Victor fans club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Yoppy, May 2, 2011.

1. axl886

axl886 Regular Member

Both of them are 3U2G.

I was (am still) using a VT70 BG66UM @23lbs, but bought that not too long ago... 1 month+ back.

Actually, I think it might boil down to a confluence of factors which led to my experience (extra long session + continous play + muscle atrophy :p); on afterthought, maybe I could have stuck with it. But personally I think I'll enjoy playing more with med-stiff racquets for now. Stiff racquets can always come later when I've improved my physique and technique. So there! :D

2. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Hm. Afaik the MX70 is not stiff - so perhaps it was just the string? The MX70 should be somewhat stiffer than the BS09 and VT70, but not even close to the MX80/SW35...

3. axl886

axl886 Regular Member

It's not the racquet... it's the player!

Not putting down the MX70 in any way, pls dun misunderstand. :p

Which is why it's so important to do *adequate* research and ideally, test out the racquet before committing, as everybody's limits and preferences differs.

4. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Yeah, I didn't think you were criticizing the racket, no worries. I just thought the MX70 and SW37 would be roughly the same in terms of stiffness....and believe me, very few have researched and tested more rackets than I have (in a similar time frame, at least) :D

5. JukUx

JukUx Regular Member

I don't think MX70 and SW37 are on the same flex level. I own a SW37 and its quite flexible and I tried out the MX70 and its not as flexible as I thought it would be. Was really disappointed, I wish the MX70 was as flex as bs09 or SW37. I think its just a tad stiffer then the SW37, maybe on par with the arc10 IMO.

6. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    I've come to a bit of a revelation this week. On Tuesday night at competition, I used my new Kason C7 for most of the night and only changed back to the MX80 for the mixed doubles. What I love about the MX80 is its razor accuracy, speed, and prowess with drives. It also packs a really good punch considering its speed. The downside I realised after playing with the stiffer and heavier Kason, is that the MX transmits everything to your shoulder. You'd think the Kason would be quite tiring, but it just wasn't. It was slower, but I attribute this to the fact that I'm not that strong and the 5mm difference in BP makes a very noticeable difference. I'm going to play again for an entire session with my C7 to see how my shoulder fares without playing with the MX80 at all, so we'll see how that goes.

Does anyone else feel the same way, or am I just soft?

7. ssgg007

ssgg007 Regular Member

Maklike
    are you using the same string and tenison on both your rackets?

8. ssgg007

ssgg007 Regular Member

or maybe you just became a kason man

9. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Not really, I still play much better with the MX80. I just really noticed how well damped the C7 is. I have had my MX strung the same as the C7 but now I have it with ZM67, and my spare with BG80P. The C7 is with VS850 @ 24lbs.

10. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

hmmm the c7 is stiffer than MX80? wow, this should make you more tired especially with the heavier head.

maybe its not the racket, just the way you play. doubles usually has more smashes and faster exhanges than singles and you're more tired since mixed is after the first session. Did you play singles or Men's D?

so could you do compare review MX80 vs C7 in another thread? :D

11. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    I think I did a write up in the C7 thread.

12. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    I'm presently playing with a f9, c7 and a mx80 (all 3u versions). imho I would rate the stiffness as mx80>f9>c7

13. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I also heard the C7 is rather close to the N70 - which was medium, bordering on soft. And I'm fairly sure it's not stiffer than the MX80, which is the stiffest racket I own (stiffer than any LN for sure). I guess the softer C7 was easy on your arm, after which the MX was a bit hard as a harder shaft will convey more of the impact shock. Additionally, I also get slight shoulder/back problems at times when I play with lighter/faster rackets because to get a good smash, I really have to put nearly everything behind it. That results in a very quick motion, and stopping that motion gets very tiring and can cause pain in the concerned muscles.

14. radmaszeal

radmaszeal Regular Member

engineer
    just got an sw36. easy racket to play with, clears effortless, decent damping, good defense, decent power. not sure if its all the racket or if its the vs 850 string. will try vs 850 on other rackets to see if i prefer it over bgg66um/bg66/nbg98

15. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    victor malaysia just update me sw37 and other victor rackets is inside contenna, already ship out from taiwan ETA early december.

16. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Yeah you're right Jackie, the MX is stiffer than the C7 in every respect, but I wouldn't call the C7 'soft' unless you're discussing the rackets feel. None of which discount what I think is a lack of damping with the MX80 though.

17. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    yeah..i agree with you... when i used headheavy and stiffer racket i will get shoulder pain... but when i used headlight racket i will getback pain..

18. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

I'm a happy owner of the SW37 (4U). But actually I don't have a badminton partner for the next weeks :(
    But the first impressions in a tournament (played with plastic shuttlecocks) were quite impressive.

I think it could be my new Nr.1 racket :)

But the shaft is noticable longer than the shaft of Arc10!

19. ssgg007

ssgg007 Regular Member

good to hear you are enjoying your new sw37. :)

btw whats the wet weight and bp of your sw37 4u?

20. racquetattack

racquetattack Regular Member

web sales
    I am a new Victor dealer located in N.W Ontario. For the last three years my customers have been asking why i have not been selling the Victor brand. Well i tell you now that since i started carrying Victor i am sorry i did not start earlier. They have a fantastic range of products for all level of players from beginner to expert. Just tried the Spira 22, BS11, and Meteor x80 last night all with 850 string, and i believe they are all world class frames. www.racquetattack.com P.S i ahve been sending alot of frames to western Canada.