Chan Peng Soon & Goh Liu Ying

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by pajrul, Dec 5, 2010.

1. RyuHayabusa999

RyuHayabusa999 Regular Member

Businessman
    Quite a good pair....Just needs more experience and consistency.......I hv hope in them.

2. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Good show CPS/GLY.........a win is a win, even though it was their opponent who played badly....but all credits for CPS/GLY.

Congratulation on they able to break the jinx...........and i considered it as a break thru for them.

Keep it up, work harder to improve further !!

3. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

GLY needs more confidence at the net. She very gan cheong I find :p
    Yesterday I still don't consider breakthrough, the INA pair self-destructed. Hope CPS and GLY not so gan cheong today...:p

4. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

can they boleh tonite?

5. undeadshot

I must say it is already quite an achievement for them to reach the final here, caused quite a few upsets... Good job CPS/GLY for being the runner-ups, but still more work must be done to catch up with the Indonesian pairs.

GLY needs a huge dose of confidence to get her game going.
    CPS was quite a letdown today to be frank, I always thought he was pretty steady but turned out I was wrong ==

Overall, some improvement shown in their game, GLY can be very sharp at the net while CPS still needs a lot of work to be done, lacks the killer smash. I think it's time to expose them to 'pressure' situations by fielding them in the Sudirman Cup, nevermind if they lose... they are 23/22, they need more exposure to pressure to handle it. On the right track.

6. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Yes, They have improved quite a lot.....since i watched them play in last Commonwelth Game in INdia.

Keep it up.........

7. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

They are already in the list for Sudirman Cup, as the XD pair.

Today, CPS did well in 1st set. Then half way thru 2nd set, Lilyana/Ahmad stepped up & never looked back.

8. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Improve physical strength, power and mental strengh and Malaysia might be onto a winner :)

9. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Courtesy of The Star

Flawed high-flick serve costs Chan-Goh title

A HIGH flick serve that went wrong shattered Chan Peng Soon-Goh Liu Ying’s hopes of winning their first home mixed doubles title but the duo can still walk tall.
    Yesterday, the world No. 18 ranked Malaysians went down fighting 21-18, 15-21, 19-21 to Indonesians Tantowi Ahmad-Lilyana Natsir in a 57-minute final.
    The duo had looked good to smash their way to a second career title when they took a 13-9 lead in the second game. Liu Ying, who played excellently at the front, lost her touches while Peng Soon was jittery too.
    The Malaysians did well to come out of the bad patch with a stronger showing towards the end of the rubber game and had a chance to force a deuce after catching up to 19-20. But it all ended when Peng Soon muffed up the serve to the delight of Lilyana-Tantowi.
    It was the third career title for the world No. 10 ranked Indonesians after forging a partnership less than a year ago. They were also the champions at the Macau Open and last week’s India Open.
    Said the experienced Lilyana: “We saw our opponents slowing down in the second and they looked tense.
    “We took advantage and turned our game around. This will give us more confidence as we look forward to the world championships (in August).” Peng Soon was dejected that they let slip a good chance to win another Open title after their success in the Asian championships (ABC) in India last year.
    “We did well to keep them at arm’s length at the start but we could not sustain it.
    “We slowed down and that gave our opponents a lot of confidence to break away,” he said.
    “It is really frustrating. We could have won it if we had not slacked in the second game. We need to be more steady.”
    Liu Ying said that she lost her balance after making some costly mistakes.
    “I did not fear them but I allowed them to take advantage of my weak defence today. I became quite edgy when I started to make all the mistakes,” she said.
    “But overall, it has been a good outing for us. We were able to show to Malaysia that we can be counted on in mixed doubles too. We will continue to improve on our game.”
    En route to the final, Peng Soon-Liu Ying beat world No. 2 Sudket Prapakamol-T. Saralee of Thailand and Indonesia’s Fran Kurniawan-Pia Zebadiah Bernadeth for the first time in five meetings.
    The duo will get ready for the Sudirman Cup at Qingdao from May 22-29 and the world championships in London from Aug 8-14.
    Said national coach Jeremy Gan: “Overall, they did okay. But there are some areas that they need to polish up. China’s top mixed doubles pairs were not here. We will see how Peng Soon-Liu Ying fare in the Sudirman Cup.”

10. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    i can say Ah Ying/Ah Soon is a bit lucky this time round...especially in SF where INA is out of form that day...
    looking forward to their next meeting when the INA pair is playing normal game...
    Ah Ying and Ah Soon shows their weaknesses in the Final...and I can say, if not improved...they can forget about going far...
    hope Jeremy Gan can look into those areas...

11. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

INA XD pairs didn't play well but managed to pull off a victory of our XD... ah ying is really weak... she simply doesn't have the power n strength to play the offensive game at front court... too short, I think... her shortcomings are easily spotted and exploited...

12. danielwong

Salesman
    i think her weaknesses is defence....play from the back...
    the rest will be error prone...but to be fair...CPS also make a lot of errors...
    anyway on the good side, Ah ying front court coverage, when on-fire...is good...
    tricky net placing and cross court placing...

13. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

These are still the elements they need to improve with...........compared to tantowi's power and Lyliana's strenght, there is still a big gap....!!

14. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

CHN XD pairs still rule the world... the chasing packs are Denmark, INA and KOR... followed by Thai and MAS...

15. danielwong

Salesman
    er....Singapore not bad also...dont forget...and also JPN....

16. undeadshot

But I'm afraid that the coaches and officials would always choose KKK/CEH or WPT because they hope to score a point in XD... :( Isn't it always like this?

17. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

I think this year no. 1) WPT just back from knee surgery, not in good form. CEH dont have stamina play 2 dept.
    2) CPS/GLY have improved where they can hold their own.
    3) It's time to expose the youngsters, next Sudirman WPT & CEH(+LCW) retire already. Only if WPT's injury bug her, then GLY will have to play both XD & WD

18. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Singapore is not bad, but to be good still far far away..

19. danielwong

Salesman
    I agree to give CPS/GLY a chance to play XD rather than field suprise combo of KKK/WPT or...whoever...

20. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

I hope MAS will field them against Russia tonite... and this Russia XD pair upset INA XD yesterday :eek: so do NOT underestimate the Russia XD pair :cool: