Ma Jin ( 马晋 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by alala, Mar 8, 2009.

1. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Me too. Can't imagine i playing against a player with the voice of her joy when winning a point. I will get distracted la.:rolleyes::mad:

2. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Same la.... Infact all the chinese female players.... The srieks and shouting.... Very annoying!

3. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Extremely annoying!

WX got into the act in a big way last night. I think for sheer volume, she takes the cake. Plus hers is a double syllable utterance :D

4. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    This may be a silly question, but.... I just have to ask this...
    Is Ma Jin = Chen Jin's mother?

5. soulpx

soulpx Regular Member

Trader
    are you joking ?.... :confused:
    how old they are ? :crying:

6. bayanbaru

bayanbaru Regular Member

yaya and chen jin's brother is chen long

7. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Now that you mention it... :D:D:D

8. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Now that you mention it... :D:D:D

9. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Haha definitely!
    Just don't understand the need for such emotional spurs... For intimidation, mind control, distraction or what...

10. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Does anyone have news from Ma Jin's injury at WC?

11. CantSmashThis

CantSmashThis Regular Member

12. luvina

luvina Regular Member

ex student
  13. PrimeShuttler

PrimeShuttler Regular Member

Health Dept
    Hmm... just wondering what everyone thinks.

I think that Ma Jin is the single best female mixed doubles player at present. Probably just edging in front of Liliyana Natsir. It really is a pity that Ma Jin does not have a male mixed doubles partner that is equal to her talent and intelligent badminton brain. I mean, Xu Chen? :eek: Come on.... the guy is all brawn. Can't think on his feet, not particularly good defense. One heck of a smasher though. Not quite sure why they were paired up.
    Interestingly, Liliyana also does not have a partner of equal standing either.

No doubt that the current world No.1 is Zhao Yunlei and Zhang Nan, who will most likely take OG2012 gold, but player for player, I think that Ma Jin is ahead of Zhao Yunlei.
    Christina Pedersen whilst a strong and thinking player also, still does not seem to have the mental fortitude yet. She could still mature further in the lead up to OG2012 and be more of a threat though.
    Wonder what China BA ppl, particularly Zhang Jun and LYB are thinking. :confused: Can't they put one of the one of the better male doubles players with Ma Jin? He Hanbin may be ideal, though hardly hear anything about the fella these days. Otherwise, it's a real waste that someone of her talent and skills can't go any further up the rankings because of a lack of suitable playing partner.

Anyone else got any suggestions?

14. echo17

echo17 Regular Member

Actually i think tat there arent much strong male double's player in the china squad. he hanbin is nt really strong enough in smashing, and others seems a bit weak oso. zheng bo is actually much better, i think, n ma jin is better when paired up with him actually. bt undoubtedly, ma jin is a really good double's player, n if she hav the right partner whether in women's double or mixed double, she will definitely shine and mayb win the whole thing

15. alana07

alana07 Regular Member

ma jin actually first came onto the scene playing women's double partnering the bomber wang xiaoli...but the coach split them up and partner wang xiaoli with yu yang after a few tournaments.

in mixed doubles, ma jin was initially paired with zhengbo and there was once when she was scolded badly on court by him and she broke into tears after the game ended...poor thing. another possibility would be to pair her up with tao jiaming.

16. PrimeShuttler

Health Dept
    Yeah la, Ma Jin won last year's world championship with with Zheng Bo, and also finished runners-up in the women's doubles with Wang Xiaoli. Their opponents that day were Yu Yang and Du Jing, who has since retired with injuries I think. :confused:

I think Tao Jiaming plays regularly with Tian Qing, right? They don't seem to be doing too badly, although I don't think Tian Qing is in Ma Jin's class actually. Not that she's bad since Tian Qing and Zhao Yunlei also usually runnersup to Yu Yang and Wang Xiaoli.
    So maybe LYB just prefers to keep Tao Jiaming with Tian Qing.
    But I still maintain that it's really a waste to not pair Ma Jin up with someone else other than Xu Chen. :(

Wonder what about players like Hong Wei or Shen Ye. Or even the younger Liu Xiaolong and Qiu Zihan?
    Maybe Chai Biao? although from what I can see of his game, he's probably not much better than Xu Chen. Also may be a little bit mentally suspect.

Too bad I'm not in China squad.... otherwise, I volunteer to partner her! :D She can lecture me all she wants like how she always seems to lecture Xu Chen. Hahaha!

17. echo17

echo17 Regular Member

i know zhengbo had a messy personal life bt dun know that he was also nt a really great partner. really hope that she can do better in 2012

18. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    I feel they should persist with this pairing for some more time. After all, they have got decent results. They are #2 ranked in the world. I do think XC needs to grow up and mature quickly, but if he's not given the chance and shown faith, how will it happen?

If you begin switching partners now, it's like starting all over again, waaay down the ladder. it is up to the coaches and management to help with XC's approach and performance. MJ has given a lot to this partnership; its time XC is made to do likewise.

19. PrimeShuttler

Health Dept
    Fantastic performance from Ma Jin in today's Korea Open final. Hope she continues her fine form towards the Olympics!! You go girl!

20. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Ma Jin was amazing. Her defence was never better and net play put HJE in all sorts of trouble. Has to cut down on those annoying screams though.