TBS/OSH and GTC/LWF

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by eaglehelang, Jan 21, 2008.

1. hyu =)

hyu =) Regular Member

Yayness!!!

LOL! Yeah!!! very happy till i teared!!! actually he would still be playing badminton if he remained on his stand to quit, but at least now i don't have to worry abt their sponsorship and other factors!!!

Really happy that something good came out of this, that the authorities will look into the four shuttlers' grouses and assure them of their future! so i guess after this, they won't be neglected out of SS! YAYYY!

And very touched by the players. throughout this they did not insult BAM or rexy, even thanked them for bringing them thus far. and even put up with all the insults and negative comments directed at them. love their attitude! :D

one word: YAYNESS!!! :D

2. hyu =)

hyu =) Regular Member

oh my gosh. i just realised something.

it should have been: Hyu will be very happy HER hero is still playing baddy.

if not... if you go and see all my posts, tt will make me damn gay man! LOL!

3. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Is ok, some male BCers go very crazy over their fav players too.

This will make you even happier, the 4 muskeeters will be featured in AE & Swiss Open :
    from The Star

Men’s doubles pairs get to compete in more Opens

KUALA LUMPUR: The wishes of two national men's doubles pairs to compete in more Open international tournaments have been granted.

Tan Bin Shen-Ong Soon Hock and Gan Teik Chai-Woon Lin Fui, who did not get to play in the Korean Open last week, are expected to be in the Badminton Association of Malaysia's (BAM) list for the back-to-back All-England and Swiss Open tournaments.

The official list of players for the two tournaments in Birmingham from March 4-9 and Basel from March 11-16 will be released today.

Yesterday, the four shuttlers had a two-hour meeting with BAM general manager Kenny Goh.

“Yes, we spoke about their programme for the year and the All-England and Swiss Open are part of it. I will get back to their coaches, Yap Kim Hock (chief coach) and Rexy Mainaky (doubles coach), for their advice,” said Kenny.

By including the two pairs, Malaysia are expected to have five elite men's pairs for the two tournaments.

The top three ranked national pairs – Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong, Choong Tan Fook-Lee Wan Wah and Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari-Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif – will be out to win valuable Olympic ranking points in those tournaments.

Kien Keat-Boon Heong are the defending champions in both the All-England and Swiss Open and they need to do well to regain their world number one spot after falling to number three in the latest ranking list released last week.

Previously, the men's pairs had to participate in trials to compete in Open tournament and the top three were selected.
    Kenny added that they also had a discussion on the welfare of the players. However, he said that a decision on personal sponsorship for players had not been finalised.
    “We met them to give them assurances that their services are still needed. We talked about their programme and how we want to go about carrying them out,” he said.

Soon Hock-Bin Shen and Teik Chai-Woon Fui, who are now ranked at number 21 and 31 respectively, are happy that they would get to compete in internationals again.
    “Hopefully, we will be able to give good showings in these tournaments. We are happy that the BAM are putting in efforts to meet our needs,” said Teik Chai, who reached the All-England semi-finals partnering Zakry in 2006.

5 pairs? Should be 6, plus Hoon/Wee Kiong

4. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    It mentioned 5 Elite Pairs for the 2 tournaments. Hoon/Wee Kiong not included.

5. hyu =)

hyu =) Regular Member

Yeah i saw!!! :D It's my routine to go to sports section of The Star and then come to BC whenever i come online. thanks anyway eaglehelang!

oh yes and i absolutely hate it when newspapers get woon fui's name wrong! Happened several times alr! this time --> Tan Bin Shen-Ong Soon Hock and Gan Teik Chai-Woon Lin Fui, who did not get to play in the Korean Open last week... LIKE HELLO?!

