Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    I do not buy any excuses from LD in last 3 tournaments..I saw in HKG Open..he was perfectly healthy, shopping in HKG and got married few days later in GZ...he clearly said to newpapers that he was fatique at that time. not injury....so why BWF did not look at that statement he made to media? at least he was honest about it...

2. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Told you it was LYB pulling the strings. As great as he is, LD is just another CBA puppet.

3. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Again, I do not think it is LD's idea, more likely LYB asked him...I know some CHN players do not like the idea of being asked to give WO to others..thats I know.Thats sad!

4. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    I am with you on this except to me, LD needs LCW and vice versa, (and TH of 2005, not TH of today) to really enjoy watching the game. For fans who wanna see a 'guarantee' LCW victory, of course, without LD that would make things a lot easier.
    I have stated I support malaysian badminton, especially, especially those players who never make it and there are plenty of them. But I admire what LD has achieved, it is not easy to do and I would pay to see him play...LCW only.

5. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    LX-JYJ, I don't understand WO, it is all CHN SFs. So, what is official BWF announcement on this? Without back-up to support WO, we are all guessing.
    So, I will attempt my wild, wild guess. Here it goes....LX is buddy with JYJ or dating JYJ's brother, or LX hates WSX for stealing her bf and LX knows JYJ has a good record against WSX, so LX does a WO to rest JYJ so JYJ would be fresh against WSX. LX also gets 10% commission from JYJ should JYJ beat WSX...so you see, there is no conincidence and no bull-sh either...just guessing you know;):D

6. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Haha, Hollywood beckons your Soap Opera script writing skills :D

7. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Hahaha!!! just some humour...bye guys, for now, off to meeting. Talk to you fellas later tonight...cheers:):D

8. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    Lin Dan Injury

Its probably team order from the you know who

I am sure hardly any bc members think it's a real injury this time.

Btw, what are the chances for a real injury given 3 occurrences in 3 tournaments

Anyone here good in probability count in maths on this ? :D

9. wilcan

wilcan Regular Member

student
    I believe this statement, even LD get injury he still going to play i think

10. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

I agree with Huang Kok Hau.

Injury or not i think LD would still play if his QF opponent was not Chen Long of all people.

Probably every player carries some injury but if its not worth playing because there are no OLY points,

and it is only a small tournament, it seems better to allow CL a chance to play LCW and then record the game for future study.

Look how Taufik retired in the Masters because of a small injury.

I think LD will still give a WO again if he meets CL or Wang Zheng Min in future SS's to allow them to play the masters.

It is the duty of the senior to help the junior, that's why they have a good team.

Of course to many it is unsporting and they are robbed of a chance to watch him play.

11. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    You write very well, good points. I am sure to the majority of the spectators and fans, the LD-LCW SF matchup would be the mother of all game in this MO11. When pjswift said LD was in top form and we know LCW plays very well at home, I was looking forward to this matchup, sure I am disappointed. If LD managed to get through to the doc and BWF, then he played the card very well, using them as a tool for a WO. MO may be small title with WR points, I would have thought LD may want to win one, and IO too as his legacy. Maybe not.

12. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Let CHN team do whatever they want to do. Once this so called golden generation is gone, LYB will be finished.

I only have one word to say about LD 3 times withdrawals: CHEATING. And Cheater = Loser, so regardless if LD wins a thousand titles he's still a loser. If the reason is to follow LYB order, that does make him any better either. This will be his legacy, arguably the best ever player in history bowing to a team manager to loose matches.

You can argue the world that no rule has been broken, but its certainly has been manipulated. And I also think the withdrawal in MO is a total disrepect to the Malaysians. Why even turn up if they think MO title is not good enough for LD to win?? Isn't it the same as saying MO is a second tier tournament not as important as OG?? MO is surely not as important as OG, but to say that in their face?? In front of Malaysian crowd?? LYB must have ran out of sensitivity and simply doesn't care whatsoever others think/feel.

13. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    Otb, sure Lin Dan wants to win malaysian open, it's just that he couldn't get the passport.

Passport depends on playing with a Malaysian kitten or a Malaysian tiger.lol

I certainly hope this doesn't keep happening, it's a humiliation to bwf :eek:

14. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    I only have one word to say about LD 3 times withdrawals: CHEATING

I hope there would be some LD's fans out there at BC reading your post and informing LD about what you have said.

As for me, I would send a message to Lin Dan; hoping that he would recover ASAP, so that he would not disappoint the Korean spectators (who have bought tickets to watch him play).

15. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    :cool:
    This post is best read by bwf committee,

If like this, better withdraw forever:D

16. alexyong

alexyong Regular Member

So many LD haters here.. even with a valid WO reason from a MALAYSIAN doctor.

Have you no shame of wanting to fight an injured person that badly? and some even accused him for being "unsporting". Sore losers will always be sore losers, LD had already proven enough. End of story.

17. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Have you no shame of wanting to fight an injured person that badly?

Don't look at things so negatively. I think most of the comments here are telling Lin Dan to miss tournaments when he is not 100% fit.

If he enters a tournament and then withdraws during the rounds of play, it would only make spectators (who have bought expensive tickets to watch him play) disappointed.

Our BCers can criticise Lin Dan as much as they want to. But Lin Dan is the person who knows about his injury.

IMHO, he should withdraw from the coming 2011 Korea Open PSS, coming up next week, before he upsets more people.

#1817 chris-ccc, Jan 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
  18. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    You can't even read properly in this thread

but you sure know how to criticize bc members :eek:

Nobody blames directly at Lin Dan for the injury :D

Shame on you trying to be Lin Dan spokesman who can't even read :D

19. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

You know... people do blame Lin Dan.. I see many people claiming they are disgusted, etc. but I personally think its LYB's fault. Btw, that guy is a LCW hater, so whatever he said would turn 180 degrees if it was LCW who withdrew against a team-mate.

20. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Your hope will be dashed as this WO thingie will continue, it ain't gonna stop. To prevent top 10 players not playing SS, BWF lay down rules that these players have to play all the biggie SS and at least 4 other SS. On WO thingie, what is BWF gonna do, BWF has its own malaysian doc checked LD and a medical leave was granted, so there you can go figure out what can stop this and until BWF and you can figure out, the show continues...and that is my point here, not whether LD injury is fake or not.
    There is so much emotion, quite like anger here, I can see fans who paid good $$$ hoping for a LD-LCW got disappointed and 'cheated' when the SF is almost within reach, but net surfers???:confused:
    One question to you, if you are LYB as manager (this is your job, not a net surfer), who is paid to win and your huge bonus cheque and golden rice bowl of not getting fired depends on winning and winning majors, given the oppportunity to match fix and not violating BWF rules, honest to god, you would not do it?;)