Yonex Rackets in Bangkok

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by anakin, May 9, 2005.

1. YangYang

YangYang Regular Member

Engineer
    Any one from Singapore or JB is going to Sport Marketing or First Sport soon or this year end? Can help to buy Armotec 700 limited or normal type? Will pay some commission. :)

2. CalvinSeak

CalvinSeak Regular Member

Thank you very much SealMan :D

Boy do i love yonex!

3. ivan5805

ivan5805 Regular Member

r these both shop Sport Marketing or First Sport selling all genuine product?? because i dunno how to differentiate real or fake product?? is that any worry to shop in both shop?? TY for reply

4. CalvinSeak

CalvinSeak Regular Member

Oh i was just wondering how did everyone of you carry the racket bag? in your luggage or by hand carry? :D

thanks!

5. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Take note there's different rules for each airport when it comes to hand carry of racquets.

In Bangkok, they only allow one racquet to be hand carried, in HK it is max of 2 but it all depends on the carrier and the rules always changes depending on who is on duty.

6. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

Nice info, I will definitely look at the shops in the national stadium, especially Kumpoo and Victor.

I heard there's also tons of cheap sports clothing nearby, confirmed it's genuine?

thanks

7. BoyGenius

BoyGenius Regular Member

Employee
    How about in Changi Airport? Any limitation of how many rackets allowed to be hand carried?

8. BJOOI

BJOOI Regular Member

marketing
    Has anyone of you asked the shops in Bangkok before if they ship the rackets overseas after we purchase the rackets at the shop. I intend to go Bangkok next month to buy a few YY rackets but wonder if it will be troublesome for me to bring back those rackets without having a racket bag. :rolleyes: Thanks in advance.

9. Arief

Arief Regular Member

I have carried big 9-racket bag to and from Indonesia, Singapore, and China many times and have found no problem so far. I carried 5 rackets at most and stuffed some other things inside. When I tell them there are rackets inside, they just let me bring it inside the cabin.

10. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    The clothing at FBT, Grand Sports, Parrot Sports, Sports Marketing and First Sports are genuine. But there are shops selling fake soccer jerseys if you wish to get some. :)

11. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    I doubt the shops provide courier services. fyi you could actually put max 3 rackets into one Yonex cover. :)

12. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

Photos of Bangkok badminton shops

Here are some of the photos.

The 1st picture is the Kumpoo racquets at SportMarketing

The 2nd picture is the Yonex Collection at SportMarketing

The 3rd picture is the row of shophouses opposite the National Stadium

The 4th picture is the BTS (skytrain) national stadium

The 5th picture is the junction you turn in to get to the row of shophouses. It's opposite to a Tesco shop.

more updates. :D

Attached Files:

13. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

More photos

The 1st picture is the Tesco shop opposite the entrance to the junction of shop houses.

The 2nd picture is the picture of the national stadium

The 3rd picture is the mall MBK which is near the badminton shops, where you can have lunch while waiting for the stringing.

The 4th picture is the Yonex Boutique at Central World , Bangkok.

The 5th picture is the result of my shopping spree. I can understand how Sealman and Teoky succumb to the temptations. :D

Attached Files:

14. Henrylee1999

Henrylee1999 New Member

Self Employed
    i have experienced carrying badminton stuff,i.e.100tubes of shuttles in 2 boxes from indonesia before, when LCCT,Malaysia customs checked,i was asked to give them 2 tubes of shuttles for "permission" otherwise would not let me passed.
    Can you imagine if you are carrying 50units of Yonex rackets, how many units of them that you are willing to give to customs for "permission" ?

To post rackets from Bangkok to your home country,it is quite risky cos if the rackets are broken during the delivery no one will responsible for it or pay for it,please note that racket is quite fragile and expensive and cant be put under sun for longer time otherwise will be deformed of shape easily especially Yonex's. (recommendation of stringing up to 24lbs only).
    Those who have experienced putting rackets in car under hot sun will understand who i mean here.

You will cry when you see how courier services' workers through your parcel into cargo and put tons of goods packed with gunny sack before delivery.

Another problem is when you plan to buy 50units of rackets or more than that,there wont be ready stocks for you in Bangkok.And the prices will be more expensive cos you have to buy from diff shops which may not offer the same prices as you get before.
    When there are 50 pcs of rackets ready stocks for you to buy,you may pick up only 30 units of them cos there are defective parts that you cannot accept such as the scattered paint on rackets,scratches on frames,etc.

My suggestions is for those of you who want to buy rackets from bangkok and not willing to pay the travel expenses,you can ask your friend who often travel to bangkok to help buy and pay him some pocket money,travel to sports shops by taxi is not free.

About the Li Ning rackets in Bangkok, the prices is more expensive compare to china,malaysia and singapore. So, you dun need to waste your time to find in Bangkok.

15. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Haha I see you had a very fruitful trip and thoroughly enjoyed yourself. Where's the rest of the stuff u bought? :D

Did you get the 3u or 4u kumpoo 2300? I heard someone bought 5 pieces and had them strung at Classic Sports today :eek:

ps the vibration stopper is for tennis rackets. you play tennis too?

#355 Sealman, Jan 2, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  16. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

Ha ha, only 2 pieces. :D

4U version x 2, the 3U version feels like a 2U Yonex racquet after feeling it at Sportsmarketing.

However I found the racquet had paint chip/tiny crack after strung at 24lbs at classic this afternoon.

Dunno is it racquet defect or stringer tie too 'tight' as requested? :eek:

17. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

Got 3 X Gosen shirts/socks as well.

Yup, sometimes I play tennis, but I'm at best a high beginner, as I played once a month or less.

My jaw drop when I saw the Yonex Tennis racquet prices at Central World, have problem carrying too many racquets probably stopping me to get my G5 claws on the new S-Fit model.

The RDiS 100 (Hewitt/Dementieva model) is selling for only 4400 Baht if I remember correctly plus string. :eek:

#357 Badmintan, Jan 2, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  18. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    imho the paintjob finishing of the 2300 is not very well done. there was a tiny paint chip on my 2300 but i bought it as it was the last 3u piece available back in early december.

19. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

I managed to get a 3U, but after inspection back at the hotel, there was a crack at the shaft. So I return to the shop and swap for a 4U. :D

20. Jughead Jones

Jughead Jones Regular Member

Accountant
    @badmintan...the nanospeed 9900 that you bought, is it a 2UG5? how much is it in baht?