Head Metallix Badminton Racquets

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by black_knight006, Feb 15, 2007.

1. jincongz

jincongz Regular Member

Hm, 26... Where'd it crack?

2. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    3 o'clock...

I like the feel of the racket but if the durability of the racket sucks i will just go back to yonex.. ARC 10...

3. gak_12

gak_12 Regular Member

No problem with mine over 1yr plus.
    Bought for one day and broke...thats sad!

4. jincongz

jincongz Regular Member

Does Head have warranty? Funny thing... I just got mine and I don't actually know.

5. weinsteinium

weinsteinium Regular Member

The Head website lists the 10k as 85g with a 288mm balance point. That looks like a light and manuverable racquet to me. Does that not match people's experience playing with it?

6. jincongz

jincongz Regular Member

I don't know what to compare it to statically because Yonexes don't have the BP, but from comparing it to the 8k, AT900p, and NS7000, it felt heavier. Heavy enough for both me and the owner of the Yonexes to whack ourselves on the head.
    Not sure about the AT700, because I didn't play with it much.

7. gak_12

gak_12 Regular Member

I do believe your local Head distributor can do something or advice on the warranty.

8. pablo285

pablo285 Regular Member

Metallix 2000

Hey guys,
    I found some really good priced Head Metallix 2000 rackets at sweatband.com but they come in three versions and I have no idea what the difference is. They have Metallix 2k Tour Euro Grip, Metallix 2k and Metallix 2k Tour Series. The prices differ from £23 to £28. Anyone can help?

http://www.sweatband.com/badminton-rackets/head-rackets.html

9. jincongz

jincongz Regular Member

I didn't know the 2k had a tour version...

10. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    Depending on your distributor, you are able to send your racket back and claim a warranty. Provided that you keep your receipt.

In my case since it is just one day old, i am able to claim the warranty in full. However i have to wait for 3 months. :crying: its terrible.

11. weinsteinium

The Tour version is new and replaces the regular version. It has a thinner frame at the top of the racquet for more speed. Head.com doesn't list the 2000 as having a Tour version but if you look at the picture you can see that the one on their site is the same as the sweatband.com Tour (blue instead of black and white).

I think that the Tour Euro Grip is a different grip size (maybe one that they don't sell normally?). Head.com lists the 2000 as having 4 grip sizes, you'll probably have to email sweatband.com to find out what size the Euro grip is.

12. pablo285

pablo285 Regular Member

Well I emailed them and they didn't respond...I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't know the difference aswell. ;-)

13. pablo285

pablo285 Regular Member

This is a reply that I got from sweatband.com

I actually ordered the racket already so I'll wait and see...hope the grip won't be too small. :rolleyes:

14. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    I think so too. I had both the Head 10000 and AT700, AT700 is heavier. Head 10000 is more balanced and more maneuverable. AT700 is more head heavy and good for smashing.

15. pablo285

pablo285 Regular Member

I just got my hands on the racket - it's no Tour version, it just says Tour Series on the paper piece attached to the head of the racket. It's a normal Metallix 2000 with a regular frame, no thinner frame at the top.

The Euro Grip just means a G1 grip size...don't know why they called it Euro Grip in the shop.

Anyway the racket feels great in my hand and I just can't wait to play with it for the first time. :cool: The only thing I'm worried about is the white grip - I don't believe it's gonna stay white for a long time. :D

16. jincongz

jincongz Regular Member

Don't worry, it won't. A month has made mine a grey grip. But it's still fine in terms of use. I kinda knew that there is no tour version, my Metallix 4k also had the tour paper, but it does say that 4k isn't tour.
    Will be waiting for your review.

17. weinsteinium

According to the Head site, neither the 2000 nor the 4000 has a Tour version.

If you look at the enlarged photos of the 2000 and 8000 Tour you can see the difference with the Tours. Thanks for the info about Euro grip

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. parmar88

parmar88 Regular Member

Accountant
    Hey guys,

Hope all had a good easter. (I was passing a church as the Mass was taking place and wow - being a Hindu and seeing this for the first time - it looked amazing. Thought I'd share that!)

Just to let everyone who's interested know...
    I'll be recieving my new HEAD Metallix 8000 Tour racket in 1 or 2 days time, hopefully.

I'll try to give a thorough review of how I get on with it. From what I've read so far there has not been 1 hurtful review about it other than those sarky comments from people who don't know how to play badminton properly anyway.

For those who are interested I've started off a YouTube Badminton Racket review line where I'll be adding the information about my coming racket and something else which I've purchased to it. You can find me under 'Kishno' in YouTube.
    I'm not very skilled in commentary however the focus is on the badminton stuff! :)

I'm currently the owner of a snapped NS7000 and Arcsaber 10. I really hope the HEAD Metallix 8000 Tour will be better than the arm snapping Arc 10!!!

I was naive in the beginning splashing out £125 on the Yonex Arc 10 but having learnt my lesson and moved around to different brands to see what they offer i've begun to see that Yonex is not the be all and the end all of badminton. Don't let their extensive marketing fool you, I'm not saying they are bad, but they are expensive.

--- and for those of you newbie badminton enthusiasts PLEASE don't fall into the trap of thinking if a racket is top of the range, it's automatically going to shower success over you cause the sad truth is, you'll just walk away with a broken arm ---

And finally - I've read on some of the threads that people have weak wrists and forearms. Simply go to youtube and search out excersices that will improve your game especially dedicated to badminton as well!

Thanks.

19. jincongz

jincongz Regular Member

I've subscribed to your channel, looking forward to the reviews.

I personally think different racquets train different things. My UG4 Yonex Cab 410 was heavy as heck, and it trained my arm strength. Now, training using my Metallix 4k, I finally have a smash which I can bring back to the Cab.

Racquets aren't the end all and be all, but they do help. Don't expect to win races with an Enzo if you don't know how to drive.

20. Easy Tiger

Easy Tiger Regular Member

Bum
    I'm confused. I thought the M8k Tour was different to a straight M8k....but then I looked at my racket and it says "metallix 8000 tour" on the shaft. Are there two different M8ks, or am I reading that wrong?

Anyway, I've been using mine for 5 months now and like it. I'm just getting back into Badders after a long hiatus, and I will say that if you're like me, then don't go for the high stringing tensions.
    I have mine at 24lbs, and while that generates good power (when you hit it right, haha) your net game will suffer because it does make it difficult to transition to your touch game.

Obviously the more advanced player or singles orientated player wouldn't have so much of an issue, but I do often think that the high end rackets just aren't appropriate for newbies or those with some residual skill getting back into the game. Well, at high tensions they're not, that's for sure.