Thomas & Uber Cups Preliminaries Asia Zone 2008: Day 6 Final

Discussion in 'Thomas / Uber Cup Prelim 2008' started by bidapower, Feb 23, 2008.

1. champion8

champion8 Regular Member

its is never easy to be a player. I was told if u win u are a hero but if u loses u are a Zero.

When u win everybody surround u and when u loses u cries alone. I am sure when TBH/KKK lost they feel bad... so do Zakry/Fairus. I am sure Lydia also find it difficult to get over it.But this is reality and they have to face it with a brave face and come back stronger.There is merit and pain being a public figure.
    Mental development is important and i feel that most player needs it.We have to encourage them and find a solution to their problem.

2. Hitman71

Hitman71 Regular Member

Maybe the problem with the MD is that they played exactly like they were told. They don't dare to do any changes coz then they will be scolded. This make their game easier to predict and any good MD can beat them with the right tactic and preparations. The Korea MD team seems like they know exactly what they are doing and seems to anticipate correctly most of the time, while Mas MD seems clueless ....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

But maybe they were told not to show their opponents everything they got. (There was a time when kor was leading 13-3, and ZL/FT suddenly got 9 points straight to make it 13-12.)

So lets wait and see how they perform in the AE.

#562 Hitman71, Feb 24, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2008
  3. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Yeah, line-up player of both MAS and KOR Thomas teams was unbalance yesterday but the result wasn't describe it when that final day must be decided by last match.

MAS overcame KOR with unconvincing mode, how come two MAS MD pairs as point contributor lost to KOR 'abnormal' pairs, big disappointment. Mental crisis or overconfidence effect?!

From this preliminary stage, definitely KOR is really dangerous dark horse who can deny any fave Thomas team to win the trophy including INA and title-holder CHN.

Just flashback to Doha Asian Games December/06 Men's Team event, KOR had created upset at that time to dump seeding team MAS 3-1 at semifinal and they even almost won over giant CHN in finale, lost 2-3. Any surprise again from the Ginseng squad in upcoming May Final?

4. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

What's this upset about MAS performance? MAS still emerge champions, right?
    What 's so inferior about a scratch pair? Scratch pairs of decent skills have an advantage over top seeded pairs because they know all about their opponents while their better ranked opponents will take at least one game to know how they play ,then another game to test out winning tactics by which time, with the NSS, the match would be over.
    Remember koo/tan won their titles with the benefit of being a scratch pair?
    There's no shame in Fuzzy (referring to Fairuz/zakry) losing. PSH showed that one MS is equivalent to one MD so together with Hwang, that's 3 players on the KOR side! 2 players against effectively 3? No chance.
    In fact, PSH's body language was so funny.He was like finding the court too small, trying to move to MS base at the centre, willing Hwang to orbit around him like a satellite...When he had moved to MD base once and a shot came to him, he was like,surprise! 'Oh, here comes the shuttle' He returned once, twice,thrice and won the point.'Wah , MD's so easy to play, no need to run all over court when you have MS experience.Some more can wear specs for fun.'(He removed that non-badminton weapon right after the match)
    Come to think of it...would PSH wear specs to play LD in AE08? That might not be a bad idea,since judging from LD's funny request in HK07,anything plastic can deflect his focus!)

5. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

I am glad that KKK-TBH and Zakry-Fairuz lost before the AE. It gives them something to think about.

For KKK-TBH, it was a close match against a top pair - it wasn't a thrashing. So, all they need, maybe, is to fine-tune it with Rexy further before the AE. They did show brilliance at times. So I am still very hopeful they will turn around.

I cannot say too much for Zakry-Fairuz -- it will be harder for them. There is a lot of indecision in their play, as if they are still learning to play together. Maybe next year.

6. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

I just went to tournamentsoftware.com minutes ago to find out the result of the final, and for a min I thought they made a mistake on the names that they confused LYD's name with PSH. But guess what, I am wrong. PSH played double against 3rd Mas's MD and WON! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Now if somebody captured this match by any chance then please have it upload and share. Also the match between Yoyo and LYD. It must be very interesting to see single player to play double and vise versa.

