LCW new racket 2012 anyone knows ( Yonex Voltric Z-Force ) ?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by kaifah, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Benito

Benito Regular Member

Z Force ltd is not yet available in France, so buy it in Germany is the cheapest solution I think.

2. Aryan

Aryan Regular Member

Dear bro, recently I bought a VTZF 4U and I felt it is very head heavy compared to the one I tried which was lighter, super fast and super powerful. But I seem like losing all these tricks which are the reasons for me to buy it.

Compared to the VTZF 4U that I tried, it belonged to my bro in law. He applied a layer of PU grip on top of the original grip which I think causing the racket to be lighter yet I can unleash a powerful shot especially smashing in any angles. To me, the head is slightly head heavy which is just nice for me.

For the one that I bought, I have removed the original grip and applied a layer of paper tape on the wooden handle before I applied a layer of PU grip. I like to hold the slim handle for better feel. Once I bring it to the court, I didn't feel the same as the one belongs to my bro in law. It is quite heavy at the head and I couldn't unleash powerful shot as I experienced before with it.

Would appreciate any advise. I hope I still can retain the grip size which is slim (after removing original grip) but the racket can still be light especially at the head.

3. ksquared

ksquared Regular Member

You can try overlaying one more thin grip and try it out. I have experienced different grip sizes can have a different feel and impact on my play.

4. Aryan

Aryan Regular Member

Thanks for your advise. I have put a layer of paper tape on the wooden handle before I applied the PU grip. The feel of the handle is just nice for me. If I put another thin grip on top of the PU grip, for sure it will be felt thicker to me which I can hardly grab the handle comfortably.

I am looking for another way of lighten the racket without having to thicken the grip size :confused:

Any bright ideas anyone??

5. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    Maybe really thin strings at super high tension???

Thin strings (ie. 0.66mm) should weigh less than thicker strings (ie. 0.68mm). And higher tension (30lbs) would use less string than a lower tension (ie. 24lbs). You might shave off 1-2g from the weight at the head of the racket.

6. Aryan

Aryan Regular Member

Thanks for your advise. Currently I am using BG68Ti, maybe I should use BG66UM or NS660Ti :)

7. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    I am looking for another way of lighten the racket without having to thicken the grip size :confused:
    Any bright ideas anyone??[/QUOTE]

Bro,
    Shift the centre gravity or balance point by adding a round of aluminium or lead over the shaft just on top the cone at ur handle thus ur head will felt lighter but overall racket weigth will increase of course.....

8. visor

visor Regular Member

Aryan:

The best and easiest way is for you to get a training racket, say 120-150g, and for sure you'll build up your forearm and shoulder muscles to handle the VZTF beast. :)

9. Wingu

Wingu Regular Member

Teacher
    I bought a VT-ZF yesterday and had it strung at 23lbs with BG66UM. No problems with the stickers here! Looks brand new still! The racket shop uses a Yonex string machine.

10. chilli

chilli Regular Member

optician/businessman
    You won't get the full potential with just 23 #s :eek:... that's almost factory strung tension with the less expensive pre-strung racquets. You'd need at least 26 #s, to get some control especially at the net and drop-shots.:)

11. sFrog

sFrog Regular Member

Let the frame work, not the spring bed.:p 26lbs, depending on used string would be my minimum too.

One of my 2 ZF got a broken string.

advanced level, hard hitter, control/sound/durability is more important than power

NBG95 @ 29lbs maybe? Or does BG65 at 29lbs just do it too due to that given tension?

I love the expression on the faces when you smash and the shuttle vanishes for a moment till it hits the ground. It just didn't sounded that metallic, sharp and high pitched like my unfortunately broken NS9000 S. (sure a readjustment of the swing is needed, but it can be done)

12. chilli

chilli Regular Member

optician/businessman
    Tried many different strings, and the ones with the best feel and pop are the thin ones, like Zymax 62, Maxima, and the latest BG80P which lasts the longest...tension and durability. My favourite tension has always been 26/28 #s.

13. sFrog

sFrog Regular Member

Thank you for your input. I'll go for BG80P then, I hope my stringer's got that string. Never tried it. Maybe it's the damn right time now :p

€... but NBG99 looks delicious too... and I never tried it out. I'm not so tempted to cut the NBG95 on my other ZF now.

#1213 sFrog, Jul 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
  14. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

Out of the VT-ZF and ZFLTD I would buy the limited one because I think that is coated in glossy and protective layer so it doesn't damage the stickers

15. Wingu

Wingu Regular Member

Teacher
    Each to his own friend! I've always had around 22-23 on my rackets and am pretty pleased with it! :) Thanks for the tip though. About the glossy finish vs the mat finish, both versions have the same sticker so I wonder if it really matters.

16. Stan77

Stan77 Regular Member

Wingu, do u mind sharing how much u paid for the vtzf ltd/vtzf in Japan? Was it a 4U or 3U? I'll be heading to Japan sometime next month, was thinking Bout getting few, I heard rumors saying that the vtzf ltd is out of production and amost sold off, any idea?

17. Wingu

Wingu Regular Member

Teacher
    There's a chain called Racket Shop Fuji where I usually buy my badminton goods at. Most of the shops are in the Kanto area though. The shopkeepers are really good stringers as well.

From Friday the 6th until today, Sunday the 8th, they had a sale with 30% off (of the Recommended price by the makers) on everything. I paid about 17 000 yen and it's a 4UG5. Usually the racket costs 20150 yen I think, both LTD and the usual version.At the shops I usually go to they still had plenty of LTDs left.

Otherwise you can always order online on Rakuten. The normal edition on Rakuten goes for around 19 000 yen including shipping fee, while the LTD costs a bit over 20 000. I don't know about the LTD being out of production though. I bought LCWs and Hidayats Olympic uniforms (the tank top ones) and they're already sold out. Haven't showed up since on Rakuten. Might be the same for the ZF LTD as it is after all a limited edition. If you have any friends in Japan, you could always order online to get one before they're sold out.

The normal edition comes in 3UG4 / G5 and 4UG4 / G5 while the limited edition only exists (I asked the shopkeeper) in 4UG5.

18. clawhammers

clawhammers Regular Member

I agree with Wingu San

Yonex japan website (http://www.yonex.co.jp/products/badracquet/vtzf.html) put the suggested retail price of VTZF (green) at 25,200 Yen.

I purchased VTZF (green) through Rakuten online, at 25% discounted price of 18,900 Yen.
    I also purchased VTZF Ltd (gold) from the same seller in Rakuten at the same price of 18,900 Yen.
    The delivery package of EMS Japan would calculate the weight of 900 Gram / per box containing 1 (one) racket.

In addition, the JP code of VTZF Ltd (gold) only available in 4U / G5 specs, and there is no other specs.

If Windu paid 17,000 Yen for the VTZF, then he got the discounted price at the rate of 33%. Good bargain though. :D

IMHO

19. Wingu

Wingu Regular Member

Teacher
    I bought it for a little but more than 17 000. Can't remember the exact price but it was 30% of the recommended price. Should be noted though that Racket Shop Fuji's rackets do not come stringed. If you order online from raiuten they usually offer stringed ones, although the stings are usually not from Yonex or any of the other known makers. That bing said, after I got it stringed with a BG66UM, the price was about the same as if you would buy it from Rakuten. However, a good string and quality stringing.

20. Stan77

Stan77 Regular Member

Thank u Wingu, great information, I'm afraid by the time I arrived Japan itll be sold out. About Rakuten, they r highly reliable and and do they do oversea delivery to Malaysia?