Thomas & Uber Cups Preliminaries Asia Zone 2008: Day 6 Final

Discussion in 'Thomas / Uber Cup Prelim 2008' started by bidapower, Feb 23, 2008.

1. amaze

amaze Regular Member

I highly suspect Kien Kiat needs to shed a few pounds. He was uncharacteristically slow today and tend to fight over shots that naturally should be taken by Boon Heong.

I thought Boon Heong played ok today, as compared to yesterday, but Kien Kiat was below his par.

2. leonardklh

leonardklh Regular Member

student
    i think that mr tan boon heong need to regain his confidence like what he did it last year

3. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    That TBH didn't play that well is one thing, even the understanding and rotation between the two is affected. A few times, both almost collided going for the same shot, and that included TBH gifting Park the matchpoint with loose clear.

Zakry actually played decent, but Fairuz spoiled things with either too many net errors or not holding his racquet ready for the next shot.

Park used his height to good use, a lot of difficult angles confused the MAS pair. Long time since I saw a player with glasses, last one was Dominic Soong in the 70s.

4. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I have always thought that Zakry is always the more stable of the two. Fuzzy ALWAYS has the tendency to make netting errors (like Lee Hyo Jung :eek:). Maybe he should be moved to the back eh?

5. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Fairuz has the mental strength of a mosquito. Thats why. :cool:

6. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    The cutest member of the Korean team for me is undoubtedly, Hwang Hye Youn. I love it when I watch Hwang spar with Hirose. Last time I saw that, Hirose won.

7. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    You obviously have not seen some of the mosquitoes I've encountered. They never give up.

8. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Fairuz will make a perfect couple with Lee Hyo Jung....both are prone to making netting errors :rolleyes:

9. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    When he gives away an easy point, he thinks about all the criticisms that will be levelled at him when he loses. That's his weakness. He should forget about everything. The mind should be clear of the past and the future. Live for the present.

10. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Lol... u got me there. Smaller than mosquitoes perhaps? :p

11. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I think it's part of the learning curve for Koo/Tan, esp Tan. Tan must get over those defeat as they are simply part of the games...u win some, u lose some. There's no need to be overly affected by a particular loss.

12. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Hwang looks much fitter and stronger than the last i saw her play, in AG06 i think. The jap girl was like playing against the wall today. I see bright future in the korean girl.

13. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Errrr Fuzzy used to be the back guy, being taller than Zakry. Wasnt much effective there, so now Zakry become the aggressive guy. Actually Fuzzy was quite good at the net if he's not nervous, if not how they win over Fu/Cai in China Open.

Easy for us to say, TBH is one who have to bear all the pressure & criticism. Look at what happened to LCW... After like 3 to 4 years as Msia no 1, only he can get used to the pressure. KKK kind of confidence is rare for Msia young players. The oldies, CTF/LWW still get nervous, after all these years..

Anyway, hope the resident sports psychologist can do TBH some good

14. spchu

spchu Regular Member

If u see KKK and TBH, u wont believe they used to be no 1, much less no 3 now. they seem so amateurish, No coordination.....sad game...

15. d65up2

d65up2 Regular Member

Student
    Why is Park SUng Hwan playing in doubles and Lee yong Dae in singles....I was laughing...but Park SUng Hwan managed to beat Fairuz eh

16. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

haizz..dunno y kkk/tbh lose dy....

17. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

actually i expect a whitewash from team MALAYSIA.

18. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    In a way, Korea didn't take the Final seriously so Malaysia should also have taken it likely even though with the loss of the MDs. The outcomes really didn't mean anything so it hard to judge the true potential for those players involved. Malaysia MDs certainly came out as losers but is not totally a bad thing, I always think Rexy should let his players exposed to more tournaments instead of stay home and prepare for the big one, nothing can replace experience from real tournament, nothing can simulate how your opponent can exploit players' weakness. So instead of staying home and train and hide your weakness, I rather our players go our and play and fix the problems as it comes along.
    Don't forget, we judge the success basically on one tournament, the Olympic so put the players out there and see what problem we have and fix it before the Olympic else will be another 4 longer years to mourn.

19. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    I logged in just to check the scores, and what a suprise I got!

Lee Yong Dae playing singles?

Park Sung Hwan playing doubles?

and PARK WINS???

Malaysia, buck up!

20. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    I think Koo and Tan are losing on purpose so that they go into the thomas cup finals as underdogs :) :) :)

So they don't have any pressure, and so that other pairs dismiss them :D :D :D ...