P. V. Sindhu पुसर्ला वेन्कटा सिन्धु

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by cobalt, Jun 20, 2011.

1. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Nice to see you here after quite some time :). Hope everything is fine from your side. We all need your presence in this forum always.:)

2. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Ha! Thanks for the welcome, all is well here. :) The forum does not "need" my presence; I need the forum, for news, knowledge and ideas, and as a way of giving thanks to the forum, I try to contribute... ;):D

3. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Good..... :)

4. dieter_spath

dieter_spath Regular Member

[h=1][/h]Sindhu now has an opportunity to beat Lindaweni in Korea.. If she makes through, then she will probably face up with Li Xuerui. Let's see if she can beat the Olympic champ this time. I think the possibility is rather dimly considering LXR is now recovering her training. I still think the only WS player, besides WHY, can challenge LXR's dominance in WS is Saina. Sindhu still has a long long way to go. Good news is that she's still young.

5. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Sindhu is currently in 19th rank in the recently released BWF ranking list. All the very best Sindhu. You need to train hard in order to attain your dream come true.:)

6. paroxysmal

paroxysmal Regular Member

Yes
    I guess she needs 2-3 more years to reach her peak. She needs more maturity which she lacks, especially during 3 setters close games like the recent one. I assume Saina would still beat her hands down today but a couple of years later, things might be the other way.

7. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
  8. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

If they played 3 times I think Sindhu currently will win 1 out of 3 matches.
    Sindhu problem is not really skill but as you put it maturity in handling critical match situations.

9. gopalprasad

gopalprasad Regular Member

Software Architect
    Would need to see that...:) if this happens SN needs some consistency:D Skillwise Currently Sindhu has been able to make up for what she doesnt have & that should hold good for any new comer to the circuit & its her mental aspect which is clearly visible as a thing for the opposite player to attack and hence needs an immediate attention but her weak net play & footwork too have already been noticed...

Mentally strong players in the current singles crop like LD,LCW,WYH,LXR,SN can handle situations because they know they can bounce back any moment & that comes from skills... Knowledge of their own strength and oppositions weakness & using them to affect, adapting to situations are also skills right?

10. dieter_spath

Give her more time, I'd say

It's the India's only hope so far, besides SN. well, against chinese WS players

but I really want to know if she can bet SUN Yu or not? both are tall young WS players

11. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Really speaking many more youngsters are coming so quicker than i ever had imagined.. Coming up next in the line are Ruthvika Shivani, Rituparna Das. Both are Very young..They are just 15. Already trying their hands big:).

And when you talk about Sun Yu, she is much more taller than Sindhu. She is like giraffee. Hufffff.. And yeah, Sindhu had beaten Sun Yu in Asian Junior Championship before going to take the title beating Nozomi in the finals :). So, it will be a very tough battle between these two young girls will happen soon :);).

12. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

She sure is tall alright.
    292736_549415655074769_1400421465_n.jpg

13. dieter_spath

I'm sorry I never watched the matches of Ruthvika Shivani, Rituparna Das.
    Sun Yu is toooooo tall in WS badminton term. Many think she's probably more suitable to play WD.

Sindhu is a huge talented player, even LYB said she should be paid a lot attention to by the chinese national team. But I think she's still to young to challenge most of top ws players currently, but who knows what will happen some years later.

14. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one

Sindhu lost most of the matches with only less points difference in the rubber games against higher ranked players even in top 10. But won against many top 10 players as well like Sung Ji Hyun, Tai Tzu Ying, Li Xuerui (She did not get chance to meet Saina. So, no idea who will win. ).

Lost closely to Jiang Yanjio - 21-19 in the rubber
    BaeYJ - 21-19 in the rubber.
    Lindaweni - 21-18 in the rubber and so many like this.

She needs that mental strength to overcome this difficulty to come front.
    When you take Sun Yu's case, she is booming her badminton like thunder. She has improved tremendously in her game recently that she even beaten Shixian.. My god. Sweet girl. I wish both of these girls prove that their games will move ahead in the women's arena soon.

15. dieter_spath

Sindu's still improving, but it's too early to say what level she can reach. Look at Ratchanok Inthanon, [h=3]after being scrutinized by the Chinese WS squad, it's getting harder and harder for her to beat top chinese players.[/h]

To win some matches occasionally means something, but can not be seriously taken into account, considering WS players are less consistent than MS players.

She still need a lot to prove herself like SN. We've already known that SN , at least, is a better WS player than Wang Shixian, Schenck, Baun, etc. even better than WYH in some respect (better net play and body attacking). even after thoroughly studied by the chinese national team.

16. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Sindhu did excellently to take revenge of Linda in Korea Open 2013. I wish her to move ahead in this tournament as far as she can . She won it in straight games. Wonderful. It is clearly visible that she wont sit idle after losing a match to the opponent :). I wish her all the best for upcoming matches in this tournament :).

17. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Good sign, not a 3 set win or loss. Hope she goes all the way.

18. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Congratulations Sindhu.. No.16 in the world ranking which was announced in the BWF ranking list earlier today.. Do concentrate on your skills further reducing your errors.. You are prone to more errors in the rubber games.. Try to concentrate on your mind .. Keep fit.. Do well..:)

19. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

I agree with your assessment. She is very nervous under crunch situations else she would have broken the number 10 barrier by now.