Looking for advanced player Montreal, Canada

Discussion in 'Canada East' started by Atreyukicks, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Atreyukicks

Atreyukicks Regular Member

Student
    Hi there, I am looking for an advanced level player who can help me with clears and smashes... I am having trouble with forarm pronation and body rotation. Not to mention footwork when I try to apply it in game...

Can anyone help?

2. lcc.mtl

lcc.mtl Regular Member

You can go to Centre Claude robillard, tuesday and thursday evening. There are lots of good players who can help you.

Don't be shy.

3. Atreyukicks

Student

But people go there to play usually...not to coach beginners XD :S

4. Atreyukicks

Student
    Hey lcc, would you be able to help me with clears? I noticed you posted a bunch of places to play in my badminton season 2010-2011 thread, do you play in Montreal?

5. lcc.mtl

lcc.mtl Regular Member

I'm not a good players. I have to learn from others.

6. Atreyukicks

Student
    Well it doesn't matter if you're good or not, I just need to learn pronation + body rotation. If you can help with those, you're good enough :p

So to everyone who might read this: I just need someone who can teach me body rotation + forearm rotation

#6 Atreyukicks, Oct 1, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  7. samman

samman Regular Member

There are tons training videos on youtube you can learn from them, or hire a coach :)

8. Atreyukicks

Student
    I don't want a coach, I want someone to help me for an hour or two so I can get the basics of pronation and body rotation... One guy wanted 80$ for one hour... I checked a bunch of videos, I'm getting the hang of pronation but I just can't get body rotation yet.

9. ibm88

ibm88 Regular Member

Focus on one movement only after that work on the next it will take some time

10. lcc.mtl

lcc.mtl Regular Member

11. Willy0275

Willy0275 Regular Member

Programmer
    There are many places in Montreal offering basic badminton lessons, check the City of Montreal activity guide offered every semester, I think next sessions would start in january.

Unless they're good friend of yours, I doubt anyone will really want to teach you technique just like that for free, they've got other things to do ;-)

As someone stated before, Centre Claude-Robillard has the best players I've seen in Montreal so far, many C to A players, and I've seen an elite or two there before. Maybe you can start by showing up there and looking at them play...

12. Atreyukicks

Student
    When did I say free? I offered 50$/hr to a badminton team coach (a) and he didnt have time... Anyways I dont need the coach anymore my clears are friggin awesome (because of this website actually.... look for the thread "help what am i doing wrong" and youll see a bunch of people who like helping others for free) smashes got way more power, working on speed now... lost 10 lbs, 30 more to go and i need better footwork, however i cant find any good drills... Anyways no need for classes anymore, just been watching many videos to get footwork better.... nothing yet :S

13. lcc.mtl

lcc.mtl Regular Member

"As someone stated before, Centre Claude-Robillard has the best players I've seen in Montreal so far..."

Willy0275, I agree with you. There are many good players.

I'm so happy to read this, because i play there every Tuesday and Thursday. =)

14. Willy0275

Willy0275 Regular Member

Programmer
    Hehe, then we might have seen each other, I'm the bald guy, Agassi style, playing with 2-3 older men, but sometimes with the younger asians! Well, I've been going for a year, but I'm now in Vietnam...

15. Atreyukicks

Student
    OOOOOOH then you guys might bew able to answer my questions... How many players are at claude robillard? I keep hearing theres so many people that you end up playing 5 minutes and then rotation so you play on and off for 5 minutes each time... Is this true? Can I get a solid 1 hour straight of playing with 3 of my buddies there? Whats up for pricing as well? Different people say different things...
    You might be seeing me there some tuesdays :p

16. lcc.mtl

lcc.mtl Regular Member

There is a rotation system.
    If you play singles (1 against 1), it's 10 min.
    If you play doubles (2 against 2), it's 20 min.

Please call Centre Claude Robillard telephone for exact informations : (514) 872-6900

17. Willy0275

Willy0275 Regular Member

Programmer
    As for the amount of time you can play, sometimes there's not that many people and as soon as you finish rotation (20 minutes when playing double) you can find another court right away, so you can pretty much play non stop. But some other times it's true there's many people, and after playing 20 minutes, you have to wait 20-30 minutes to play again. It doesn't happen a lot, but it happens. In my experience, there's less people on thursdays than tuesdays. Also, please note that under 18 years olds are not allowed to play there after 19h00, so usually the crowd is younger before 19h00...

18. Atreyukicks

Student
    Dammit, this means I can't play there :( I already play with my friends in verdun on tuesdays from 6:39-9pm and thursdays (most of them) I am booked with school, work and a gf lol. I think the under 18 rule is quite nice, I don't know or remember anyone who could play well enough and compete enough with older people. When I was 18, I sucked and thought I was the best....then college comes and you mature and you come to accept peoples advice and want to get better :p

19. Atreyukicks

Student
    By the way, if ever you guys want to play I rent courts at high school Mgr Richard in verdun every tuesday night. The courts cost me 10$/hour (they usually let us stay for 3 hours even if we only reserved one hour) split by however many we are. So if ever Claude robillard is closed one tuesday, send me a PM :p