Lee Chong Wei vs Lin Dan at WC 2011

Discussion in 'World Championships 2011' started by george@chongwei, Aug 12, 2011.

?

Who will be the Men's Single Champion for 2011?

1. Lee Chong Wei

100.0%
  2. Lin Dan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Chayady

Chayady Regular Member

Either his or malaysia fate not to win world championship.He need to have more confidence to win big match.

2. amaze

amaze Regular Member

My heart goes out to Chong Wei. Should have made Lin Dan move more. Hopefully he can rise to the occasion during OLY 2012.

3. xsakurax

xsakurax Regular Member

Lin Dan with his robot dance.Who said that he does not care about winning the WC.I guess LCW will find it hard to win when he faces Lin Dan.He needs to be more confidence of himself.:crying:Anyway congrats to LCW for trying his best.Close yet so far:crying::crying:

4. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    LCW would need an N90... slightly more oomph in the smash and it would have been a gold..

5. kenny7_2006

kenny7_2006 Regular Member

Working student...
    it was very, very close, Chong Wei was so close to winning it... I think he did everything right, he played his heart out, I can feel his dejection after losing, it's like "What can I do to beat him?" kinda reaction... I wouldn't fault him, I think he did his best, mentally, OK still a little but much better than before... now he can run very close... sometimes the luck just doesn't go your way... what a match... sad, but OK, there's a next time...

6. MilGauss

MilGauss Regular Member

In AE, V80 prove worthy of its hype, today N90 speaks volumes at the WC.;) But enough said, it still boils down to the player, no question.:cool: Btw, since I haven't tried an N90, might be tempted now, except for the thought, would it break my (right) arm and shoulder?:D

7. zerosum88

zerosum88 Regular Member

but why it always go one way?

8. zerosum88

zerosum88 Regular Member

May be because he is playing against LD?

9. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    You mean lcw never beat Lin Dan on a close game? Or you never watch tonight's game?

10. zerosum88

zerosum88 Regular Member

I am Chinese, but I feel so sorry for LCW. LCW deserves a lot more world titles. I like his personality as well.

That said, LD is the GOAT. No doubt in my mind. BTW, I don't hate LD's personanlity, and he is getting much better now. What I don't like is China's coach Li Yongbo's attutude.

11. engkh1

engkh1 Regular Member

clerk
    if lcw still unable to beat ld with this kind of form, i doubt he will ever will......

12. zerosum88

zerosum88 Regular Member

No, LCW never beat LD in close games. LCW did win few games against LD, but never in close games. The star shines when it really counts, WHEN THE PRESSURE IS ON. Please watch some historical games between LD and LCWW.

13. zerosum88

zerosum88 Regular Member

Oh, if LCW could win some close games against LD, LCW would have lot more world titles. Yes, today's game was a close game. Did you watch it? The South Korea open early this year was also close game between LD and LCW as well. Did LCW win the final? That's why so many times LD walked home with the trophy but LCW finished with the 2nd. So far, LCW is still the 2nd best player in the world.

14. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    lcw have beaten Lin Dan and it was never a close game? Malaysian open 2006 Lcw beat Lin Dan rubber game, from 14-20 to 22-20 you call that not a close game?

15. damondemon

damondemon Regular Member

men of the world
    LCW to win if all xcuses not used. Malaysia best player LCW, worlds best best playerr...LD???

16. damondemon

damondemon Regular Member

men of the world
    KKK always say training not good enough? He big headed now, training not fully committed. Problem not the coach, its the player!
    LCW, well done, 2nd is goood, country recognise 2nd hahaha

17. badders2006

badders2006 Regular Member

feel bad to lCW

he deserved this world title - but somehow, LD "stole" it from himi feel.

instead, this match further underlined LD's greatness - to always be behind in the score, to be the less fit player, to be the underdog, to save 2 MPs, yet still find a way to overcome the BEAST that is LCW.

epic final that did not disappoint!!!

18. SixSeven

SixSeven Regular Member

Lin Dan is not as great as he used to be any more. I think what made Lin Dan different from the other players (besides his attacking ability) was that he just doesn't make unforced errors. But now he makes many more errors than when he was in his top form years back.

19. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Lee Chong Wei - Another Opportunity Missed.

it is kinda sad.

the first time i saw LCW play was in 2004 when i watching Singapore Open live in SIS in Singapore. i saw LCW play only feet away from his court and i already recognize that he is going to be someone special. he stands out among his peers being a very hard worker. plays hard, plays well, play fast, with excellent physique as well as technique and talent.

moving forward 7 years, he has missed WC and Olympics many times but did managed to bag a lot of smaller titles.

i have been telling everyone, Malaysian or not, that this year is the only year for the immediate future that MAS mgiht be able to get a WC title. LCW may or may not stay after 2012. and there is no one else going to replace him for a while. look at it, MAS still fielding WCH. WCH's peer have all since retired and gone onto other things, and MAS still fielding this old man. there is no one who can take LCW's place with success.

and there is no reason to believe that he cannot take it. i have voted, PAWed and predicted LCW to win. he has been playing the best game of badminton for pretty much the whole year, dominating almost every match that he played. expectation are high, yes, but it is not unreasonably so like previous years. there are clear realistic high chance that he will take it. for him to win a wc that deep down i believe that he truely deserves.

but reality is often cruel. a tight match to the 3rd game and losing 21-23. just a lapse of focus, confidence, determination, or whatever we want to say.

fact is that, this is one great opportunity for LCW to prove to the world that he truely deserves it. but yet again, he has lived to the stigma of his fellow countrymen: not able to deliver in the big stage. this is sad. truely sad.

20. laonong

laonong Regular Member

nobody like lyb. But he wins most of the time.