now hafiz wants to quit BAM

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by pajrul, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    At the end of the day let the BAM decide his fate.. i mean it is good that he realised what he is not capable of. I hope BAM will really keep to their word on stuff like players going pro.

2. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

As far as the end result is concerned, it makes little difference between Habiz and those elite backup MS players... boleh?

3. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

No, Habis far better than those elite back up.......habis has AE03 to show mah....!

4. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    MAS elite backup players are only half as good as HH

IMHO, those MAS elite backup players are only half as good as HH.

Have a look at the draw of the 2011 Malaysia Open SS tournament; You will find MAS elite backup MS players needing to qualify to participate (while HH goes straight in).

5. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

LOL... errr... 2003? Now is 2011... my nephew gradually started picking up rackets to do Taufik's backhand smash after 8yrs LOL

6. majyun

majyun Regular Member

That's what happened when you have an organization that is being ran by bunch of amateurs. They can't adapt to change.

However, this will only do go for other countries if Malaysia continue to sink. I vote for Malaysia baminton's president to stay for the greater good of other nations :rolleyes:.

7. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB

OTHER STORIES
    [​IMG]

Badminton / Malaysia Open: Rashid salutes Hafiz

2011/01/21
    Reports By K.M. Boopathy
    boopathy@nst.com.my
    Share |

[​IMG]
    Hafiz Hashim with his wife Nadzatul Shima Mohd Nazari and daughter Hanna Sofiela at the Putra Stadium in Bukit Jalil yesterday. — Picture by Osman Adnan

NATIONAL singles coach Rashid Sidek applauded Hafiz Hashim's intention to quit the national team as the former felt it is rare to see a player admitting his weaknesses and willing to give other deserving players an opportunity to excel. Hafiz stated on Wednesday he had nothing more to offer to the national team and felt that the BA of Malaysia (BAM) should use the allocations it is spending on him to provide more exposure for the younger shuttlers.

Hafiz stated he doesn't have the motivation anymore to attend national training and wants to try out a new challenge as an independent player.

Rashid said he was not surprised with Hafiz's decision and felt that every player should be able to evaluate his or her own performance at some stage of their careers in order to make the correct decision for the future.

"I am not surprised with his decision as Hafiz himself knows well about his condition and he has admitted that. But it still takes a lot of guts for a player to step aside in such a sincere manner," said Rashid.

"He wants to depart in a decent manner and also mentioned that BAM can focus more on the back-up players with the allocation that the association is spending on him.

"Not many players will admit their weaknesses. I have seen so many shuttlers who are fast to pinpoint others' weaknesses and this is a lesson to be learnt by the younger players.

"Hafiz has done what Wong Choong Hann did three years ago where the veteran was responsible for his own career and Hafiz will probably have some motivation again as he needs to perform well to survive."

Rashid said Hafiz will not struggle as an independent player as he has been on his own during his time under Nusa Mahsuri.

Hafiz has made it clear he will not rejoin Nusa or that his decision has got anything to do with Misbun Sidek's resignation as the singles coach.

BAM has also shown appreciation to Hafiz for the manner he handled the matter and the association is likely to give the green light during the council meeting on Sunday. BAM secretary Ng Chin Chai said the matter can be resolved if Hafiz can send his quit letter before the council meeting on Sunday and this is something the latter will gladly oblige.

8. pralinescream

pralinescream Regular Member

BAM shld just let him go and indeed, free up resources to train another player with better future.
    hafiz on the other hand, can do other stuff too.
    win/win situation here.

9. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    I can bet Hafiz is singing the HUMPERDINCK famous song:

Please release me, let me go
    For I don't love you anymore
    To waste our lives would be a sin
    Release me and let me love again

I have found a new love, dear
    And I will always want her near
    Her lips are warm while yours are cold
    Release me, my darling, let me go

(Please release me, let me go)
    For I don't love you anymore
    (To waste my life would be a sin)
    So release me and let me love again

Please release me, can't you see
    You'd be a fool to cling to me
    To live a lie would bring us pain
    So release me and let me love again
    (Let me love, let me love)

10. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Please release me, let me go

For BCers who haven't heard of this song before, I shall place this YouTube here;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCZO9xeYA8g&feature=player_embedded#!
    :):):)

11. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
  12. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Because our Elite or back up shuttlers can't beat him!

13. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

I think they need him as sparring partner.He can still play a key role in team matches or opening up opportunities for youngsters in tournaments.

14. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Habiz was offered to play in INA league... any idea what is the sum ($$$) involved? It should be quite lucrative, I suppose... BOLEH for him...

15. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

HE also said taufik invited him to play..so he decided to play in the league..
    Good for him also as a 'PRO';)

16. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Since the article has not been posted in this thread :

The Star Online > Sports
    Monday January 24, 2011
    No conditions imposed on Hafiz for leaving BAM before contract expires
    REPORTS By RAJES PAUL PIX By S.S. KANESAN and M. AZHAR ARIF

MOHD Hafiz Hashim (pic) has taken up an offer to play in the Indonesian league after the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) accepted his resignation from the national elite squad without imposing any conditions.
    The former All-England champion, whose game has stagnated for the last few years, was relieved that the BAM Council at their meeting yesterday gave him the green light to let him continue his badminton career as an independent player.

“This is really good news for me,” said Hafiz, who declared that he wanted out of the BAM after losing to Chen Long of China in the first round of the Malaysia Open last Wednesday.

A day later, he submitted an official letter of resignation but feared that he would be suspended by the BAM because he had a contract to run with the association until the 2012 London Olympics.
    Last year, back-up shuttler Tan Chun Seang was suspended from competing in international tournaments for two years for quitting when he still had a contract to run with the BAM. Chun Seang retracted his resignation and he is currently in the national set-up.

The BAM president, Datuk Seri Nadzmi Mohd Salleh, said that Hafiz had contributed a lot to the country and accepted his resignation without any conditions.

”He is also at the tailend of his career and we decided to part in a good way. I am sure that Hafiz will oblige if he is required for national duty,” he said.

Hafiz, who is now ranked at No. 21 in the world, now has to chart his own fortunes, especially in seeking a fresh start to qualify for the London Olympics.

“I have been invited to play in the Indonesia League. Even Taufik (Hidayat) has called me to take part. Now that I am a free agent, I have decided to feature in the league (scheduled for Feb 19-27 in Jakarta),” he said.
    Hafiz will also play in the National Grand Prix Finals, which will be held in Kuala Terengganu from Feb 16-19.

“My resignation from the national team takes effect on Feb 1 and I will play under the BAM banner for the last time in the South Korea Open,” said Hafiz before leaving for Seoul yesterday.

“When I return, I will look for new sponsors and a club to play for.”

http://thestar.com.my/services/printerfriendly.asp?file=/2011/1/24/sports/7857064.asp&sec=sports

17. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    once again good luck to Hashim in KO and in the future ~~

18. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

No conditions imposed on Hafiz for leaving BAM before contract expires

Just wondering...

Why the BAM president, Datuk Seri Nadzmi Mohd Salleh, said that Hafiz had contributed a lot to the country and accepted his resignation without any conditions, but Misbun's resignation wasn't accepted? :confused::confused::confused:

#38 chris-ccc, Jan 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  19. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

i think because hafiz has maxed out his contribution as he himself succinctly put it in the above article and BAM seems to agree. misbun, on the hand wants to leave with job not complete and BAM still believes he has much more to contribute..... hence the conflict

20. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

He will enjoy cold weather in Korea... may be after losing in 1st round, he will go shopping for Korea jingseng :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.