Who will be the Sudirman Cup 2009 runner-up?

Discussion in 'Sudirman Cup 2009' started by kwun, Apr 3, 2009.

?

Who will be the Sudirman Cup 2009 runner-up?

1. China

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Indonesia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. England

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Korea

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Denmark

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Malaysia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Hong Kong

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Japan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

Even if China WD lost to Korea, I doubt that CY/FHF will lost to any Korea doubles except JJS/LYD pair again. This is team event. CY/FHF had play team event too many times and had tons of experience. Meanwhile in Korea MD only LYD who had mental toughness for team events. His new partner will be nervous. LYD also had to play twice in MD and XD.

He will had little rest cause I doubt the MS and WS event will be a long fight considering LHI and PSH didnot play for MS anymore.

And LHJ will play twice in XD and WD. Mean while China can played ZB/MJ in XD and let YY all out in WD.

Indonesia and Denmark had better chance to win against China than Korea win against CHina.

2. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

3. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

For runner up: I do think Indonesia will had the best chance if Taufik and Vita Marissa play for Indonesia. And no injuries .

Korea-Indonesia: Indonesia 3 points from WS,MS and MD

Indonesia-Malaysia: 3 points from WS,WD and XD

Indonesia-Denmark: TOugh -tough play. Ind will win WD and Den will win WS. But Ind had edge 55-45 in XD , MS and MD.

4. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Indonesia's leading the vote.
    ermm..

5. JennyHo

JennyHo New Member

student
    Hope Malaysia can make it to the final.:) Lee Chong Wei all the way!:D

6. Tjepy

Tjepy Regular Member

trader
    I think Indonesia will had the best chance if Taufik Hidayat back to the squad and Vita Marissa also play for Indonesia.
    But for this time Korean better from Indonesia in all sector.

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

That's right..

..i'm just propping the KOR's chances, just for our KOR BCers..;)

Tis true, Du Jing & Yu Yang have a better head to head record vs LHJ & LKW.
    But guess which non-CHN pair did Du Jing & Yu Yang lose to (not counting walkover) the whole yr, last yr??

As for the XD, i thought Zheng Bo & Ma Jin are no longer playing together again? I thought Ma Jin has a new partner in Shen Ye??

As for the MD, i thought JJS will come back in time and partner with LYD for the BAC and then continue on with the Sudirman Cup??

OK, maybe i'm a bit of an optimist with that 50-50 percentage:p But my point is, KOR's chance, should they play vs. CHN in the Final, is through their Doubles pairs. And as far as i can see, the KOR's WD duo (LHJ & LKW) is their only legit pair who has a much better chance to beat Du Jing & Yu Yang (based on their recent success vs. CHN pairs & despite their losing overall record and recent 2 losses vs. Du Jing & Yu Yang).
    ..ya know, as for all this talk about Taufik and/or Vita joining the national team, again, for the Sudirman Cup, how sure are you guys it will happen?
    What if they don't join the team? What happens to all the "3 wins vs. this team or that team scenarios" for team INA? Or are they going to rely on Sony and/or Simon? Also, by asking and expecting Taufik and Vita and others to be back, doesn't it sound a bit desperate on their part? How long will they employ & keep relying on Taufik to play?:confused:
    I think it's time to move on and rely on the young players...:cool:

#27 ctjcad, Apr 4, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  8. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

I know, DJ/YY lost to LHJ/LKW in last year AE :D I will never forget that :D ZB is still playing with MJ, they are just splitted for temporary. Like what happened to Cai/Fu last year. In ABC, ZYW is also not paired with XZB in XD, instead, she is paired with a new youngster Chai Biao in XD :D Actually, I think that ZYW/ZTT pair is stronger than DJ/YY. :D But China has no worries in WD because it has 6 top WD pairs in the first team. LYB really has to some ways to improve the MD because he can't only rely on CY/FHF.

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^I knew you could answer it..^^

..but that quiz question was for hcpoirot to investigate (after all, his screen-name is a moniker for a well known fictional detective character)...:cool:..

So, tell me, besides KOR, which team do you think will pose any "threat" to team CHN??..

