badminton warehouse

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by azndog50, Jul 11, 2008.

1. azndog50

azndog50 New Member

Banker
    Hello everybody, recently I went to visit the www.badmintonwarehouse.com, there is yonex shoes and racquet I like. I want to know if it is real thing they are selling or fake ones that are sell on ebay?:confused:

2. azndog50

azndog50 New Member

Banker
    Stores in USA?

Can someone let me know in Orange County California, are there any badminton stores that sell things in reasonable price or www.badmintonwarehouse.com is the only option? :mad:

3. Tsumaranai

Tsumaranai Regular Member

Student
    Why limit yourself to that place? Their prices are hardly competitive. If you can buy online, I wouldn't restrict myself to stores within the U.S., unless you're that concerned about a warranty being available. I'd rather shop from www.badmintonalley.com.

4. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    You might as well consider buying from other online shops.

5. azndog50

azndog50 New Member

Banker
    thanks for the info

I have compare the prices of between ther website, the one you provided is cheaper than www.badmintonwarehouse.com thanks for the precious info.:D

6. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member

BEWARE of FAKE Rackets

BADmintonwarehouse: Before selling they communicate very well. Sold fake racket, which cost more than $100. The racket broke after 3 hrs of play just after 3 days of purchase. seller refused to reply to my email and phone. I purchased more 20 rackets from other other shops and even from other countries. Never experienced a seller like this.

#6 sxg2009, Mar 1, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  7. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

First post with my new account! Been reading these forums for a few years now, but never made an account until now.. anyhow..

I talked with the Victor USA distributor, who confirmed that Badminton Warehouse is not an authorized dealer as they claim on their website. He even showed me an email from someone else who had complained about a purchase from BW. Their Victor products will all most likely be fake. Remember the saying, "If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is."

8. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member

thanks for looking into this matter. these kind of seller should be fined for their false claim.

9. BlueTornado

To any who might be interested in the post/store, especially you sxg2009 -

I emailed Victor Germany (Victor International) and they stated that Badminton Warehouse was an authorized retailer for their products.

Two questions about this come to mind?

-How/why is a US store distributing the European line?
    -Why is the racket that sxg2009 very suspicious of being a fake, if Badminton Warehouse is supposedly genuine?

I don't understand.. will post more when I hear some more back from Victor International.

10. indrg

indrg Regular Member

I also bought BS 9 from Racket Supply on Christmas eve last year. The racket is genuine. I thought I saved a bunch because the authorized US Victor store here in Bay Area, USA is Racket Supply and BS 9 costs $180 not including tax.

It is genuine racket but it is for European market. The grip size is bigger. I recently talked to Racket Supply and they confirmed Badminton Warehouse's Victor is unlike the US version of Victor and virtually no warranty is given. Racket Supply, the Authorized Victor store in bay area, compared theirs as genuine victor for US market coming directly from Taiwan. The Warehouse's version is still victors' genuine but it's not up to par in term of quality -- like Sunrise version of Yonex in Asia vs. Yonex from Japan.

11. BlueTornado

Do you mean Badminton Warehouse here?

Just to sum up for anyone who is interested in this store, buying a Victor racket from Badminton Warehouse is essentially like buying a Yonex racket from outside the United States. You might get it at a cheaper price, but you won't get the warranty with Yonex USA since it will have a DE cone code instead of US code. This is because Badminton Warehouse sources their Victor stuff from Victor-International, the German distributor of Victor products. And, as indrg said, the quality might not be as good. Nice analogy to Sunrise, though if I understand you correctly, you're slightly off -- the Sunrise stuff still comes from the same locations as the EX or JP versions.

That still doesn't explain the fake Spira 21 that sxg2009 got from Badminton Warehouse though... :confused: I asked a Victor-International rep for a product picture of the Spira 21 just to see if the German model lacked the orange circle next to the words "Aerodynamic Frame" or whatever the words were, on the frame. However, the German version doesn't seem to have any discernible aesthetic differences between other versions. So why'd he get a fake, then?

12. diverdan

diverdan Regular Member

graduate
    I don't think there is any difference in quality with rackets from Europe. I have had FR, UK, etc rackets and they are all the same quality just with a different country code stamped on it for warranty purposes. I think it is a myth introduced by distributers to scare people off from buying from other countries.

13. mallulover

mallulover Regular Member

I don't think this is true. There are differences in specs. On a racket like Victor Brave Sword 12, European spec says 94grams while North American spec says 85-89grams for 3U. In addition, the grip size is larger in Europe.

14. diverdan

diverdan Regular Member

graduate
    I was talking about quality and not specs.

15. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

That's because they are measured strung, they come "factory" strung. They are also sold for a lot more than in Asia, only reason it is cheaper in the US is because they don't have to charge ~20% sales tax ...

16. amleto

amleto Regular Member

excuse me bluetornado & indrg. I don't think it is fair or correct to say that US gets a superior quality product to that given to Europeans!

17. BlueTornado

In my experience with Victor Braveswords, the US- (and TW-) coded ones were slightly better than the DE-coded ones, which had a very strange feel and odd balance to them. It's certainly a possibility that I could have just gotten a couple of bad batch rackets (although they were purchased several months apart, and were different models too).

Have you actually compared a US Bravesword to a DE Bravesword and had findings contrary to mine? Or are you just indignant because you thought I was saying that the rackets you've been playing with are worse? If you thought that I was talking about all rackets or products in general, then of course not, that's ridiculous - I don't think that the badminton companies would simply sell superior product to the US over Europe arbitrarily.

18. takuto_rad

takuto_rad New Member

Sorry to bump this forum, but I recently purchased a BS12 from badmintonwarehouse before I found out about these forums. My friend from California said he had a genuine racket from this seller but after reading these posts I feel very worried about my purchase. Should I try to cancel my order, or is there anything I can try to do after the shipment arrives? Thanks in advance >.<

19. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    I'd try to cancel my order. If they don't want to do it or cant, contact your credit card company and either tell them you never received it or that the product is counterfeit.

20. takuto_rad

takuto_rad New Member

Is badmintonwarehouse guaranteed to give you a conterfeit product? Because the shipment hasn't arrived I feel like I'm being extra paranoid, sorry for all the questions. considering that I know someone got a product that isn't counterfeit, how would I prove to my credit card company that it is counterfeit? Someone above posted that they found out this particular seller isn't a verified Victor seller, is there a way I could show this to my card company? I've been looking at the Terms and conditions of the seller and there is no return policy so even so what could the credit card company do? Again sorry for all the questions...