P. V. Sindhu पुसर्ला वेन्कटा सिन्धु

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by cobalt, Jun 20, 2011.

1. ahkiong

ahkiong Regular Member

wah u really a genius, malaysia should hire u as chief coach then fire Rashid, rexy.
    Then we can get 5 gold medal in olympic, cause u can foresee who is real material
    who is not.

here is a nice song for u Mr no impress

[video=youtube;9hrwJvdPtwI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hrwJvdPtwI[/video]

2. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    u can read through the thread of those tournament if u dont believe
    but i wont reply any further as u made thing personal

sorry for bcer,someone come in and pollute this thread because of my comment
    haha

3. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    cool it ahkiong. it seems that you are a newbie. Dun mess around with limsy. I voted him for bwf president. So dun pray pray. ;)

4. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    I just wish people would post more videos of Sindhu at her recent tournaments! :(:crying::):)
    I wonder if there will be video broadcast or streaming at the Singapore Challenge starting today?

5. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    2011 Singapore Challenge starting today

Any links to direct us to the 2011 Singapore Challenge starting today?

Best Wishes to Sindhu. Hope that she will perform well.

6. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

2011 Singapore International Series: 27-30 July (Free Admission)

Found the link. It's the 2011 Singapore International Series (27-30 July);

http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/matches.aspx?id=46925693-36AC-42B6-9BB7-D6E594B7E794

Round 1:
    Pusarla Venkata Sindhu defeated Zhang Beiwen [5] 21-13, 18-21, 21-08 in 38 minutes.

Well Done PVS !!!. :):):)

#46 chris-ccc, Jul 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  7. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Will she follow Saina Nehwal footsteps?:)

8. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

9. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    End of a good run for Sindhu

Sindhu lost to Fu Mingtian in the quarters. Overall it's been a decent fortnight and a good learning experience for her. This reflects in her position as well. As of yesterday, her world ranking has jumped from 144 to 103. She needs to play more such tournaments more regularly now.

10. ahkiong

ahkiong Regular Member

haha i been here for quiet a long time already, just see this guy so arrogance, never show any respect to other ppl at all.
    if he is the bwf president, that will be the end of badminton, i hope he can learn his mistake be a better guy.

11. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    SportStar article

SportStar, a magazine in India, just relased its latest issue with an article on the young Indian shuttlers. Here is the link:

http://www.tssonnet.com/tss3430/stories/20110728505803600.htm

Some excerpts:

...The young Indian shuttlers are on a par with the best of their level in terms of skill. They produced many an example of their sound skill level and fighting spirit against rivals from reputed countries like China, Malaysia and Indonesia. However, one distinct drawback in all the Indian competitors was the lack of strength to stay alive in keener and long-drawn contests, writes Y. B. Sarangi.

...Sindhu, a trainee at the P. Gopi Chand Academy in Hyderabad, acknowledged the need for more strength following her gruelling semifinal loss to the six-foot tall Chinese girl Yu Sun. “I must improve my strength level, especially in my legs. In matches which stretch up to the third game, the legs should have enough stamina to support you,” said the 16-year-old.

12. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

P.V. Sindhu is tall enough

Regarding height, PVS is tall enough. :):):)

Regarding stamina, IMHO, PVS just needs to train harder (to support her longer matches).

13. GameGod

GameGod Regular Member

None
    Sindhu hasn't been performing that well in the youth circuit recently, but in my opinion she's the 2nd or 3rd best U19 in the world at the moment (the only one who's definitely better is Ratchanok Inthanon); and you're right, I think she needs to work on stamina, like all Indian players. But her natural tools are brilliant in general; she has all the potential it takes to become a World Champion.

However, having seen them both, I would firmly say that Rituparna Das (1 year younger) is even better. She might be about the same currently, but every year she's improving faster than Sindhu. I'd keep a closer eye on her; I think she's already better than Sindhu.

14. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    let see
    in 2010
    she lost to nazomi,geng jian,suo di
    in 2011
    she lost to sun yu and sonia cheah

with ratchanok and tai at the top(with significant world ranking)
    and
    china ws who is always strong(3 out of 4 slot in ajc semi final recently)
    i would think twice to rank her in U 19,probably 5-8 but definitely not in top 4 i would say:)

-------------------------------------------------
    Rituparna Das,any video?:D

15. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

If Rituparna Das is already better than Pusarla Venkata Sindhu (according to GameGod's Post #53), then Rituparna Das (not Sindhu) would be the one for us to watch. :):):)

16. GameGod

GameGod Regular Member

None
    Did she really lose that badly in 2010? I don't know where all these results have come from. :eek: Where do you find them? In any case, the other players are much older than her (except for Ratchanok) and she is improving reasonably quickly. That said, clearly on this topic you are more knowledgable than me (my only experience is from having watched Sindhu play live quite a few times, but I have also seen Ratchanok).

