Yonex Bag1111W

Discussion in 'Badminton Bag' started by Sealman, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
  2. tckang

tckang Regular Member

Con man (I do sales)
    Yup, this is the replacement for the popular BAG951W

3. kezumix

kezumix Regular Member

i still prefer the design on the 951W based on both pictures alone :p

4. Barca

Barca Regular Member

But I would rather choose the 1111W over 951W. Anyway they are made of different material. 1111W is Polyester + PU while 951W is Nylon + PVC.

5. c0alKiller

c0alKiller Regular Member

I don't like this one.

It hasn't happy colours

6. Barca

Barca Regular Member

Neither of them have bright colors. Mizuno has them in red or blue though. It also has straps to be carried as a backpack.

7. singnflip4life

singnflip4life Regular Member

Full Time Med Student
    Dimensions are very close, but it just doesn't have the professional look that the 951W did, which I think is why the 951W was so popular in the first place

8. syncer

syncer Regular Member

Just got this bag and my gosh! This bag is HUGE!

Will do up a simple review after my exams for the benefit of everyone.

9. blindfury

blindfury Regular Member

How huge? I'm ordering one now as we speak >_<

Now when you say huge.... that's a good thing, right?

10. syncer

syncer Regular Member

Huge as in I'm really surprised by the amount of things I can place in it, comfortably. As of now, I have 4 x rackets, 3 x tubes of shuttles on one side and one pair of size44 shoes, one 1L Nalgene bottle, towel, 2 round neck tshirts, 1 pair of shorts, 3 wristbands, 2 pair of socks AND I STILL HAVE SPACE FOR MORE!

There's one thing that I believe I need sometime to get use to. The length of the bag. Haha. Used to carrying office bag of slight longer than A4 paper length (those typical laptop bags), and now with a bag that's 75cm in length. Haha... U get the picture. Looks abit weird if you shoulder sling it, but kinda nice when you just hold the handle. :)

11. blindfury

blindfury Regular Member

seems like a very nice bag~ ^_^

shoulder sling at an angle should look alright... closer being vertical than horizontal like -> \ instead of ----

12. kezumix

kezumix Regular Member

The size is similar to 951W.. One thing to mention on for this design (951w and 1111W). It looks slim and sleek... yet it holds A LOT (REALLY ALOT) of items, dun be fooled by the picture. Love the concept of design on these bags over the traditional sportier kind. No regrets so far.

13. syncer

syncer Regular Member

Bro, are you using the 951W or 1111W? I have the 1111W. If you have the 951W, maybe we shd meet up one day to check out each other's bag.

And hor, how do you carry it around? Cuz I tried to shoulder sling it and feels kinda weird leh.

14. kezumix

kezumix Regular Member

I using the 951W. How to carry depends on individual preference bah. I carrying it like a tote bag, like female like that.. Hahaha... I took out the sling as i find it troublesome to use. My height is like 178cm? so it don't look too weird on me if i should sling it?.. Sure we can meet up when our destiny meets :) hahaha. No problem. Where you got ur 1111?

15. syncer

syncer Regular Member

Ic ic. I'm planning to carry it like a tote bag too. I'm about 1.8, so let's hope it's not too weird when I sling.

Aiya, don't need to wait for destiny! We create our own fate! Siglap Open is around the corner! U coming over to look see look see? I'm gonna be there everyday. And also you stay Tampines, very easy for us to meet up. One of these day can meet up for kopi session + badminton game! Dropped you a PM. Please check.

I got my 1111W from Camel Sports. A friend just came back from Beijing and I begged him to carry back for me. Haha. RMB660.

16. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

I have both bags.

The first thing I can relate between the 951W and the 1111W is that the 951W is made in Taiwan and the 1111W is made in China (the second is where most if not all of the usual Yonex JP bags are manufactured, as a matter of fact) :D

Otherwise both bags are pretty similar in design. They both hold pretty much the same volume of things. The 1111W has a smaller inner net bag which is about less than three quarters the size of the 951W's, if that is important to you but it still holds my usual supply of two bottles of grip powder and one big pair of scissors handily. The 1111W's interior is coloured yellow rather than the 951W's green too.

17. syncer

syncer Regular Member

Wow! Thanks for the comparison! Why do you even need 2? Can you give me one? Haha.

Alright, jokes aside, I'm kinda disappointed when i saw the words 中国制 on the label. Haha. In case you don't understand, it means Made in China. :(

18. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

As I have said, if you have noticed, the other JP bags such as the popular BAG1002R/N, most if not all of them are all 中国制产 (made in China, I can read Chinese). There is nothing to be disappointed about that.

The 1111W's built quality didn't disappoint me though, since coming from a 951W :)

#18 Blitzzards, Dec 8, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  19. syncer

syncer Regular Member

True. If most if not all are all made in china, there's nothing to be disappointed about. Am disappointed cuz I assumed that since it's JP model, ought to be made in japan. Haha...

20. kezumix

kezumix Regular Member

Well to me, whether jp sp or watever it is. As long nt fake n you find it is money worth. I dun care!!! Hahaha... Me go for design n quality rather than version. Thanks for the comparison as well. Thanks for the difference.

@syncer... Me only played for a year plus... Nt into competition level. Me scardy cat. Haha... Kopi session sure no problem.