Li Xuerui ( 李雪芮 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by cobalt, Nov 4, 2011.

1. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

this girl is amazing! :D

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Is Li Xuerui the top SS performer in WS this year, having won 5 of them,viz. All-England PSS, India Open SS, CHN Open PSS, HK Open SS, and the SuperSeries Finals ?

If you include the German GPG where she beat Juliane Schenk in the final, the Asia Badminton Championship with a strong lineup where she overcame Wang Yihan in the final, and the London Olympics, of course - that's a total of 8 titles this year. Marvellous isn't it, for someone who came from nowhere to take Olympic Gold ?!

May next year be another bumper harvest for her.

3. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    LXR is really amazing. She has tranformed herself from a princess to the queen of badminton in one year at age of 21. She is new world No.1 this week. She is such a complete player without weakness like Lin Dan in Men single. She is one class above the rest. If she can cut down her unforce errors, she can beat a good quality opponent under 10 . She is very smart and is able to adjust the strategy during the games. Her level of games will go up another level next year and I think she will be a dominant force in WS for at least for 6-7 years.

4. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    I like how she behaves on court - very calm, not get too emotional, never scream out loud when winning a point, always smile, look at the coaches and pay attention to what they say. She looks very humble and with a very nice personality.

5. dieter_spath

dieter_spath Regular Member

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Thanks for the link.

Can't resist posting some of the pics here:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. zhuangcorp

zhuangcorp Regular Member

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Aiya, the pics are for Baidu subscribers only. Moderator, I'm afraid you shall have to delete post #586 and this one. Sorry.

9. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

and let's just hope that she will stay with this attitude longer, no matter what big things she will achieve later. because i think Lin Dan was pretty nice too in his younger days, before he then known as Mr. Arrogant. :D

10. dieter_spath

6d1ad603918fa0ec74bbd5df269759ee3c6ddb2a.jpg

I like this one most! LXR and WSX are good friends!

11. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

picture above, after or before the match?

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

You call it arrogance? How can that be when Lin Dan has never bragged about his capabilities and belittled any of his opponents. Even before the London Olympics, in one of his interviews,he had said his main rival wasn't only Lee CW,not only his compatriots Chen Long or Chen Jin, but could also be any of the unknown opponents because he was unfamiliar with them citing Chen Long's defeat in the first round of the world championship to Kevin Cordon as an example.

Don't judge a book by its cover. Such a filial son and grandson (remember the cross tattoo on his left arm dedicated to his grandma so as to feel her presence wherever he went), and now a dutiful husband who is willing to bring along their old folks on his honeymoon; his unselfish sharing of his knowledge and experience in giving pointers to his fellow teammates such as Wang Xin, for example - you call that arrogance?

Chen Long describes it better saying Lin Dan's on court presence is one of imposing,commanding air which I attribute to his supreme self-confidence, inner self-belief and self-mastery. At most I'd say he looks 'arrogant' but he isn't nor does he behave like one. Don't tell me you mistake his wild ecstatic celebration after a great victory as in the World Championship 2011 and the London Olympics as one of arrogance?

On the contrary, I would say he is more steady,tactful and mature now as shown in the way he handles interviews,meets the fans and engages in media activities, unlike 4,5 years ago (remember the incident with Li Mao?) He is very much his own man and true to himself, neither arrogant nor brainless in being easily influenced by others, only doing things that he agrees with; open and forthright, also someone who wears his heart on his sleeve.

The same reasoning applies to those who call him a 'gangster' whether facetiously or not. Friend, just expressing my personal opinion of him based on my observations and judgment, see :):):):D:D:D !

For those who understand Mandarin, it might be a good idea to read his autobiography titled "Till The End of The World" (perhaps a better translation might be " To The Edge of The World"). To be honest, I haven't obtained a copy yet but was fortunate to come across a long excerpt and citations here and there published online.

Coming back to LXR. Her all-conquering,winning ways - as of today she is world no.1 in BWF ranking - has become the talk of the badminton world. As she sweeps all before her and continues winning title after title, she will begin to exhibit the same air of self-confidence, self-belief, the same imposing,commanding,imperious look on court - when that day comes, soon it seems, I hope no-one here would mistaken it for arrogance. Just simply let her consummate skills and masterly performances delight us time and time again.

13. dieter_spath

of course, after the match

14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I like your interpretation. Yes,they are still friends, simple as that. Why else would they do that in full view of others? Even if one is putting on a show,the other can refuse to reciprocate or accept, unhypocritically.

I read somewhere that WSX said her back was already slightly sprained during the earlier group stage and when she felt the back pain again in the second game of the final match with LXR, she decided not to risk aggravating her injury,not just because it was a lost cause trailing far behind.

Anyway,I trust all the Chinese elite players are fully aware that they are competing not only against the foreigners but also among themselves, willy-nilly.

15. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

thank you for the info, dieter_spath.

and for justin, it's not me called LD arrogant. i just wrote what most of people thinking of him. :D

16. RazerCutter

RazerCutter Regular Member

Media Consultant
    how come LXR doesnt have 5 stars on her shirt?

17. dieter_spath

what a lovely girl!

This photo is post by zhuer李雪芮 ( or Li xuerui herself). I think it's okay I post here...

xuerui.jpg

18. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    well, she hasn't won WC, Sudirman or Asian Games.

For her personally, she needs to win National Games of China 2013. That's the top priority for her and her province.

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Found this interesting article dated 18th Dec 2012 http://www.womenofchina.cn/html/womenofchina/report/147897-1.htm

[​IMG]

Excerpt:
    "I am lucky to get so many championships this year. Actually I didn't think too much about the results," said Li. "I just trained hard and grasped any opportunities I could."

Li hopes to further prove her abilities at the 2013 World Championships and the 2014 Asian Games. "I hope I can maintain my performance next year, and I will train harder than ever," said Li.

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Wonder what hobbies or pastimes LXR has. Would she have the time and energy for them if she is going to train harder than ever?

Wang Xin has said before that the national training regime is so tough, nobody ever dared to think of asking for more.

Yet Li Yongbo was reported to have said he is going to intensify LXR's physical training after being impressed by Juliane Schenk's fitness. Makes me a bit worried for LXR. She had better watch it and not push herself too hard at training for fear of injuring herself.

She has been criticised at some quarters for having won the Olympic gold first without collecting other or enough titles to her name, doing the reverse of what most players did. Because of this, LXR has set her mind to prove herself worthy by striving to garner as many titles as possible within the shortest time, and that means training harder than ever. Be careful, though.

While she is still young, energetic and inspired, I hope she strikes the right balance to become a great badminton player and a happy person. No doubt she lives and breathes badminton, still I wish she is fully aware that badminton is her life but her life isn't only badminton. My best and heartfelt wishes to her.