Voltric 80 V Arcsaber Z Slash

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by drew tze en, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Swiftlegend

Swiftlegend Regular Member

Student
    I am now in this position of chosing between the VT80 and ARC Z-slash. My ARC10 is old and not in the best condition... I found that my ARC10 was dull and too stiff for my liking, I could never flex the shaft. I realise that both these rackets will add power to my smash and thats what I want. I have played with the VT80 momentarily and I could feel the flex in the shaft straight away but it did feel a tad head heavier than I'd have liked - I felt that is was too head heavy for my backhand, but I am used to my ARC10. How would you guys rate the stiffness of a z-slash against the stiffness of an ARC10 or VT80? I have also played with a VT70 (some may compare this to a z-slash) and I absolutely hated it. It felt like a weaker ARC10 and was too headlight for me (did have a thick grip though). Ahhhhhhhhhh decisions decisions

2. LoOpEdd

LoOpEdd Regular Member

School
    I think you are correct, my experience with bad frame hits is that your strings break... Which in most cases are cheaper :p Naturally the painting can wear off due to bad frame hits, but nothing of importance ;) Back to ASZS: It realy is hard to hit "clean" in the start, but you get used to it ;) But as you said, it wont be a big threat to the frame I think ;) Ofc with very many bad frame hits and a ridicoulsly bad luck, then maybe :p

3. LoOpEdd

LoOpEdd Regular Member

School
    I have both rackets, and I myself use the Voltric 80 becaus I find them light and at the same time brings a pack of power. This ofc can be different from player to player, but here is my thoughts about the Voltric 80 compared to the Z-slash ;) : When it comes to flex, I would say the slash is a little more "flexy". Both rackets brings a grat pack of power, but when you play with the slash it is harder to get the full power out of the racket due to the small sweet spot, but on the Voltric 80 it is not an issue. Z-slash is a very difficult racket to play with, but if you have a great day (in terms of play) it is a brilliant racket. In an attacking possition they are about the same, both brilliant! When it comes to defense, the Voltric 80 is slightly better due to the larger frame, but they are about the same. In terms of flat play they are both very good, but I will have to give it to the Voltric becaus it is lighter. But you must remember that when you first try the slash, you might think it sucks, and you might even completely miss the shuttle becaus of the "Zero" air resistance. And also remember that in the end it is your opinion that matters ;)
    I totally agree, I've played with Voltric 70, but after the Voltric 80 came out I found it alot better, it is as you say, it is waaay to light ;) Hope this could be of assistance, and good luck ;)

4. Swiftlegend

Student
    Thanks Ed, I have played with both and I remember thinking when playing with the Z-slash it felt a bit heavy but the VT80 felt nicer. I think i've made up my mind :) I'm not a fast swinger and more of an arm player so I think I won't take the risk and go with the VT80.

5. LoOpEdd

LoOpEdd Regular Member

School
    NP, man! Hope you will be satisfied! ;)

6. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

Good luck! If you like slightly high tensions
    Voltric 80 + BG66UM @ 26lbs (2 knot) = WOW!!!!

7. Swiftlegend

Student
    About an hour ago I decided on the VT80 but now I keep thinking about it, and reading your posts towards the start of the thread keep making me go back and forth. I'll wait till Monday, have another hit with a friend's and then make my decision. And then i'll have to chose between 3U and 4U. Atm I'm using a 3U Arc 10, I have a 4U BS12 which is too light, but a VT80 head heavy BS12 weight sounds really good in my mind.

8. drew tze en

Sorry to confuse you....
    I use a 4U VT-80, I haven't used a Victor racket before, which means I don't have any experience with them. At first you might not like the racket you try because
    1. The grip and strings aren't what you like
    2. The weight isn't what you like

I forgot to mention on this thread that I bought a Voltric 80

9. drew tze en

I now use a Voltric 80, You don't have to take this in but I personally feel that the weight in the head of the VT-80 is really good for smashing... I played in Club Men's Doubles Tournament and the weight in the head really help me smashing and getting the angles I wanted.

I still like playing with my Arcsaber Z-Slash TH but I don't like the tension on my racket so I have been using my VT-80

10. Swiftlegend

Student
    Maybe I ask how you got a 4U un the UK? Import?

11. drew tze en

12. LoOpEdd

LoOpEdd Regular Member

School
    Hi again! :) In my country we don't get to chose between 3U and 4U so I dont know much about it. Is it the size difference in the handle that is the only difference, or is it anything else? Becaus I have 2 Voltric 80, and it seems one is 3U and the other is 4U...

13. drew tze en

3U and 4U are the weight of the racket, G3,4,5 are grip sizes

14. LoOpEdd

LoOpEdd Regular Member

School
  15. LoOpEdd

LoOpEdd Regular Member

School
    Ah, THX! =D

16. Swiftlegend

Student
    Ye they're very legit. Btw which do you prefer, your 3U or your 4U? or can't you tell the difference? I'm gonna trawl the VT80 thread and see what people say :)

#96 Swiftlegend, Apr 14, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
  17. LoOpEdd

LoOpEdd Regular Member

School
    I really don't know which one is which :p When you mention in there might be a slight differnce, but nothing worth your consideration, in my opinion without further testing. Can I just ask what you guys think about the new nanoray series, or the new Voltric LTD rackets? Any1 got theyr hands on some of them?

18. LoOpEdd

LoOpEdd Regular Member

School
    BTW: Good that they are legit, thx! ;)

19. drew tze en

If you want speed you should either get a Voltric 70 or Nanoray. I don't like the nanoray series because the frame is rather thick and doesn't look aerodynamic but these are my impressions I haven't been able to test this racket.

Members of this forum say the 3U VT-80 is better for Singles and 4U VT-80 is better for Doubles.

20. Swiftlegend

Student
    Its whether I buy one from the UK and get the 3U version - but I am able to return it easily. Or go for the 4U version and get it imported but risk not getting along with it and can't send it back.