HURMMMPHHHH

6. eaglehelang

I also check the malay newspapers. You understand the malay version?
    The post is for all others to read later, stimes it's not in archives

7. eaglehelang

from Harian Metro

Intv with Zakry

Latihan mantap(Solid Training)

Oleh Sufian Thauri Muhammed
    sufianthauri@hmetro.com.my

KEHADIRAN semula dua beregu, Tan Bin Shen-Ong Soon Hock dan Gan Teik Chai-Lin Woon Fui ke pangkuan pasukan badminton negara membolehkan persiapan lebih rapi diatur untuk menghadapi semua kejohanan yang bakal berlangsung.

The return of 2 pairs, TBS/OSH, GTC/LWF to the national squad enables a more complete preparation for upcoming tournaments.

Pemain beregu, Mohd Zakry Latif, berkata kepelbagaian corak permainan dua beregu itu akan membantu pasangan lain dalam persediaan menghadapi lawan.

“Kami mempunyai enam beregu dalam pasukan sekarang dan semua mempunyai corak permainan berbeza.

Zakry Latif said the different styles of playing of the 2 pairs will help the other pairs to be ready to face opponents.
    "We have 6 pairs in the team & all have different playing styles."

“Bin Shen-Soon Hock banyak bermain bulu tangkis rendah dan pantas apabila memintas manakala Teik Chai-Woon Fui mempunyai corak permainan bertahan yang baik.

“Apabila mereka kembali ke dalam pasukan, saya gembira kerana ia satu keputusan yang baik bukan saja untuk mereka, tapi juga kepada rakan sepasukan.
    "TBC/OSH are good in playing the shuttle low & fast in blocking while GTC/LWF have good defence."
    "When they came back, I'm happy cos it's a good decision not only for them but for team mates."

“Kehadiran mereka sebagai rakan sepelatih akan membuatkan kami berada dalam keadaan lebih bersedia untuk menghadapi lawan dari negara lain yang pastinya mempunyai pelbagai corak permainan,” katanya.

"Their presence as sparring partners will ensure we are in better state of readiness to face opponents of various playing styles."

Dua beregu itu mengambil keputusan kembali menyertai kem pasukan negara selepas mengadakan pertemuan dengan Ketua Pengarah Majlis Sukan Negara, Datuk Zolkples Embong, minggu lalu.

Seminggu sebelum itu, mereka melakukan kejutan apabila meletakkan jawatan daripada Persatuan Badminton Malaysia (BAM) ketika Terbuka Malaysia berlangsung.
    Summary of what happened last wk.

Sementara itu, pemain badminton negara kini dalam persiapan untuk menghadapi pusingan kelayakan Piala Thomas/Uber di Ho Chi Minh, bulan depan.

Antara pemain yang mendapat tempat dalam skuad Piala Thomas adalah adik Zakry, Mohd Arif Latif.

Meanwhile, national is preparing for Thomas/Uber Cup qualifiers next month.
    Among the players that gained a place TC squad is Zakry's younger bro Mohd Arif.

Pemilihannya mengejutkan kerana mengenepikan beberapa pemain senior yang memiliki ranking dunia lebih baik daripadanya termasuk Roslin Hashim dan Lee Tsuen Seng.

“Saya sudah berpesan kepadanya supaya membuktikan pemilihannya bukan kesilapan. Dia perlu membuktikan keupayaan dan menimba pengalaman sepenuhnya daripada kejohanan itu,” kata Zakry.

Arif yang juga pemain skuad Projek 2010-2012 muncul naib juara perseorangan lelaki Kejohanan Badminton Remaja Asia, tahun lalu

The selection was a surprise as higher ranking senior players like Roslin & LTS were not chosen.

Zakry-"I told him to prove that his selection was not a mistake. He needs to prove his capability & gather as much experience as possible from this."

Arif, now Project 2010-2012 player, was runner -up Asia Junior Champ 2007.

8. hyu =)

hyu =) Regular Member

Nope, don't understand the malay version. thanks for all the translations!

And woon fui is actually quite a good attacking player too! =D