I don't yet have any videos of Rituparna Das (I couldn't find one on YouTube); in any case, if you wouldn't rate Sindhu in the top 4 in the world you almost certainly won't rate Rituparna Das either, as their levels are pretty similar for my money (IMO Rituparna Das might have a very slight edge, but not a big one).

In my opinion Rituparna Das is better than P. V. Sindhu, but then I've seen Rituparna play very many times and my decision is based purely on her superior speed and slightly greater agility around the court. But at this stage I don't have any international results to back me up yet, because (to my knowledge) Rituparna has not yet played a major international Youth tournament. She's also very inconsistent, she has lost to P. V. Sindhu three times (I watched one of those matches), although she has also won quite a few times. This might be why Gopichand doesn't let her play internationally yet. If you know of any International tournaments she's played in, I would be happy to hear about it. That said, of course I stick by my original statement that Rituparna Das is the one who will eventually be the best.

BTW, has anyone heard of my results from Rohit Yadav (U19 BS)? He's third on the current national rankings, but I don't know of any International results he's got in the last few months.

17. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...C32F7B7-04F2-4D64-BA5B-1A1E026A6852&player=56
    asia junior championship 2010 team event,lost to nazomi

http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...BC4077-116B-401B-B6CE-201045B37D9C&player=300
    asia junior championship 2010 individual event,2nd round,lost to geng jian

http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...231057-C679-40BD-BF99-283E08B22BC7&player=157
    world junior championship 2010 individual event,lost to suo di
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

cant recall who is R Das,so probably she havent come out and play yet
    i can only tell if i saw her games

18. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    An interesting interview

Here is an interesting interview with Sindhu as well as Gopi Chand.

Sportstar
    VOL.34 :: NO.31 :: Aug. 04, 2011
    V. V. Subrahmanyam

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk&source=www.google.co.uk

Excerpts:

“I am really enjoying the game now. Apparently, winning important titles makes so much of a difference to your attitude for the next big event,” she says.

“She is a special talent and has to be nurtured very carefully. The best part is she is young and willing to keep improving every day. And what impresses me the most is she never complains even if asked to do the extra hour of training on any given day,” says Gopi Chand.

It is heartening that neither Sindhu nor Gopi feel the job is over. “It is mission half-accomplished. If you want to be a force to be reckoned with at the highest level, two things are imperative — peak fitness levels and the ability to keep improving and adapting to the given conditions,” says Gopi. And, he ensures that the focus is clearly on these two aspects as one of his most gifted trainees is gearing up for the huge challenges.

“I am not in a hurry. I just want to take it event by event. You can always dream big but you should also have your feet on the ground. So, I don't talk big but am just keen to move up the ladder and take things as they come,” says Sindhu...

Does she feel the pressure of being tipped as the next Saina Nehwal? “No, not at all. The simple reason is that I never think on those lines despite she being my role model and a great source of inspiration. In fact, it is an honour and a privilege to train with her at the Academy,” says Sindhu...

19. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Sindhu sweeps title in All-India Juniors

Gold rush for PV Sindhu
    Hyderabad | Sunday,Aug,7,2011 IST

Full report: http://news.webindia123.com/news/Articles/India/20110807/1807749.html

Excerpt:

It was gold rush for India s latest sensation P V Sindhu as she won four titles at All India Major Junior Ranking Badminton Tournament that concluded at Filmnagar Cultural Center here today. P V Sindhu, continuing the good run after her recent triumph in Indonesia and Maldieves, almost swept all the four titles she fought. Having won the girls under -17 singles and doubles, Sindhu repeated the same performance in the under -19 girls category. It was a nice feeling to sweep all the titles Sindu said. Except big resistance she encountered in the under-19 semifinal against top seed Saili Rane, it was fantastic run of victories in the entire tournament, she added.

20. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Sindhu looks to improve defence
    Posted: Sat Aug 20 2011, 04:08 hrs Lucknow:

Full story: http://www.indianexpress.com/news/sindhu-looks-to-improve-defence/834616/

After a brief stint at the Uttar Pradesh Badminton Academy, rising India shuttler PV Sindhu is all set to lead the Indian challenge at the Vietnam Open Grand Prix starting Monday.

And Sindhu, who has been playing continuously for the past few months, is happy at getting some quality practice time ahead of the rest of the season.

“Lucknow has been lucky for me because it was here that I was able to win India’s first medal at the Badminton Asia Youth Under-19 Championships in July (she won a bronze). Just after that, I won the Indonesia International Challenge. I am working hard and I just hope to do well in the tournament at Vietnam. I will be rejoining the camp at Lucknow after that,” she told The Indian Express before leaving on Friday night.

Immediately after the Vietnam Open, Sindhu will proceed for the Commonwealth Youth Games to be held at Isle of Man next month.