Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Attn BAM: I just found the psych coach for LCW!

ATTN BAM!!!

I have just found the perfect candidate for mental/psychological toughness training for Lee Chong Wei. Now he will be unbeatable, and unstoppable, and will sweep everyone in front of him!! :D:D:D

Please read:
    http://ca.news.yahoo.com/woman-beats-tiger-away-soup-ladle-save-wounded-20110213-191953-860.html

By The Associated Press | The Canadian Press – Sun, 13 Feb 10:53 PM EST

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - A woman in a jungle region of northern Malaysia rescued her husband from a tiger attack by clubbing the beast on its head with a large wooden soup ladle and chasing it away, police said Monday.

The tiger pounced on Tambun Gediu while he was hunting squirrels Saturday near his home in a jungle settlement of the Jahai tribe, a police official in Malaysia's Perak state said on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to make public statements.

Tambun's 55-year-old wife, Han Besau, rushed out when she heard his screams and struck the tiger on its head with a kitchen ladle, causing it to flee immediately, the official said.

Tambun was receiving treatment at a hospital for lacerations on his face and legs. He told Malaysian media that he first tried to escape by climbing a tree, but the tiger dragged him down.

"I was terrified and I used all my strength to punch the animal in the face, but it would not budge," the New Straits Times newspaper quoted him as saying. "I had to wrestle with it to keep its jaws away from me, and it would have clawed me to death if my wife had not arrived."

Shabrina Shariff, the state's wildlife department director, told The Star daily that wildlife rangers planned to track down the tiger and chase it deeper into the jungle, where there were no human inhabitants.

2. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

I watched the replay of Korea SS MS final... LCW is really closing the gap with LD... and if LCW doesn't get cold feet in big tourneys, I think he has a good chance to turn the table against LD.... Let's hope he will win the elusive WC and defend his AE title... boleh?

3. visor

visor Regular Member

Having watched it twice myself, I feel the same way. LCW should have won it had he not lost concentration at 16 all in the rubber after having been chided by the umpire for taking an unauthorized towel break. He subsequently went on to give away 5 easy unforced errors to LD!

However, LD in that tournament didn't look up to his usual self, on the final and the games against Taufik and Simon.

4. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    To post 5222 & 5223,

I suppose we are all watching the same video clips :D

5. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    friend
    u need to search in the dictionary to understand what is psychologist
    lol

6. ieim_17

ieim_17 Regular Member

Student
    True haha:D

if that woman capable of something, certainly not as psychologist, but she can replace LCW to beat LD, with her kitchen ladle:p

7. visor

visor Regular Member

All this talk about psychologists, I don't think psychological counseling is going to help LCW to win over LD.

IMO, I believe the personality and psychogical makeup of a person is inborn and can't be changed much. In terms of being more aggressive, ability to perform under pressure, mental strength and stamina, etc. All these things that are evident in LD but just slightly lacking in LCW, sorry to say.

8. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Since TC10, LD has not been playing much. The question is 'Is LD playing his best badminton in KO11'. OLY12 is still a long way to go, as the days get closer, we can gauge better LD's form. With the revised WR, where LD has to play at least 10 SS, we shall see if the gap really is narrowing.

9. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    I did not mean to recruit the lady as a "psychologist." That is a complete waste. But as a sergeant; someone who by example, can instill and drill courage, fearlessness and single-minded determination to protect what is yours, allied with cunning and ruthlessness.

LCW can IMO learn a few things from that single episode.

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    there is something that psychology can change
    but it is hard to explain
    if psychology cant change anything,this course wont exist in university and college
    hehe

11. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    something off topic if we mention psychology,

Saddam, hitler ... are some good psychologists,

just look at those people below them ... :D

Lol.. they are good in changing people ..

12. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    tried hypnotism? bomoh..wakaka... ;)

Put the old lady infront of lcw and he will retreat like a mouse... haha. ;)

13. miksss

miksss Regular Member

LCW will play at INA Super League..join SGS Elektrik club..Nice..!:D will be at the same club with his friends, TH.

14. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    I am glad that BAM is giving LCW more freedom now

I am glad that BAM is giving LCW more freedom now.

Well Done BAM !!! :):):)

15. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
  16. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Indonesian stint for Lee

http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/39muruindons/Article

LEE Chong Wei will join forces with friend and rival Taufik Hidayat at the SGS PLN Bandung club when he competes in the Indonesian Badminton Super League in Surabaya on Feb 20-26.

However, Chong Wei will only play on the last two days of the league since he will be defending his National Grand Prix title in Kuala Terengganu between tomorrow and Monday.

BA of Malaysia (BAM) general manager Kenny Goh confirmed Chong Wei's entry for the league and said the shuttler has been seeking permission for the last two weeks after being invited by Taufik.

"Chong Wei will be competing in the Indonesian Super League after the National GP Finals. Chong Wei said he wanted to help Taufik and his club to win the league," said Goh.

"He has promised that his training will not be affected as he will only play two matches."

Taufik had mentioned two weeks ago that SGS Bandung had tried to lure Chong Wei and China's Lin Dan but were unable to secure their services.

However, Taufik's good relationship with Chong Wei not only attracted the World No 1 but will now also make SGS Bandung favourites in the men's team championship.

Bandung's other notable players are Tommy Sugiarto and Alamsyah Yunus in the singles while Flandy Limpele-Hendra Gunawan and Singapore's Hendra Wijaya-Chaiyut Triyachart will boost the doubles.

Two other Malaysians -- Hafiz Hashim and Wong Choong Hann -- will play for Musica Champions Kudus coached by former world champion Haryanto Arbi.

Defending champions Jayaraya Suryanaga Surabaya, who won the inaugural league in 2007, are among the title contenders while Djarum Kudus, Tangkas Alfamart Jakarta, Jaya Raya Jakarta and Mutiara Bandung are the other clubs vying for the title.

Chong Wei's involvement in the Indonesia Super League makes him the only top class player who will be competing in two professional leagues abroad. He is also also down to play in the China League for Guangzhou after next month's All England. Doubles player Koo Kien Keat will be the first to see action in the China league as he will represent Guangzhou when the league begins today.

Kien Keat and Tan Boon Heong were supposed to play for Guangzhou but the latter qualified for the National Grand Prix Finals with Hoon Thien How.

The China league is lucrative as players are expected to earn as much as RM50,000 per match with foreign players or pairs expected to play up to four matches throughout the league.

17. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    wow RM50k... this is gonna make more junior train harder?

18. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    This is gonna make more junior train harder

Yes, sooner or later, the junior players will replace their seniors.

But talking about earning RM50K per match, only the top players in the world can get this opportunity.

19. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
  20. amleto

amleto Regular Member

want to give brief translation?