Hafiz not in training with coach Misbun

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by winnie, Jan 9, 2008.

1. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    grea fighting spirit?maybe.5 years ago.

now,i would prefer see myself in that court(im the worst shuttler in the world).serious.

2. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Now, Hafiz Is With Misbun Again...

from www.thestar.com.my

KUALA LUMPUR: Shuttler Mohd Hafiz Hashim will continue to show allegiance to his coach and mentor Misbun Sidek – at least until the Beijing Olympics.
    Hafiz showed up for training yesterday with renewed zest at the Putra Stadium in Bukit Jalil, which is the venue for season-opening Super Series tournament – the Malaysian Open.
    [​IMG] Hafiz: Did not deny that he had been looking for options to revive his badminton career.
    His presence quashed rumours that he would part company with Misbun. The Nusa Mahsuri player had been absent from national training camp on three occasions thus far this year.
    However, Hafiz did not deny that he had been looking for options to revive his badminton career.
    “I am still with Misbun. Yes, I missed a few days of training but I had my reasons. I was ill once and then, I had to sort out some matters with my employers (Police),” said Hafiz, who is a constable.
    “When I did not make it for training with Misbun, I make up with sessions with my club. I have not neglected training. There is nothing wrong with my relationship with Misbun.”
    Hafiz added that the last few months had been very trying on him as far as his future as badminton player was concerned.
    “I have been with Misbun for a very long time. It is disappointing when I fail him time and again. I have been constantly asking what has gone wrong and I am looking at ways to be a better player. No one can help me but myself,” he said.
    “I even had an informal talk with KLRC Bhd (another professional badminton club). I wanted to know my options if I chose to leave. For now, I have a contract with Nusa and the NSC (National Sports Council) until the Olympics and I hope to fulfil it.”
    Hafiz said that he would not make any drastic moves because he was still in with a shot to qualify for the Olympics in August.
    “This hope (of making the grade to the Olympics) is keeping me going. I am among the few players fighting for the second berth to represent the country in the Olympics. Whether I make it will depend on how I fare over the next four months.”
    A country gets two entries if both are among the top 16 in the world rankings at the end of April. Hafiz is now ranked at number 17, one rung behind veteran Wong Choong Hann and Lee Chong Wei is ranked at number two.
    In the Malaysian Open, Hafiz is drawn to play against Chong Wei in the first round.
    “It will not be easy but it is a do-or-die mission for me in every tournament over the next few months. I have to do well to keep my Olympic dream alive,” he said.
    Meanwhile, Misbun said that he would continue with his job to prepare both Chong Wei and Hafiz for the Olympics.
    “I am very open with my ways of training a player. I have no problems if a player needs some time off to train somewhere else as long as he comes back rejuvenated,” he said.
    “Hafiz thinks what he is giving in training is enough but I feel he can give more. It all depends on the players themselves. I am here just to guide them.”

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    wow, hafiz has 3 jobs:
    1. to do well in tournaments and even the olympic
    2. to prepare lcw for lin dan
    3. policeman

4. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    He is a non working Policeman.. that is at the moment. He don't carry guns or even hand cuffs.

5. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    since when has he turned into a policeman?? maybe he got that yoyo attitude from his colleagues at the working place? yes?? hehehehe..............

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    he get paid for his policeman job, right?

7. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    he is just a constable only, so probably wont get much from that job. maybe around a thousand a month??

8. Hitman71

Hitman71 Regular Member

does this mean that he is not a full time player ... ?

9. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    If Hafiz is a policeman, don't forget that Lin Dan is a PLA soldier. Both are from the discipline services.

10. sweetluv

sweetluv Regular Member

this guy has good skill but lack of discipline.. thats something very serious for a sportmen..

11. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    lack of discplined is not the problem.
    im trying to tell myself that this is the reason.but the proves are not in my side.
    misbun said hafiz is doing well with the training. the fans said he really wants to win n he struggle in his training.

12. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    last time i remembered misbun saying that HH has lost some weight in the waist...............:D:D:D:D a discipline player wouldn't have put on extra pounds in the 1st place...........LOL

13. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    hafiz is coming back to misbun,isnt he?.
    be by urself la hafiz.u need some space.without misbun for a while.

14. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

But one is a winner, while the other is a flash in the pan ala Malaysia Boleh style.
    If Hafiz is a chinese shuttler, Li Yongbo would have him skinned and dumped into the gutter ages ago. But since Hafiz is Malaysian, we will look at it from a Malaysia Boleh angle and come up with something brilliant like "the lad cant make training due to his inadequate training allowances, the solution is to increase his training allowances!" and everything will be solved!!! :D

15. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Well, Yap Kim Hock or Datuk Nazmi cant kick Hafiz out, that's for sure.............since he's not with BAM in the 1st place. Dunno what's his contract with NSC entails but he's answerable to Nusa Mahsuri 1st. They can only pressure Nusa M. to do something.

Misbun seems to have given up, to Jailani Sidek & gang to do sthing then.
    If not, then, Hafiz should retire while he's still young enuf to continue his alternate employment.

16. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Then Nusa Mahsuri should send him for those competitions on their own expense. This way, Hafiz represent his club, and not MALAYSIA. And since Hafiz is a professional with Nusa Mahsuri, he should not be entitled for those rewards under NSC etc.

17. eaglehelang

As far as I know all the while Nusa M are paying- like KLRC players. Roslin also Nusa M send, on the shirt, I think the rules say must put country name.
    But Hafiz's arrangement seems more complicated than other players.

Rewards - not sure which one you refer to. Club players not supposed to get the monthly allowance, only players under BAM payroll.

Cash incentive for winning medals/major titles is for all - I dont recall any non-BAM players winning (cos badminton has prize money already except WC, Asia Games, Commonwealth, SEA, OG, Sudirman Cup, Thomas Cup) but for other sports, yes.

Category B sports, they/their association pay their own way, when they win medal, they get incentive & reimbursement of expenses, only fair. I dont know about whether gold, silver, bronze, winner, runner-up have different reimbursement %, was not announced in local press. If they dont win medal, no reimbursement, they bear it themselves.

#37 eaglehelang, Jan 12, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2008
  18. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Maybe because of Hafiz's complicated arrangement caused the problem. This is what you get when you dish out special treatment for some.

Very simple actually, Nusa Mahsuri & KLRC players should not be entitled to any bonus incentives by the government because they are professionals.

19. eaglehelang

Yup, complicated's the word. KLRC better, very clear cut - if their players get chosen (WC, Thomas Cup, Asia Games, OG), KLRC pay all expenses.

The principal with cash incentive is a Msian citizen won a medal for Msia, iregardless of who they're attached with or where they train(some are based overseas, pay for tourneys themselves). So it's given to all across the board, they dont want to discriminate.

For badminton, it has been given for Asia Games, World Junior Champs, Asia Junior champs, SEA Games, World Champs,Olympics. You'll see it's 'medal' tournaments, but as far as I can remember no club players won those.

20. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

As long as we have such discrepancies or inconsistencies, our badminton is going nowhere.