Yonex Nanospeed 9900 Review

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ants, Feb 5, 2009.

1. dawei94

dawei94 Regular Member

Student
    Both the TW and SP codes have 2Us available, at least thats what they claim

2. isben

isben Regular Member

Engineer
    There is 2U for TW coded NS9900. I got 2 of them in Taipei

3. cephas_chan

cephas_chan Regular Member

I felt the same here...

4. cephas_chan

Recently tried the NS9900 3UG4. Initially, i thot it was another of YY head-light racket without any solid feel to it. Oh boy, i was totally wrong!!:eek:

Wasn't too sure abt the string tension, as it was from my fren's, but roughly i guessed it to be around 25lbs.

Currently, i'm using AT500 3UG5 (past few years), which is head heavy & Apacs Nano 900 4UG2 (past few months), which is head-light balance. The AT is powerful in delivering the smashes but it requires more arm power to produce its full potential, inversely, the apacs is a fun racket to play with, as it defends quite well.

In terms of feel (control) of hitting the shuttle, i would rank apacs with the least feel, AT500 better feel & NS9900 with the best feel & control. The word to use on the NS9.9k racket is...it's kind of "fluid" in its feel. It has gotten the head-light, at the same time, stable feel to it. Meaning, it provides the speed/agility of a head-light racket but with the firmness (maybe due to its stiffness) of a head-heavy racket. So when i tried to play a controlled cross court drive, it gave me the ability to change the direction of play faster & easier. When i tried to play a smash, the power was also on par with my AT500 & the RECOVERY after the smash was alarming quick!

It was a MIXED feeling when i played with this racket, but IT was a good feeling, very good indeed. I felt as if this racket had two different kind of materials built into it, the head part with super light material X & the middle to lower part using super stable material Y.

Last but not least, there wasn't any vibration (little) felt when i play hard smashes, which made this YY racket a worthy price to pay for. Not too sure abt other brands' replica though....you can try & let me knw ya.....;)

5. rotchanasak

rotchanasak Regular Member

engineer
    So surprice to hear from head heavy rac player about that.
    For me I use NS7700 before NS9900 very very difference in all term.
    But as you know they are the same head light rac.
    Last night I play with my old NS7700 and my friend borrow my NS9900.
    I play with very strange feel not NS7700 IS BAD but I prefer NS9900 is better.My score drop in quality but I still mange to win but very hard.
    So if someone read this please think again that NS9900 is one among best ever rac for sure.

6. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

i went to Jungceylon shopping mall that day and went inside supersport to look for some racket..and to my surprise..there's not a single badminton racket being sell there? then i went to Sports Wear, another shop.. saw quite a few badminton racket.th coded of course. .all latest yonex racket available there.. including the 100th ae badminton racket stuffs and all..im lucky to touch touch and see the racket in front of my own eyes:D..

the price is about 4000-7900 baht if i'm not mistaken..:D

sorry for the off topic.:p yeah, in phuket luckily i'm very extra careful, so luckily no extraordinary things happen:)

7. wiwi86

wiwi86 Regular Member

student
    dont worry too much about the paint chip. after all, it is just cosmetic injury on your racquet. it wont affect your playing. haha :)

8. cephas_chan

I was surprised too. Bcos usually head light racket won't give a solid feel to a swing i.e. the racket head weight leading the swing momentum. The below picture illustrates what i mean. Dat give the NS9.9k the speed & good feel i'm talking abt. The head light effect might cause the numb or non-feedback feel of NS9.9k that some users are experiencing...

[​IMG]

9. armortec800df

armortec800df Regular Member

Guys, does anyone know where could I buy NS9900 coded with 2UG5 in Singapore? Try TW-3UG5 before, find it too light and sold it.
    Thanks.

10. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

BCers

Does anyone know if there I a 2nd Generation Nanospeed 9900 ? I was looking through the 2010-2011 book, and it claims that it has Ultra PEF in the shaft, then I looked in the 2009-2010 and there is no mention at all of Ultra PEF in the Nanospeed 9900, I checked the website, to see if this had been a print error but it appears that it hasn't.
    So is this a new 2nd gen ?

11. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

The Ultra PEF "technology feature" is not listed under the NS9900 in the 2010 Japanese catalogue. I believe what you've seen is just a simple typo.

12. s0nnay

s0nnay Regular Member

Yonex have a tendency to do this in the catalogues, I know it occured in one of the ultimum ti racket specs. aswell few years ago.

13. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

It's not just in the book it's on the Yonex UK website
    Www.yonex.co.uk/badminton/Product.aspx?ProdID=476
    1800 post

#633 LD rules!, Apr 14, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
  14. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

so anyone know about wheter or not This is a different nanospeed 9900 or the same one, as they realeased in April 2009

15. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

And only on the UK website ;). Ultra PEF wouldn't make much sense with the NS series anyway, and a 2nd gen with no change in paintwork? ...

16. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

To add: catalogues can contain errors. I saw quite a large list for the JP one on the japanese Yonex website a short while ago, trying to find it now but unsuccesfully so far ... :D went way too far already, here it is: http://www.yonex.co.jp/news/2010/02/1002221400.html (more so for the tennis one I see)

#636 demolidor, Apr 14, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
  17. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

It's not just one place it says that it contains Ultra PEF it says it in two places on that page. And in the book anyway like you said it wouldn't make much sence, the nanospeed range are all about repulsion, so ultra PEF wouldn't work in this racket. And yes they haven't changed the paintwork

18. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

i think they were embellishing the Specifications a bit too much. don't worry about it. if you like the NS9900, play with it.

19. dawei94

dawei94 Regular Member

Student
    I think if they released a new version of the top nanospeed, they would have had a big advertising campaign and some new paint

20. AlweiSTX

AlweiSTX New Member

IT Manager
    NS 9900 price / Wuhan China @ Yonex store

Hi guys, just still pricing indicator:
    In Wuhan (DC of Hubei province) @ Yonex store: 1990 RMB (1 € equals 9,29 RMB for an indication).

Cheers,

A