I think HTK(Korea's coach) never expected PSH and LYD get to play so he just filled the names randomly... LOL

Surprise.

7. Hitman71

Hitman71 Regular Member

HH vs LYD :D :D :D,.... Its just funny to watch LYD playing MS. :D :D
    Frankly, I think that LYD really doesn't expect him to play the 3rd MS. hahahaha and PSH playing MD wearing spec, LOL and win :D :D

8. yyclub

yyclub Regular Member

I think it is humiliation for Malaysia MD. Overall result Malaysia wins but what has gone through the top pair and 3rd pair? Badminton is a knockout game how can you play good in a game a lose to some new form pair the next game?

9. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Why not? Not the celebration sort of high five. More like "We tried and we lost. High five."

Just because an act is not brainless does not mean it is brainy.

Every village has an idiot (metaphorically, but I think it has to be true). You should not be embarrased just because your village has one.

Just look at this forum and see the number of embarrasments your countrymen can give you. For me, no matter what, they are still my countrymen. I may not agree with some of them, but I don't feel embarrased by them also. If they don't commit crime, just let them be.

10. champion8

champion8 Regular Member

yup agreed with u. I for one wish that there are more moral support. I believe they have all tried.

11. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Luckily they didn't pair PSH with LHI. Even KKK/TBH would look like idiots :)

LCW/LD v TH/PG - who would win? :)

Other than that, I agree with you. People here analyse too much on a tie that is not important. KKK/TBH were only 2 points away from making it 3-0 for MAS. And KOR doubles are always strong, scratch or not.

The only worrying thing for me is TBH. He needs to develop a thick skin.

12. Silencer

Silencer Regular Member

can any1 upload the match of HH vs LYD? pls in youtube?

13. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

i would love to see all the matches, i enjoy watching unorthodox games.

14. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    I hope you guys dont misinterpret my embarrassment for the loss of both MD to lower ranked pairs, even PSH. It's a game, there will always winner or loser.

It's that gesture (doing high five even after losing that point terribly) which is sometimes very inappropriate. They can give a pat on the butt with the racquet (i've always do that) to signal their partner that it's ok to make that mistakes or apology accepted.

High Five is meant to celebrate something right? for eg when winning a meaningful long rally or after winning the match.

Hcyong, back to that question, if you think that it's right and not embarrassing to give a "high five" after getting a dunk from the opponent, why wouldn't you do that? (i ask you that question b4 and u said u won't do it, right?)

I have watched a game at a pub sometime ago where the dwarf duo did the same thing (CO final im not mistaken)..........When i saw that, i felt very weird while one gentlemen next to my table made a look on his face when he saw that "high five" (that type of face expression as if he had seen a guy cleaning his nose with his finger on public place, "eeeeeeeeeeeewwwwww"). BRAINLESS ACT............:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

15. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Aerotus already uploaded in Badminton Tournament Sharing thread.

Yup.

16. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

since when park sung hwan wears spectacles??
    i think he forgot to bring contact lens to vietnam or forgot to bring to the stadium and leave it in the hotel,..

17. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

wah, pSH sits on a diferrent plane with some of his teamates when he flew to German yesterday.

18. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Do you do every single thing that you think is right and not embarrassing? There are many ways to do something and none of them is wrong nor embarrassing, but people just tend to do the one thing that they usually do.

In fact, calling other people brainless is not the right thing to do.

19. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    but u did say it's childish and awkward, right? if it's my brother tat did something childish or awkward in the TV, i will feel embarrassed. is that simple enough to understand? I hope this is not too confusing for you to comprehend since you seemed like a smart man.

my bad on that part to say it's brainless.......:eek: but i still think that it is.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D sorry........

#579 alfa-2, Feb 25, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2008
  20. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    CTF is busy chatting with HTK.:)