Yonex Voltric I-Force / iForce (VTIF-5UG5) review

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by ronyyk76, Jul 23, 2013.

1. sautom88

sautom88 Regular Member

I am interested to know too how this racket performs, esp in comparison to NR800 or Arc FB.

2. amleto

amleto Regular Member

3. niknkia

niknkia Regular Member

Local Government
  4. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

can it withstand 28-30lbs?

5. niknkia

niknkia Regular Member

Local Government
    That link now just comes back to my thread??

6. niknkia

niknkia Regular Member

Local Government
    Ok I bought this racket and I have to say very impressed with it. If it came without the pink I would be happier but as far as play goes a very nice racket. :)

7. xzavire

xzavire Regular Member

Engineer
    I bought this racket for my wife a few months ago and I've been very impressed with its performance and ruggedness. She had a 3U NS9900 with BG 95 and wanted something with a bit more power without losing the maneuverability. The 5U VTIF has a lot more weight at the head, slightly more flex and still light enough to defend and drive. She's generating more power with relative ease and not sacrificing on defense or the net.

I had a session with it for fun and found it quite enjoyable. It reminds me of a lighter version of the BS LYD 4U without the overly flexible shaft. I didnt get as much power out if it as my JJS or MX80 but that may be timing issues or lower tension. The defense, drive and net kills were good but there's a lack of overall weight to really power it through. There wasn't any instability issues as there are with other headheavy and light rackets even with mishits. The racket can definitely withstand a couple of good clashes as I've hit the floor with it retrieving and so has my wife.

Currently this has become my wife's main racket and my 2nd singles racket after my AT700 gen 1. It's a nice overall racket and very good for its price.

8. Darth vader

Darth vader Regular Member

Sith Lord
    Totally agree agreed with you bro. It's now my primary racket, and in fact, I'ma sell off my LYDs very soon to make way for this VTIF.

:)

9. ronny108

ronny108 Regular Member

yes me too. I buried my vt70 , bravo VTIF

10. Tommy gsk

Tommy gsk New Member

Audio visual Engineer
    Cannot ,this racket only can withstand MAX 24lbs only

11. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    can..24 lbs is only for the warranty. it can withstand more than that

12. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

Most Yonex hi-end rackets state max tension of 24Lbs, with exception of those latest top of the line racket which max 26Lbs (mostly head heavy series). These are 3U version, while 4U and above is recommended to have lower tension. I am very interested in buying VTIF since its first out, but seeing the recommended tension is low enough as guarantee, i'd opt for Karakal BN60 6U which guaranteed 30Lbs! This concern comes from countless of breakage complaining of ArcFB... which is pretty expensive and very hi-end...

13. TomKoh

TomKoh New Member

Manager
    I purchased 4 for my daughter who is an intermediate player. 2 broke within 2 months of purchase. Both at the top of the frame. 1st one broke at the shop after (not during) it was strung. 2nd one broke at the same place when she did a simple return shot, not even a smash or lob. None of the racquets hit the ground or any other hard object during their lifetimes. The string tension wasn't high, a moderate 23.

Its so unfortunately because its a super racquet for intermediate female players because its very light, responsive, good repulsion with excellent balance. Even though Voltric is supposed to be head heavy, we didn't feel it was heavy enough for powerful smashes so added another 5g using weight-tape.

So end of the story: I cannot recommend it because 2/4 racquets self-destruct in 2 months (1/4 brand new so remains to be seen). Note: my daughter trains 5 times a week but alternates the 4 racquets to spread out the stress. However does powerful smashes 2/5 times a week, 20 mins/session as part of training regiment - but still, I don't think that is a good excuse for the racquets breaking because for a fact her speed is half that of the pros.

If you think you still want to go ahead, Sunriseclick sells half the price of what the shops are retailing.

Good luck!

14. ronny108

ronny108 Regular Member

that is sad to hear, I got only one ,strung at 23,nbg98 , I even clash with my partner in double, and yet so far so good, I got it for about 6 months , playing with ex-national player once a week. thanks

15. sautom88

sautom88 Regular Member

Already used one for 1-2months, excellent power from an F5 light racket. Just avoid hard strings like zymaxes or bg80, not arm-friendly.

16. ronny108

ronny108 Regular Member

merry christmas, i switch to Etune80

17. knowledgeseeker

knowledgeseeker New Member

Accountant
    Merry Christmas to you too. But why did you switch? You are moving from a medium flex to stiff racket! Any regrets?

18. ronny108

ronny108 Regular Member

no regrets, very powerful, but arm needs to build up more muscle, ache

19. knowledgeseeker

knowledgeseeker New Member

Accountant
    Sorry to hear about your muscle ache :(

Unfortunately, I can never get myself to hit the gym! I'm looking for a racket that's more friendly to my joints/muscles, would you recommend the i-force? Is it significantly superior to the vt70 which I have heard is a great racket? Would really like to hear your views as you have used both :)

20. ronny108

ronny108 Regular Member

for me i like the vtif more than vt70 , better defense, better backhand. After VTIF, i switch to 70etune with 4pc orange added, smash power better, return power better. but the 70etune broken, the queensway shop replaced me the etune80+string85p@25+lining grip. Wow the power, i just love it, attacking is fantastic.