Tantowi Ahmad & Lilyana Natsir

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by miksss, Jul 23, 2010.

1. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Let's hope that Towi/Butet can rest well before going to the 2012 Olympic Games

I watched the 2012 Indonesian Open SSP XD Final live (via live-streaming).

Towi looked tired. And Butet wasn't as sharp at the net as her regular self.

Sudket was really causing much trouble to Towi/Butet with his cross-court and deceptive shots. And Saralee was playing at her very best.

Let's hope that Towi/Butet can rest well before going to the 2012 Olympic Games.

2. sen

sen Regular Member

Saralee playing at her very best despite playing in Thailand Open the previous week where she played all the way to final in 2 event, XD and WD

3. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Yes chris-ccc, it is really true Towi looked really tired, Butet does not play as sharp as she used to be. I think on Game 3, Towi is really struggling with his stamina which is nearly gone. I recalled that there are several times on which easy balls do not give them points, combined with tricky steep well placed drop shot by sudket, sudket's body language which is quite relax & face which is smiling most of the time, together with the pressure as the last match of the day, a closing match for remarkable INA Premier 2012 were really placing them under pressure...

Let's hope that their coaches able to grab a few points for sharpening them up at OG 2012.
    GO TonTet.....Gold Gold Gold....

4. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    [video=youtube;WOaeNNMAD0U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOaeNNMAD0U&feature=related[/video]

5. drquick

drquick Regular Member

Doctor
    News from BWF website
    http://www.bwfbadminton.org/news_item.aspx?id=64705

GOLD please Lily :)

6. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Draw for Towi/Butet.

London 2012 Olympic Games Draw: Mixed Doubles
    [TABLE="width: 500"]
    [TR]
    [TD] Group A
    Zhang Nan / Zhao Yunlei (1)
    Alexandr Nikolaenko / Valeri Sorokina
    Michael Fuchs / Birgit Michels
    Chris Adcock / Imogen Bankier
    [/TD]
    [TD] Group B
    Joachim Fischer / Christinna Pedersen (4)
    Shintaro Ikeda / Shiota Reiko
    Toby Ng / Grace Gao
    Robert Mateusiak / Nadiezda Zieba
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD] Group C
    Tontowi Ahmad / Liliyana Natsir (3)
    Thomas Laybourn / Kamilla Rytter Juhl
    Lee Yong Dae / Ha Jung Eun
    Viju D / Jwala Gutta
    [/TD]
    [TD] Group D
    Xu Chen / Ma Jin (2)
    S Prapakamol / S Thoungthongkam
    Chan Peng Soon / Goh Liu Ying
    Chen Hung Ling / Cheng Wan Hsing
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

* Source : http://www.bwfbadminton.org/news_item.aspx?id=64818

7. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Towi/Butet will face Xu Chen/Ma Jin at 12:30 London Time. Hoping that in this Olympic Semi Final, they could beat Xu Chen/Ma Jin just like what they did on 2012 Ina-Premier Semi Final.

8. dan92

dan92 Regular Member

kaput. Now malaysia is doing better than indonesia. what a shame.

9. drquick

drquick Regular Member

Doctor
    And they lost the game... No GOLD for INA this year.
    At least they have try the best and has prove that they are the best among INA shuttlers currently. Unfortunately they lost their focus at the first half of the 3rd set and when they try to back on their game the Chinesse pair already on their TOP performence who gave them no chance.

10. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    Bitter pills are sometimes the best medicine.
    Our XD have done their best. It's just that their opponents played better than them. Way better.

I remember vaguely a line from The Dark Knight:
    "The night is darkest just before the dawn. And the dawn is coming."

The moment you think that it's all over and give up, then it's indeed all over for us.
    But I will not. I will keep believing that we can rise again. That is what I choose to believe. :)

11. sen

sen Regular Member

Quite sad that Lilyana did not a gold. Not sure if in 4 years time, she could still be at her best.

But I think there will be always be new stars.

12. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Hopefully, PBSI will realize that their Towi/Butet lost in the Semis is not caused mainly by technique or physical, mainly it is due to psychological aspect, of course it is in my opinion. PBSI will have to improve in this aspect to groom champion for the future which are not tough physically and complete in technique, but the player has to posses the spirit of a champion.

13. drquick

drquick Regular Member

Doctor
    From what i observe for recent years I could agree with you. The problems of INA shuttlers are more on their psychological aspect. INA players are very vulnerable when they lead and can easily caught by their opponents, while when they're fell behind it's very unlikely they could catch up their opponents.

I think they should learn how to deal with pressure to the 2 Indonesian medals weightlifter Triyatno (silver) and Eko Yuli Irawan (bronze). I watch their contest and from what I saw they are very well deal with pressure. Eko Yuli looks in pain and hobble after do his C&J lift. Triyatno looks tremble and almost fell but manage to gave more strength and finally did his last winning silver lift.

#233 drquick, Aug 3, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  14. naistav

naistav Regular Member

With all respect and tribute to Triyatno and Eko Yuli, the pressure is different to Badminton which not comparable.
    Weightlifter is a measurable sport while Badminton is more complex sport type.

15. markuswair

markuswair Regular Member

Student
    Well, I hafta say that Towi is the one to blame. Butet, albeit not in her peak performance, still managed to do tremendously tricky placing. Simultaneously, Towi conducted myriads of silly unforced errors, providing Thomas/Kamilla significant edge. Can't believe that a player of his caliber could have such a shameful mentality. Probably he should undergo harsh military training to shape and form tough mentality.

16. markuswair

markuswair Regular Member

Student
    *upss I mean Joachim/Christina

17. drquick

drquick Regular Member

Doctor
    It's not about comparing the pressure between badminton and weightlifting athlets. For sure the badminton players especially Lily and Towi have much more pressure to deal with to maintain the Golden tradition of badminton in Olympic. What I mean is about how to keep focus and give 100% or more in the field.
    I saw when Eko and Triyatno grab their medals and what I saw they were dealing well with the pressure from their opponents. I see how Eko have to deal with his pain that made him lame after he finish the lift. And for Triyatno in his last lift it is obvious that he was very near to fail his lift that he was all tremble during his lift from begining till last. According to the comentator Triyatno last lift was much more than his personal best record. The only thing I see that could made them did they lift is that they are mentally though and strong to deal with pressure.
    But that's just me :)

18. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    In my honest opinion, Towi/Butet lost in the Semis against Xu Chen/Ma Jin are due to their inability to find a solution when situation goes against them. In addition, Towi/Butet are both really emotional and wants to play a fast game. XuChen/MaJin knew it really well, therefore both of them really like and try to delay serve. It takes too long for them to initiate a serve. This triggers Towi/Butet emotion, as usual when emotion involve, they will lost focus, thus executing many unforced errors which will soon be followed by losing their confidence and at the end, that was a disaster.

19. clawhammers

clawhammers Regular Member

20. luvina

luvina Regular Member

ex student
    Congratulation to Tontowi/Lyliana for grabbing title in the All England twice in a row :)