APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. ycwong119

ycwong119 Regular Member

Engineer
    Yo guys, tried out my Edge Saber 10 and NP7700 yesterday!! Wonderful feelings man, I did some amazing strokes which I fail to do with my old racquets!

Ha, I eventually won all my opponents yesterday even they are better players than I am... But... I guess I was too excited and over strained my right shoulder :(

I am kinda adore ES10 > NP7700, the maneuverability is just perfect. I am able to place the shuttle at the area I wanted and it does good smashing as well. I wasn't expecting that much earlier as I thought that skills and techniques contribute 90% of it but now I and convinced that racquect did more that that!!

NP7700 does powerful samshing with its head heavier but as I said, ES10 is more balance one in all aspects!!

Anyway, I am keeping both and switching them in my plays.... :)

So good luck Shiryu, salute to APACS!!!

#701 ycwong119, May 25, 2008
    Last edited: May 25, 2008
  2. terror

terror Regular Member

I currently play with a Yonex AT900T, but unlike previous rackets which have passed through my hands, this one feels a bit "wobbly" when i hit the shuttles.

A friend recommended that i buy the Yonex Arcsaber10, but thats way off my budget. So he told me to get the Apacs Edgesaber10 instead. My question is, does the Edgesaber10 score well in the stability department?

Another question for those who have Apacs rackets with the words "slim shaft" or something similar on them. Are these shafts really slimmer than usual? Visually, its easy to tell that Pro-ace rackets with the words "slim shaft" do NOT have slimmer shafts. Since Pro-ace and Apacs are now together (they have merged, haven't they?), im just afraid Apacs may use such gimmicks to attract buyers as well

3. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    interesting... wobbly as in unstable? are you using 3u or 4u at900t?

imho if you are used to yonex rackets with that 'solid' feel, you may not find that same feel in say apacs es10, unless you get the higher end apacs models eg. nano pro series or those models with 40-tonne or 50-tonne graphite. it would cost more for these models. just my two cents.

4. Rubicon

Rubicon Regular Member

Any reviews on their shoes? cause im too cheap to go for other shoes, and APACS, does look like it provide some mighty nice ones

5. blchee

blchee Regular Member

Macalister Road? Is it the coffee shop lane, sole proprietor type, small shop.

Anyway, I will get my VHS1800 soon, hope can fit in well in this investment.

6. terror

terror Regular Member

I guess unstable could be the word as well. I used to play with a 2U Hart Maestro 9200 Tour (that was ages back) then a Pro-ace MP99 clone, another Pro-ace racket (dont rmb the model, it isnt mine), Yonex AT800DE and now Yonex AT900T. My AT900T is 3U. Well supposedly, since i got it from a trade and that sticker with the U and G specifications got removed; ill have to trust the other party's words.

The previous rackets didnt seem to have their heads slightly tilted to the sides after harder shots. Im still trying to play with it more to see if it is because of the vastly different tensions. Im used to the 26-27lbs range while this one is strung at 23lbs.

And honestly, im thinking it could be due to technique as well. Im pretty sure ive been gripping the racket wrongly for some time (again!:( thx to a kind soul who pointed it out to me recently). Bad habits are hard to kick off

Anyway the ES10 is still within my budget. Maybe its time to get a backup:cool:. Only got 2 rackets still usable, and the MP99 clone is really old now.

7. bsloh

bsloh Regular Member

student
    hi, i m new. May i know apacs nanopower 900 and edgesaber 10, which one is more suitable to play double?

8. ycwong119

ycwong119 Regular Member

Engineer
    On second thought, i am kinda liking the Nano 7700 more now.... It gaves me the power shot that i want and perform good defence at the same time... At least i fail to have the same feelign with my ES10.... :eek:

9. ycwong119

ycwong119 Regular Member

Engineer
    I dunno, u may just grab both and rotate them in your play and you will learn from you feeling while playing....

From what i know, there is no such classification that which is suitable for single or double (maybe there is such ruling, but i never heard of it)...:p

10. bsloh

bsloh Regular Member

student
    thanks a lot. mayb i will try my friend edgesaber 7 1st b4 i buy edgesaber 10. thanks..... i can get edgesaber 10 only rm80 at my place there.

11. ignatio103

ignatio103 Regular Member

it
    Pc1100

CURRENTLY me is using yonexmp55 . the apacs pc1100 i m having is too lite to my liking . As such is the vh1800 or nano900p heavier or comparable to mp55?:confused:

12. angelus_2012

angelus_2012 Regular Member

i used mp55 too but it is very heavy, there's a large difference swinging mp55 compared to other rackets. its hard to swing, hard to defense but packs lots of power. get tired after using it for years.

the apacs edgesaber 10 is full of stock in a local shop here in batu pahat, sells at RM120 each. nice color, but i don't like the precaution warning sign printed on the racket's shaft. make players feel childish :)

i saw nano 900 power there, selling for rm110 each.

its true that apacs rackets sells way cheaper than yonex rackets, would want to try apacs rackets someday.

13. Gigabit

Gigabit Regular Member

Banker
    Hi. the edge saber 10 selling at RM120 at your local shop is inclusive of string and bag?

14. lelynx

lelynx Regular Member

If u want to get similar deal at Klang Valley, try AJ shop at Bdr Puteri Puchong...
    They *may* able to offer the same price... ;)

15. Skanbuzz

Skanbuzz Regular Member

Construction
    Hi Apacs Friends,

Could anyone able to post the specification for the Apacs Armor Muscle pro range & if possible the price guide too.

Any experience/review with the rackets will be appreciated too.
    Can't find much on Apacs website

Thanks

16. hoiboy79

hoiboy79 Regular Member

17. hoiboy79

hoiboy79 Regular Member

www.apacscanada.com

This site has the most accurate specs for APACS rackets IMO. I just bought an Armor Muscle Pro 90 myself, but not from this site. I got it for RM200 so about $64 USD.

18. tittymat

tittymat Regular Member

IT
    Can Anyone Help Me To Get This Racquet In India. Or Guide Me Any Reliable Resources Who Can Ship To India

19. deglow

deglow Regular Member

jobless
    bsloh, where can get this racket at RM80? so cheap...

20. ThunderCloud

ThunderCloud Regular Member

Does anyone knows if APACS Canada still gives you free bag with racket?

I don't see it mentioned anywhere in the website. :(

A 3 compartment bag would be really nice, but they charge $60 for one on the site while the racket I bought was only $70!