Wang Yihan ( 王仪涵 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by suetyan, Sep 22, 2008.

1. madbad

madbad Regular Member

May I throw in my 2 CND cents worth. If you noticed, she has become more aggressive, putting her opponents under pressure thereby creating more predictable situations. Once in this position of ascendency, WYH is able to position herself quicker and increase her chances of finishing off the point. Given this advantage, her footwork doesn't look as clunky and her movement less laboured.

She may not win all the points but this version of WYH sure is much more entertaining to watch than the old, passive one.

2. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    go go Yi Han ~~

3. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

4. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Yes, pretty. Maybe I should change my handle to nokh@yihan:D

5. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Ok, i'm waiting for that to happen.

6. luvina

luvina Regular Member

ex student
    Surprise she behind Wang Shixian in the last polling :):D

7. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Her hair looked so different. :eek::eek::eek:

When and where was this photo taken?

8. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

It's a very good chance for Yihan to steal the title after the defeat of WSX.

9. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

I would hope so.

Go, go, go WYH !!! :D:D:D

10. thito

thito New Member

student
    Wang Yihan does have a boyfriend ?

11. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Why? You want to apply?

12. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Woh...... May I remind you that this a public forum. People who know, will never disclose WYH's private life (I can tell you this). :):):)

13. anilsreedhar

anilsreedhar Regular Member

ahem thito, how can i tell these things to you, wang told me not to tell anyone:). congrats to her, she won the semi is style

14. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    yes and no
    i dumped her not so long ago
    lol
    please be polite and dont try to dig up player private life

15. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    You just dug up her private life with this revelation.:p

16. mrinalini

mrinalini Regular Member

Student
    Congrats to Yihan for finally becoming WC; now with her AE and WC titles, all she needs is the OG to complete the set and I'm hoping she'll manage it next year. ;) She's by far my favourite player because of her playing style and personality, and I was heartened to see that she has really improved her game at this WC (she played especially well against Pi Hongyan). I admit that I nearly got a little bit teary when she started tearing up on the podium as the national anthem was being played (and I'm not even from China!); I felt so glad at her success especially since we all know how badly she struggled last year.

She seems so adorable in the clip embedded at this link:

http://sports.qq.com/a/20110811/000019.htm

Can anyone please translate everything that was being said?

17. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

2011 World Championships; Translation of article (WYH winning in Round 2)

Your clip is not for the 2011 World Championships FINALS, but for Round 2. :):):)

Translating your clip (below) by Google;

Wang Yi Han swept lift Singapore's second game 7-0 score climax
    At 01:15 on August 11, 2011

NEW YORK, August 11 morning, the 2011 badminton world championships in London to continue. In the women's singles second round match, Chinese players Wang Yi Han 2-0 victory over Singapore's Gu Juan, the last 16. Councils score is: 21 than 13,21 18.

Wang Yi Han is now ranked second in the world, has won the 2009 All England Badminton Super Series champion. However, in the World Championship, Wang Yi Han, but in general. Two consecutive World Championships, were Germany's Schenk and Japan's Hirose Rong Li sub- out, both missed the last eight. In the same year, in the Uber Cup finals, Wang Yi Han suffered their biggest blow, she was Xi Pei L 2-0 sweep, also a Chinese team lost to South Korea more than 3 lost seven consecutive. This year, Wang Yi Han a recovery state. With the Chinese team clinch the Sudirman Cup and won the Asian Championships, Indonesia Badminton Super Series champion. As the tournament No. 2 seed, Wang Yi Han round bye. Gu Juan The world number 25, her technical detail, the first round 2-0 out of Thailand's bossa that shows a fairly good condition.

The first inning, Wang Yi Han pull in a multi-shot performance in a more robust tone, start with 3 to 1 lead. Gu Juan in a row in the attack two diagonal slash at smb, soon chasing the score 4 to 4 level. Wang Yi Han offensive front is very active, the net several times to put the ball scores, she scored 4 points will be widening the score to 8 to 4. Gu Juan improve the success rate of multi-shot, Wang Yi Han ball more mistakes, Gu Juan Glenealy 3 points will be sent out to 1 minute. Wang Yi Han played a more patient, after the formation of multi-tone proactive pull shot to a 4-0 score into a wave of attacks will be 11 to 7 to enter the inning breaks. After the restart, they turn up the score. After the war to 10 to 13, Wang Yi Han kill line with the field point after 2 minutes the score was widened to 15 to 10. Gujuan Li Wang Yi Han with a ball out of bounds to recover 1 point, Wang Yi Han then firmly in control of the field strengths, her tricky pitch the ball back frequently make mistakes Gu Juan, scored four points ahead after 19 to 11. Although Gu Juanli serve recovered with 2 points, but Wang Yi Han did not give opponents a chance to win the first game 21 to 13.

The second game, Wang Yi Han played some impatience, slash at smb consecutive errors, start with 1 to 5 behind. Then she adjusted the tactics, while strengthen the defense, the use of the net the ball constantly chasing points. War to 2 to 6, and Wang Yi Han scored 4 points in the match. Gu Juan running active, constantly mobilize Wang Yi Han, Wang Yi Han ball out of bounds, Gu Juan 8 to 6 out of the score came from behind again, Wang Yi Han is not impatient, but to use pull out of patience with the opponents deal. On the contrary, Gu Juan ball into the net many times, Wang Yi Han-point score to kill again and again, she took the opportunity to play a climax of 7 to 0 score, the score go-ahead 13 to 8. Gujuan Li opportunity to recover with the ball 2, Wang Yi Han always occupy the field active. They turn up the score, with the slash rates after the killing field point, Gu Juan chase the score 13 to 15. Subsequently, they each have 1 minute, Wang Yi Han is in hand to slash at smb scored 4 points to expand the score 19 to 14. Gu Juan not willing to fail, making the continuous slash at smb recovered more than 2 points. Wang Yi Han slash rates after the kill to get field point match point, Gu Juan in a row to save two match points, Wang Yi Han shot with a great slash at smb end the game. Finally, Wang Yi Han won the second game 21 to 18, to 2 to 0 victory over Juan Gu last 16

18. mrinalini

mrinalini Regular Member

Student
    Thanks, chris, but I had already run that article through the Google translator - I was looking for a translation of the comments made in the video clip. ;)

19. anilsreedhar

anilsreedhar Regular Member

For a tigress, she looks like a real shy, cute girl in that clip, thanx yaar for posting. she really looks edible there.

20. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    congru;lations to Wang Y H ~~