way more than the best badminton players.:rolleyes:

btw, u seem to keep coming back for more...why? are u learning something from me and u can't find it from google?

#228 cooler, Mar 26, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  9. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    if you said its a fixed match there should not be any pressure:D
    so when there is a fixed match there is no pressure and when there is no pressure the match is different - players tend to play at a higher percentage of their ability or standard. or if you still find it difficult, imagine when you play competition, your muscle become stiff, you still can run and you get fatigue very fast so naturally you only play with whats left in your body!:D

you keep asking me question so to be nice i have to keep answering you and yes, i learnt a lot of things can be found via google!:D

10. Ayabrea

Ayabrea Regular Member

Actually, if you have the losing player pretend to fall and fake an injury, it saves both sides a lot of time and energy. You underestimate the skills of acting.

Ayabrea.

11. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    How to beat ld ?
    I would say ask
    -LD
    -God

12. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    if its a fixed match, there is no question or doubt there is going to be acting or pretending to play all out as one player already knew the outcome of the match.

during this fixed match, say for 20 min, i am sure they are not acting from zero to 21 x 2 or 3 sets? absorb what is good and laugh when the act is lousy or even learn how they throw themselves in court etc..etc..:D

13. Flexsis

Flexsis Regular Member

Student
    Each person gets 1 free game, last game they both try = D, good plan no waste energy

14. Ayabrea

Ayabrea Regular Member

I can see it all now:

Its the 2011 AE final, Ayabrea vs Lin Dan and what a major upset it has been. Lin Dan smoked Ayabrea 21 to 0 in the first set and had 20 to 0 in the second set before Ayabrea came back in style to win it 22 to 20 and in the third set, Lin Dan was at 20 to 0 before he tripped and sprang his right forefinger, thus forcing him to concede the third set and AE championship to Ayabrea. Was this a fixed game? Surely not. :D

Ayabrea

15. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    ya sure, it couldn't have been a fixed game as you were good you won with style! no excuse for lin dan to lost even though having injured his right forefinger!

16. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    How to beat Lin Dan ?

I am sure this is the question of many top pro players and bc fans ;)

as he seems to be the guy to beat in the end,

assuming of course, no h2h with lcw in their earlier rounds :D

Strangely, china ba still failed to come up with a replacement killer to replace ld

given so much has been said about their training regime,

great tacticians both on court and off court :D

and a bunch of already highly explosive killers.:p

Did china ba failed here? I doubt that....

its probably Lin Dan is still one fella hard to emulate for the current whole china ms.

And what makes him so remarkable and still so hard to beat? :eek:

Through out the years ld has learnt to survive, he needs to change his strategy,

maintain his fitness and mental toughness.

With this he knows he will be in business :p

In practically all his last 10 matches,

he prefers controlling with/or end up with sudden attacks

rather than those 'we expected most' tactical play :D

Well, we have to get used to it, unlike good old Olympic 08

which probably would be the last we see of a great and crazy play by him:eek:

Thus, with such an easy yet difficult to predict tactical game,

knowing when to pace himself carefully,

he will see steam coming out from his opponent in due time ...

So how to beat this kind of player?

Follow him and let him control then when he attacks get ready for it?

Sound so easy but why so many went 'pa lent tau' or fall down backwards :D

And why is it no players have the patience against him?:D

17. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
  18. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
  19. Maxii

Maxii Regular Member

badminton enthusiast
    How to beat LD? aint`t it simple?!!!

:confused:

just be stronger, faster, more clever, more motivated, more agile than LD.....and u`ll beat him easily.

shhhh..............dont tell anyone about this ok:D

20. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

Strangely, that's someone in my club who brought up the same idea about 'Tai Chi' badminton some time ago. That guy is at his middle age now and has been playing badminton for 30 years. However, he is from Hong Kong instead of Malaysia ;).

From what I understand, 'Tai Chi' badminton is a philosophy(or should we say mental state?) of playing badminton rather than a kind of skill. There are many similarities between 'Tai Chi' and badminton. First let me correct the misconception, Tai Chi is not 'slow' like what the old folks are practicing in the morning(those are just for exhibition and exercise for really old folks, the slow Tai Chi). Instead, it is a martial art that involved short fast movements(similar to Weng Chun). All the movements are made as short as possible (akin to using only your wrist and forearm instead of swinging whole arm for hitting in badminton) and this made the master of art look as if he didn't move when he was beating his opponents up (I am imagining Jet Li:eek::eek:). It also put alot of emphasis on relaxing your body before you excecute your attacks and channel all your strength at the moment of impact(much like badminton which required to relax before hitting and tightening your grip when hitting the shuttle). This made the attacks more efficient(deadly as well) and quicker at the same time.

When it comes to Tai chi badminton- Basically, you have to be really relaxed when playing your game. I always got criticized(by him) for being too tense while playing, thus resulting in alot of unforced error. Strangely when I followed what he advised, my game improved and I was able to hit to corners or retrieve shots which I normally can't do. He told me that if you were all tensed up, you started to swing your rackets wilder than you normally do, thus resulting in errors. In addition, it also helps you to read your opponents better and moved more freely on court(you will feel like you are flowing on court when you are relaxed). Having said that, it's not easy to do so, I tried to relax as much as possible on court but still got told for not letting myself 'loose' enough:eek:;);):p:p.

One of our best players in my club(another younger player) said that he has improved leaps and bounds after adopting this 'Tai Chi' badminton philosophy. It makes it so much harder to beat him now-just how can you beat someone who almost make no unforced errors and can place accurate shots all over the court:crying::crying::crying::mad:. I used to be able to beat him once every three games but now is getting nearly impossible to beat him:crying::crying::crying:.

This 'Tai chi' style certainly do seems like the philosophy which LD's adapt now-playing completely relax and free(as he has won all the big ones). This might explained why LD's made so few errors these days, cause he is not rushing the shots.

But what I understand is only the basics though, the more advanced thing like reading flow and creating/destroying flow are way beyond me(understand vaguely but don't know enought to put it in clear words). Something completely out of my league:p, probably a guy with various competitive experience can explain more.

#240 lcleing, Feb 10, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2011