Hoon Thien How @ Ah How ( 雲天豪 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by danielwong, May 26, 2011.

1. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Can we appoint you to ask Ah How the next time you meet him since you're his fan?:D
    Funny thing is they're under the same coaches as Ah Tan, Lufti, Vountus but Ah Tan & gang manage to maintain skinny look. Maybe they should go thru KKK's "lose 5 kg in 2 months" prog :p:p

2. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    see,they will go for 2012 og
    no worry
    horray!
    malaysia boleh!

3. Letupan

Letupan Regular Member

Despite all their appearance, even the commentator and I myself are shocked at how they are able to play the way they do despite their size. Espeacially Mr Ah How :) the way when he jump smash suddenly and at such a height it looks impossible that he can jump so high (until calves curl up so high) as good or better than other slim players. It must be very intimidating for the other side.

Also Mr Ah Hows smash is rated as the fastest smash in the championship thus far at 280+ Km/h.:eek::eek:

Maybe its true, they are best heavy weight / overweight doubles players in the world :D

:confused: How come only people start critisizing them now only after they loose?

#143 Letupan, Aug 11, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  4. victory

victory Regular Member

How/zakry is not the first Malaysian pair that have this overweight issue. Choong tan fook/ lee wan wah have this issue some time ago. BAM needs to tighten their training program and DIET. If they want to get slim fast, they also need specialized weight control program.

I am not talking about those London weight management/Marrie france body wrapping kind of thing. They need high quality scientific proven program.

Honestly, I also impressed with How's movement and smashes, despite his overweight problem. But if he can shed , say another 8kg, he can be LCW in double. Imagine when he can be as fast as LCW..........:)

5. Letupan

Letupan Regular Member

Yes that was what was so shocking his motions and smashes are like textbook examples, jump smash also like LCW, but by someone twice his width. Amazing .

What to do, makan in Malaysia too boleh :) You all going to exile them to a training stint in a foreign country?

6. visor

visor Regular Member

Yes, but the problem is Ah How can only do perhaps a handful of those per game, whereas LCW can do that 10x that per game! :p

7. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

They are certainly not fit enough to become a MD pair:(... sadly..

8. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    Friday August 12, 2011
    Rexy to retain the disappointing Zakry-Thien How partnership
    NST

MOHD Zakry Abdul Latif and Hoon Thien How will continue playing as pair, for now.

National coach Rexy Mainaky feels that he can still push them to qualify for next year’s Olympic Games alhtough the duo fell short of expectations at the World Championships.
    On Tuesday, the duo blew a good chance to come good when they went down 24-26, 19-21 to 10th seeds Fang Chieh-min-Lee Sheng-mu of Taiwan. In the absence of Markis Kido-Hendra Setiawan in their quarter, the Malaysians had a chance to go far.
    “Yes, I was disappointed with the way we the lost.
    “There were mistakes which should not have happened. They just did not want it as much as the coach, I guess,” said Rexy.
    “But I have spoken to them and I know they want to make amends. They are comfortable with each other and I have decided to keep them together.
    “Their next mission is to qualify for the Olympic Games. We will continue to send them to international tournaments to win good qualifying points.”
    There was a plan prior to the world meet to team up Thien Hoon with one of the back-up players under Tan Kim Her’s guidance

9. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    poor Rexy, can really sense his disappointment and frustration in that one sentence.

10. sekut

sekut Regular Member

hope Rexy will be more strict with them
    ouchhhhhhhhhhhhh

11. smashwide

smashwide Regular Member

Busybody
    HTH/Zakry played averagely so far. We should sent juniors like Tan Wee Kiong, Mak Hee Chun as they are good pair.
    Or Goh Wei Shem and Lim Khim Wah. Any of this pair can beat HTH and Zakry easily and their results is anytime better than
    HTH/Zakry. Is time to expose them..

12. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

unfortunately they may face unexpected injuries in future just like what happend to other juniors Teo Kok Siang, Chooi Kah Ming, etc... or else their regular partners as pair would have breakthoughs an being produced more best MAS double pairs...

13. Voltric

Voltric Regular Member

Frankly speaking if you're that fat you shouldn't be in the World Championships. Ah How seriously needs to lose weight. I don't know how they do physical conditioning at BAM but this is becoming a joke.

14. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    What is the logic is this?:confused:

15. Voltric

Voltric Regular Member

The logic here is that he couldn't normally execute some shots expected from a top doubles pair because he was hampered by his physique. Hardly any angled, cross court smashes because he couldn't turn his body fast enough; arriving way too late to recover a net shot, thus giving the initiative to the opponent; relying on straight, base line smashes that is easily recovered by the opponent; etc. If they're planning to move up the rankings they need to mix up their game some more.

Maybe it would be good to ask his coaches and How himself to see if he is satisfied with his current physique and if there is any room for improvement. :)

#155 Voltric, Aug 12, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  16. visor

visor Regular Member

...........There were no queries about their ...ummm, to put it lightly, physical conditioning? :p. ... Seriously, they might have won 1 or 2 matches in this tourney but in order to make it further to QF or SF they have to be fitter.... I mean, can you imagine if MAS sent them in their current form into OG 2012 to represent MAS? The world would see how unfit MAS athletes are! :eek:

17. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

The problem with these pairs are that some of them are more interested in their own interest. Take Mak and Tan for example, they quarreled and didn't even try to resolve their misunderstanding despite given several chances.

Chooi Kah Ming and Teo Kok Siang are injured, I doubt their quality should they ever come back.

In my opinion, the more decent juniors are Tan Wee Kiong, Ow Yao Han, Goh Wei Shem and Lim Khim Wah. Mak Hee Chun and Teo Kok Siang was okay-okay, while Chooi is a level below. Yew Hong Kheng is even worse.

18. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    So what, at least the world knows:
    1. MAS players are well fed,
    2. BAM treat players well at least when it comes to eating,
    3. Malaysian food is sooooo yummy good and
    4. MAS players enjoy eating except for that scrawny chap who happens to be WR1.
    5. MAS players may cut back on tough training but when it comes to eating there is no mercy
    LOL:D:p

19. Voltric

Voltric Regular Member

BAM needs to reveal the proportion of the budget allocated to food. And out of that proportion, how much is actually allocated to Ah How. :)

20. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Buffet.....all you can pack it in:p:D