Indonesia Badminton

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by kidosetiawan, May 15, 2007.

1. sen

sen Regular Member

Yeah, not that late but her winning senior tournament and AE was after a couple of years losing.
    Compared to LCW not that late but compare to Mia or Taufik.

I meant some players only consistently winning titles after a few years of experience while some suddenly becomes a winner during 16 or 18 years old but could not consistently win later in carreer.

2. fathonezic

fathonezic Regular Member

Consultant
    you are wrong....
    WJC was started in 1992, while you said that susi was 18 yo in 89.... no way she could be a WJC champions, right ??

playing in sudirman cup at 18 yo doesnt mean she was a fast achiever.

it's just a sign that she was one of the best in the country.
    just look at febe, now she is the best (according to WR), but, is she a good WS among other countries's WS ?

3. sen

sen Regular Member

After checking, Susi was born 1971. So she was 18 when she played in Sudirman Cup winning team. She won AE in 1990 so she was 19.

Yeah, not that late achiever. I think she was already leading INA WS player when she was 18. That's why she was in Sudirman Cup.

But I think she already played in international tournament when she was 17. She did not win major titles yet until that 1990. Because her winning point in Sudirman Cup against Korea was a big surprise. So her rank still low in 1989.

4. ullisse

ullisse Regular Member

I do not agree with your statement...

Just to mention a few of her achievements:

Susi was only 16 and 17 yo respectively when she won the Bimantara Jakarta Open Jr 1987 and 1988 (later become World Junior Championship) - http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Badminton-Weltmeisterschaft_(Junioren)

When she was 16, she has become the runner-up WS at SEA Games 1987 Jakarta (plus gold medal for the women team event), and finally won her first WS title at SEA Games 1989 KL when she was 18 yo - http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Südostasienspiele_(Badminton)

She was the 2nd WS of INA Team in Uber Cup 1988 when she was just 17yo and had a nice game with Han Aiping: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtTn0IZyO3M&feature=relmfu

Her career in All England tournament is more outstanding...
    1988 (17 yo) : she lost in third round against Helen Troke (Eng); In the previous stage, Susi won against Kirsten Larsen of DEN who was the defend champion.
    1989 (18 yo) : she became the finalist lost to Li Lingwei (CHN)
    1990 (19 yo) : she got her first AE WS title...!!!

She won her first World Cup title in 1989 (18 yo) by beating Han Aiping!
    She also won her first title at World Badminton Grand Prix Finals in 1990 (19 yo)...

Her career spanned over about 10 years, with her last titles were in 1997 (winner of INA Open, MAS Open, Vietnam Open and World Cup).
    She quited badminton in 1998 after helped INA team to be runner up in Uber Cup and being finalist at Singapore Open 1998 (one of the only tournaments that she has never won along with Asian Games ....)
    http://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susi_Susanti

So... It is not true that Susi was a late achiever!! :)

#2664 ullisse, May 11, 2012
    Last edited: May 11, 2012
  5. miksss

miksss Regular Member

Well, well, well, INA ladies lost to the second seed JPN 2-3 in a titanic battle match. I think they have shown great spirit.. Greysia/Meiliana lost 19-21 in the third games. JPN is leading 2-0 then. Firda perfomed superbly to beat higher ranked Eriko Hirose to put a liitle hope on INA team, 1-2. On the fourth match, Nitya/Feinya outclassed the WR#6 to make it 2-2. Last match is soooooooo intense, Lindaweni was leading a few points in third games but ending losing.

here is what Linda and Greysia comment on twitter :

greysia : Tears r streaming down my face when I see all people are trying to cheer us up. We couldnt paid with a winning! Thank u indonesia!

lindaweni : My apologize for my team n indonesia,I'm sorry :(

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so far, don't see any complaint or bashed for the uber team. I am proud of you too INA Uber team!! You have fight till the last drop.

#2665 miksss, May 23, 2012
    Last edited: May 23, 2012
  6. luvina

luvina Regular Member

ex student

Yup, still better better better than INA Thomas.

7. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Yup, she's not late bloomer, being 1990 AE Champ for the first time, 1992 Barcelona OG Gold Medalist, 1993 World Champ in 19, 21, 22 y.o respectively, those result are really outstanding...

8. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Yeah, they have given their best but only one winner in competition, too bad this time is not for INA Uber team.

Meanwhile for the first time INA Thomas team failed to reach final four, what a setback in INA badminton history :( Japan boys played superbly yesterday, against the odds to overcome INA and they did it!

9. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    INA Uber Cup Team has fought really well, I am very proud of it.. No complain.. Just that the coaches should have known a few of their weaknesses & come back stronger at UC 2014. We could win it if our gals fighting like this again...

10. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    The way I see it, it is Indonesia that 'won' against the odds yesterday. I (and many others, I believe) think Japan would've destroyed us 3-0, not letting us win even one game. :eek:

11. sen

sen Regular Member

True. Ranking wise, MS1, MD1 and MS2 yesterday Japan is higher than INA. Only MS3, INA is higher rank.

It could be 3-0 yesterday.

12. rosid

rosid Regular Member

Student
    It is the worst result for Thomas Cup, sad :(
    berasa habis putus sama pacar #galau

13. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Sorry, but I believe this is not about "taking positives" from a bad situation. For a country like INA to lose at all to Japan is not a wake-up-call -- It is a disaster warning! You have got to show more pride and intent. INA is capable of 100 times better than this. I believe the players and organisations are not just letting their country and themselves down -- they are letting down millions of well-wishers all over the world as well.

14. naistav

naistav Regular Member

I agree on this.
    Rank wise yes JPN is higher than INA. And still INA didn't realize about that disaster warning. And finally nightmare come true, lost to JPN in Thomas. If that still didn't even wake up INA and/or PBSI, I don't really know what to say.

15. bal-bal

bal-bal Regular Member

PNS
    I think the result was predictable, at least for me :D
    I feel more broken when Thomas Cup 2004 when Indonesia lost to Denmark 2-3 in SF
    I watched until 1.30 am and we lost,
    Simon very nervous and Alvent/Luluk, Candra/Trikus lost too
    Still wondering why not Sigit in team
    After that night, I felt blue over a week :(

16. rosid

rosid Regular Member

Student
    At that year, I haven't followed badminton actually.. :D so I don't know what happen...

17. bal-bal

bal-bal Regular Member

PNS
    Actually because Thomas-Uber 2004, I started to like Badminton and become love Indonesia :)
    Previously I was Otaku and look down my country, Indonesia.
    I don't know why, I felt hurt when Indonesia team lost in TUC 2004.
    Since that event, I following athlete Indonesia in International tournament,
    especially Badminton and Tennis, because when I saw other sport just (like Indonesia soccer team) made me sad with the result.
    But now, I don't follow Tennis again. No Angie or Wyne like again.
    Oya, when TUC 2004 I am still in 2nd year Junior High School Student.

Sorry for OOT :D
    Hope for the resurrection Indonesia Sport.
    INDONESIA BISAA!!!! SEMANGAT!!!

#2677 bal-bal, May 25, 2012
    Last edited: May 25, 2012
  18. sautom88

sautom88 Regular Member

Mas Rosid ini orang Indo atau Malaysia sih? Kata2 'galau' itu bahasa Melayu Malaysia, nggak ada di kamus bhs Indonesia.

19. fathonezic

fathonezic Regular Member

Consultant
    menurut sumber di bawah ini, ada kok kata galau di kamus besar bahasa indonesia

V
    V
    V

http://bahasa.kompasiana.com/2012/03/23/galau-ini-arti-sebenarnya/

many sumatera's people talk with melayu as well, so, it doesn't mean that we are malaysian if we talk melayu...

#2679 fathonezic, May 25, 2012
    Last edited: May 25, 2012
  20. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Please use English. Thank you.