Li Xuerui ( 李雪芮 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by cobalt, Nov 4, 2011.

1. zhuangcorp

zhuangcorp Regular Member

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

3. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    Not on youtube. It's on www.nbcolympics.com. You can select badminton, then result. And for each match, you can click full replay.

4. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    Actually the video is still stored on youtube. But it's easier to find any match from www.nbcolympics.com.

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Unfortunately,not accessible to Internet users outside the US, thanks anyway.

6. vixter

vixter Regular Member

[​IMG] Originally Posted by Qidong [​IMG]
    I just watched the LXR vs YPY Olympics QF match. LXR has problems with YPY's power. If YPY was more consistent, she would have beaten LXR already. If LXR didn't improve, she will be following WSX, Lu Lan and Zhu Lin's fate.

Well... LXR won this match in 2 sets and went on to win the gold. If she still needs improvement so does everyone. Power is not worth so much without consistency. LXR has got it both. Also WSX does not yet have a fate, she is just in a dip.

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Li Xuerui, if it ever crosses your mind to rest on your laurels, I urge you to banish the thought immediately. You cannot afford to and it will be foolish of you at such a young age having achieved so little as compared to what you are capable of in the future.

Don't ever let sudden fame and fortune get into your head as it can come and go just as quickly. With your abundance of natural talent, youth and the resources available to you as a China player, it will be such a shame not to capitalize on it to maximise your chances at greater achievements for as long as you can. Such opportunities as yours are extremely hard to come by...need I say more.

Your pinnacle is still a long way off. Strive for it, you can do it! My heartfelt wish to see you among the all-time greats if not the greatest one day.

8. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    I totally agree with you. LXR is far from the best form she can get in term of her entire career but she has won the first olympics gold medals at age of 21. She certainly has chance to win it 3 times consecutively. She has all the talents to bring WS to the next level which is not achieved by anyone before like Lin Dan did for MS. I am looking forward to seeing her future.

9. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    Although there are many young talents like TZY, SJH, IR, Sindhu and Saina, I still think LXR is the best.

10. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

She looked stunning in make up!:)

11. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    It's 3 strikes for LXR

CBSL 2012: lost to Lu Lan
    China Masters 2012: lost to Sindhu
    Denmark Open 2012: a few wins, then a QF ambush by Juliane Schenk.

It's time Li Xuerui woke up, or she'll find herself in the middle of a very bad dream. I think she's learning that you cannot win games on reputation or past performance alone.

Olympic champion Liu knocked out of badminton Denmark Open

Xinhua, October 20, 2012
    http://www.china.org.cn/world/Off_the_Wire/2012-10/20/content_26853031.htm

Excerpt:

In a physically strong, concentrated display, the German held the lead in a close first set and wrapped up the match as Li faded in the second set.

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I can't hide my disappointment with LXR, three successive defeats in three tournaments is my limit for her. She shall have no more excuses from now on. As I've said she is young and has few titles to her name, she still has a long way to go in her career. If she had half as much achievements as Lin Dan, I may be prepared to overlook it and give her more time to re-adjust and recharge herself for the next push.

To be honest,it's not so much that she lost but how she played - error-prone, full of amateurish mistakes hitting easy shots long,wide or into the net. High time for her to keep her nose to the grindstone or her bad dream after the Olympic euphoria will soon turn into a nightmare.

To put it bluntly,she seems to let her Olympic high get into her head, unable to handle her sudden fame and fortune. Her fairy-tale ascent to the pinnacle is indeed the envy of all but may well turn out to be short-lived if she doesn't deal with it properly and wisely. I trust her coach,esp Li YB, will give her a good talking-to and not tolerate it anymore like they did the last two occasions as reported in the Chinese press.

I supposed CBA require her to carry on playing instead of resting like the other gold medallists is because they thought she would be humble and realistic enough to know where she stands. In any other country they would easily forgive her, bear with it for quite a long while and continue to patiently wait for her to produce results again while praising her at the same time. In China, I have reason to believe otherwise.

Success breeds success but one invariably learns more from failures and setbacks provided they are not too frequent or prolonged. Valuable lessons learnt last a lifetime. Wang Yihan is an excellent example, Lin Dan another exemplary case.

