What badminton shoes do YOU wear?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by larryxberry, May 9, 2004.

1. wocdam

wocdam Regular Member

Professional
    i'm using victor VT71 now

2. david07

david07 New Member

Student
    I use Yonex SHB-100 MX. These shoes are really good for me, I have no complaints.

3. martin8768

martin8768 New Member

sudent
  4. Bad Victor

Bad Victor Regular Member

Wore Asics before because they were wider than the Yonex. The sole of the Asics is thicker which made it easier to roll the ankle. Also, found the traction of the Asics very poor on hardwood gym floor. My Asics only lasted one year before the inside of one shoe wore out. Found the Yonex SHB90MX wider and less restrictive than previous Yonex shoes tried. The traction of the SHB90MX is very good on hardwood gym floor. With the lower profile, the tendency to roll the ankle is lower. After one year, my SHB90MX is still going strong.

5. smash_master

smash_master Regular Member

player/coach/student
    have been wearing my yonex SHB 100's the regular ones for about 2 months now with super orange feet insoles in them and there amazing though still.

For Bad Victor yeah i have had asiscs shoes as well and i found that the rubber sole ore out way to fast so i didnt have any grip on it at all after about 2 months or less. Other than that they were really good shoes though and i liked asics except for the reason of the gum rubber sole.

6. Timbuctoo

Timbuctoo Regular Member

I'm wearing Victor shoes. Not sure of the model but the box says 'Breathing' on the side. They were very comfy after removing the Victor insole plus nice and grippy. They look similar to Yonex shoes but 4 times cheaper. If they are durable (I'll see how long they last as I'm very tough on shoes) they would be a bargain. I've been wearing some Wilson court shoes for the past month and they were very heavy. These Victor shoes are much lighter and help me to move about faster so my game has instantly improved.

Tim H

7. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
  8. drowsysmurf

drowsysmurf Regular Member

Make ppl happy O_O
    i actually have a pair of nike basketball shoe that feels more like a baddy shoe.
    #1) it feels like my feet is touching the ground (i don't play bball in it anymore cuz it feels like i'm stepping on the ground)
    #2) mid cut makes for great ankle support.
    #3) it is a pretty stable shoe.
    but i do not wear them for baddy either.

9. Winnie Lim1314

Winnie Lim1314 Regular Member

No.1 MIZUNO MASTERCROSS WAVE DX 7KM-770
    No.2 Yonex SHB 100L

#429 Winnie Lim1314, Sep 27, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2007
  10. nedseneski

nedseneski Regular Member

Graphic Artist
    Show some pictures guys.

11. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    cool, you have the latest mizuno shoes. do post a picture and a review of the shoes. and where did you buy it and for how much? :D

12. Winnie Lim1314

my relative live in Japan,n she bought that for me last week...she know i luv 2 play badminton,she said she gift me the shoes for my birthday prersent(that's a present,so i was not dare 2 ask her the price)...so,i dunnoe how much is it.but if u r planning 2 buy the shoes,u can surf on the net.i hav the website...
    http://shuttle-house.com/new-cgi/page2_i.php?mk=MI&hid=7KM-770&lan=C
    it's in Japaneese...

13. martin8768

martin8768 New Member

sudent
    em no thats very wrong, you may "feel" like your touching the ground but your actually higher off the ground. the ground-foot feedback is much higher in a badminton shoe then a basketball shoe. also the mid cut reduces ankle articulation and slows down badminton footwork, if someone need ankle support in badminton wear a ankle support not basketball shoes:rolleyes:

14. david07

david07 New Member

Student
    Yes, basketball shoes aren't good for badminton. They are high off the ground. Badminton shoes are lower and are easier to move around the court with.

15. azabaz_ipoh

is second to badminton
    you're lucky. :D no relatives in japan and i dont think i will ever buy a pair of shoes on the net because i like to wear them and see how they fit before buying shoes. i thought you bought in malaysia. a bit sad. i wonder how to ask mizuno to expand their badminton shoes market to this side of the world. hehehehe. happy for you for the awesome birthday gift and lucky you the shoes fit so well. so tell us how the are the shoes. is it real comfortable. how does it fare against your yonex shoes? :)

16. Winnie Lim1314

erm...it's really comfortable,n it's really nice...for me,it's nicer than yonex.lolx...u mean there are no mizuno badminton shoes sold in Malaysia or juz in Ipoh?if i m not wrong,u r living in Ipoh?mayb u can come 2 KL n do some surveys...i will help u 2 do sum researches in KL area after PMR...:)

17. Scott Kam

Scott Kam Regular Member

Any comment on these shoes :)

18. zhafir92

zhafir92 Regular Member

form 5 2009
    im using power cushion 57sp. with an extra lp support gel cushioning insole. so far so good but my feet get hot quite a bit.

anyone taking pmr , good luck.
    ive got 4 more days til im FREE n MORE BADMINTON. haha.
    cheers

19. azabaz_ipoh

is second to badminton
    i feel that mizuno shoes are nice too. but i only compare it to low end yonex shoes so i think that might be normal. the price of my mizuno shoes and the low end yonex shoes are pretty near but the mizuno feels a lot better overall. there are mizuno shoes sold in malaysia but mostly they are volleyball shoes since it is widely acceptable to use volleyball shoes for badminton because both are court sports. i have only found one model of mizuno badminton shoes here in ipoh and kl. i bought it in kl, in SOGO world of sports. someone gave a name of a shop in puchong called GV sports. but i think he said they too sells mostly volleyball shoes. :D anyway, good luck for your PMR. study smart eh!:p

i will wait till the end of raya before getting back to my beloved badminton. :D

20. drowsysmurf

drowsysmurf Regular Member

Make ppl happy O_O
    actually my basketball shoes are really low. the only reason i stop wearing them. i think i had a bad basketbal shoes or soemthing. =/ i just measures it... the height of the sole itself between my bball shoes and badminton is about the same. the only difference is the build of the shoe. the bottom of my basketball shoe is slightly wider than my badminton shoes yet at the arc support alrea is like as small as my badminton shoes if not smaller. so much for an outlet sale... hahaha... i don't really wear those bball shoes anymore. they really don't do the job for basketball