10. Tjepy

Tjepy Regular Member

trader
    who ever team to go the final with china,just can be runner up,coz China still to strong for another team,ecspecialy in woman sector,thats the problem for foreign country.

11. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

Hmm, actually all teams could also pose 'threats' to China because we cannot predict anything happen in the future. Maybe LD, CY/FHF injured in a training session? Then LD is replaced by experienced CJ or younsters like CL, WK and etc. If CY or FHF, either one get injured, then China MD boat will be sinked in the Sudirman Cup :D I know many people will say they all won't injured because they have to fight for Sudirman, but who knows? We are not the one control the fate.

Indonesia
    I think Indonesia might only have the capability to prevent China from winning the MS and MD in the mixed team event. Indonesia has Taufik, Sony in MS and MK/HS in MD. I could see Indonesia's XD performance has dropped in recent tournaments. For WS and WD, China is too strong for them. Even Maria is also not in her top form.

Denmark
    Actually I thought before Denmark might become this year runner-up. Their strongest MS is Peter Gade followed by Joachim. PG has a little influence to China MS but I could say the percentage is only 20-30% if LD is in top form and does not suffer from injury.

For WS, Tine might create an upset depends on how the Chinese WS perform. I could say Tine v Chinese WS, the chances she could win is 50-50. So, good luck to Tine. Hope she has recovered from the injury she suffered in AE final. For WD and XD, the percentage of influence is 5% and 4% respectively. Don't forget Denmark is also very strong in MD especially Boe/Mogenson who performed excellent recently.

Malaysia
    For MS, the only one who can prevent LD is LCW. For WS and WD, I am certain that Malaysia can't steal it from China. Malaysia WD, CEH/WPT has improved a lot and they progressed into the finals of a few tournaments after the OG 08 but it was because China's main players were still relaxing by that time. As long as DJ/YY, ZYW/ZTT, CS/ZYL are still in the team, I think no one can prevent China from dominating the WD. For WS, no need to say so much as I am certain China will take it.

MD is the weakest area of China. KKK/TBH and the Fuzzy pair have a chance to steal from it. For XD, Malaysia stands a 70-30 chance to win.

Hong Kong
    I think HK could only steal WS title from China. With ZM, Yippy, and WC, their chances are same with Tine, 50-50 to win over China. However, I think China won't let anyone steals their WS title. :rolleyes:

Japan
    Recent famous Japanese MS is Sho Sasaki and the youngster Kenichi Tago. Sho Shasaki is good but not as good as LD, don't think he can beat LD. After a few years, Japan's WS seems like moving backward. I have no idea what was happened to Eriko Hirose (a very famous girl that I could remember her well since 2007). Nowadays, the only Japanese WS player always caught my sight is Ai Goto :D Japan's MD is good also and for WD, if the seniors are back on court, they could create 'threats' to China in WD (Note: Create threats only, I don't think they can will over China :D) For XD, China will prevail :D

12. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Good takes..^^

..thanks for the analysis..:cool:

Couple of comments:
    INA - MS, WS and MD are up in the air. Especially looking at their recent injuries.

DEN - they could be the other team vying for a Final spot. If they do indeed reach the Final round, it all depends on the WS & XD events.
    ..so, who is in control of their fate???..hmmm:confused:[​IMG] ;)

13. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

Someone has the highest position in the world that we are unable to see 'HIM' :p

14. Chaojidan

Chaojidan Regular Member

student
    My prediction:
    China>Denmark>Korea>Malaysia>Indonesia>England>Japan>Hongkong,China

15. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    mas 70-30?:eek:are u sure????:eek:

16. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

relax, it was just a prediction ;)

17. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

Correction

Correction here, it should be Malaysia stands a 30-70 chance to win :D

18. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

this shocks me just now for a moment:p
    i thought hhb/yy or zb/mj will lost to mas xd:eek::p

19. jutawin

jutawin Regular Member

Student
    I don't know who represent mas for XD..
    it's 70-30 for mas XD, if LCW partner WMC.. hehe..

20. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

if LD partner with XXF, then is it 100-0? :D:p