13. dieter_spath

dieter_spath Regular Member

LXR was seemed not want to play any more in the second game and try to lose the game as soon as possible. After so many (4-5,in summary) misjugements by umpire and line juders, including at least two of them were so obvious that I do not think there were any excuses for umpire to let it happen, LXR certainly could not control her mood anymore. That is why, in my view, she played as an amateur player in the second game. That also expose her weakness of lack of experiences.

On the other hand,I watched the other match JYJ vs. Schenck in semi, JYJ was trying so hard to save every shot from Schenck even some of them were about to be a little wide,not give a chance for line judgers to help Schenck. It's no wonder Schenck is currently in her best shape, however, I was so disppointed for umpires as well as line judgers in DEN SS. From QS to semi, so many unfair plays between Asian players and European players in this tournament. Asian players were suffering the same fate, including MD,WD and XD. One example is MD yesterday, there were more than 3 disputed judges for MD double in semi, but IND players were playing so hard and survived at last. I do think it is a wise decision for Wang yihan not play further in this tournament under this conditions, especially she also has injuries.
    There was one exception, that is SN vs Baun, there were huge point gap in both first and second game and give the umpire no opportunities to manipulate. I hope SN, one of best players I amdire most,beat Schenck in the final, not only for herself, for all Asian players.
    I am not a fan of conspiracy, but I was very very disppointed for DEN SS. There are such good impressions in my head for European umpires and line judgers that I just can not tolerate it happened.

14. dieter_spath

dieter_spath Regular Member

<div>&nbsp; LXR was seemed not want to play any more in the second game and try to lose the game as soon as possible. After so many (4-5,in summary) misjugements by umpire and line juders, including at least two of them were so obvious that I do not think there were any excuses for umpire to let it happen, LXR certainly could not control her mood anymore. That is why, in my view, she played as an amateur player in the second game. That also expose her weakness of lack of experiences.</div><div><br></div><div>&nbsp; On the other hand,I watched the other match JYJ vs. Schenck in the semi, JYJ was trying so hard to save every shot from Schenck even some of them were about to be a little wide,not give a chance for line judgers to help Schenck. It's no wonder Schenck is currently in her best shape, however, I was so disppointed for umpires as well as line judgers in DEN SS. From QS to semi, so many unfair plays between Asian players and European players in this tournament. Asian players were suffering the same fate, including MD,WD and XD. One example is MD yesterday, there were more than 3 disputed judges for MD double in the semi, but IND players were playing so hard and survived at last. I do think it is a wise decision for Wang yihan not play further in this tournament under this conditions, especially she also has injuries.</div><div>&nbsp; There was one exception, that is SN vs Baun, there were huge point gap in both first and second game and give the umpire no opportunities to manipulate. I hope SN, one of best players I amdire most,beat Schenck in the final, not only for herself, for all Asian players.</div><div>&nbsp; I am not a fan of conspiracy, but I was very very disppointed for DEN SS. There are such good &nbsp;impressions in my head for European umpires and line judgers that I just can not tolerate it happened.&nbsp;</div>

15. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    after the Olympics, LXR (and other gold medalists) have many commercial and sponsorship engagements/functions to attend to throughout China. Traveling within China is not a whole lot of fun, you know.

16. vixter

vixter Regular Member

Justin L, what do you mean by three succesive defeats in three tournaments? Not counting the CBSL, I thought Denmark open was the first tournament after the Olympics for LXR.

Many of the athletes who played the Olympics failed to perform to a high level in this years Danish Open. In fact, some of them might not even have played if the tournament wasn't a mandatory on the rankings.

Edit: I forgot the China Masters sorry

17. vixter

vixter Regular Member

Why is LXR not playing French Open?

18. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    My dear friend, go and watch pv sindhu vs li xuerui match of li ning china masters 2012 in the youtube. You may find the result.

19. vixter

vixter Regular Member

Yeah was good match :) Amazing tournament for Sindhu!

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

LXR,today in the CBSL, you suffered your 4th defeat after the Olympics. This time the loss was inflicted by your teammate Wang Shixian who herself has been struggling with poor form for several months and whose Olympic spot was taken over by you.

What amazes me is that Shixian actually played an attacking game in the 3rd set to beat you 21-9 (!) based on the report. The other two sets were 21-18 to her and 12-21 to you. If this match was won by Shixian who succeeded in transforming her game, I'm very glad for her. If not, I'm worried for you.

I miss your menacing,all-conquering ways. Where has it gone? Show us again,soon.