Zymax strings

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Lobeh, Jul 24, 2009.

1. visor

visor Regular Member

yep... .........

2. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    27 lbs. By the way, you sound like the F...... guy if you know what I mean

3. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    Yeah...he's my long-lost twin brother...
    NOT!!!

4. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    Lol...guess I should just drop the honorific "bro" so as not to b misunderstood ; p

5. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    My 2cents review of ZyMax 65 & 62.

Strung two 4u TK-6ooo with ZyMax-65 @26/25 lbs & ZyMax-62 @27/26 lbs. Strung ZyMax-65 at lower tension coz am trying to find the right tension, starting from 25/24 lbs. Whereas for ZyMax-62, just jumped on the bandwagon to try it @27/26 lbs as hyped by BCers here.

Find ZyMax-62 to be very repulsive. In fact, too repulsive to my liking. For clears n flat drives, the birdie often went out of court. Not easy on the wallet too as the string broke twice in ten days. Now, by no means am saying the string is bad. It is simply just not for me. Perhaps, ZyMax-62 suit those who can't clear from one end to the other.

On the other hand, ZyMax-65 seems perfect. Though not as repulsive as ZyMax-62, it has the right amount of repulsiveness for effortless deep clears n flat drives. It is equally responsive, if not slightly less, than ZyMax-62. Smash angles were steeper n felt more powerful. Durability is presumably better n I will require more time to determine that.

Overall, in my personal experience, ZyMax-65 feels more solid n performs one to two notches better than ZyMax-62. In short, may have found my ultimate string.
    ( ^.^)

Next, am testing ZyMax-65 at higher tension @27/26 lbs to c what's the best tension. Also looking at VS-850 for comparison.

6. swunk

swunk Regular Member

i find zm65 and vs850 quite alike. 850 has a tad more feedback on the shots, but seemed a bit less durable (although might have been a bad streak with some unfortunate mishits).
    still zm65 is a perfect repulsion/control/durability/price combination

7. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>

ZyMax-65 is indeed an excellent string.

But, imo both strings don't feel the same or play the same. VS-850 is 0.68mm thick n ZyMax-65 is 0.65mm thick. Between the two, there is 0.03mm thickness difference. This difference plus the different texture of both strings (VS-850 is smooth while ZyMax-65 is rough, making it grippy) translate into very different play imo.

On the contrary, feel that ZyMax-65 is a notch, if not more, more alive than VS-850. Main reason am trying out the latter is bcoz the feeling from VS-850 is harder n more solid. The only drawback like u said is its durability in that it loses tension pretty quick.

8. phaaam

phaaam Regular Member

Tried out both ZM62 and ZM65 last night. I was playing plastics so that might have changed things. Either way, my clears just didn't get the height and distance I usually get with BG80. I also prefer the deeper sound after smashes with BG80 than with any other string so far (and I've tried a lot...). I've yet to try any ZM62 on feathers, but my experience with ZM65 on feather still didn't deliver what I expected. Is there a settling period for Zymax strings?

9. visor

visor Regular Member

^ From our collective experience in this thread, whoever likes BG80 for it's unique hard feel and repulsion, will not like any other string. There's really no other string like it.

10. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    BG 80 is one of a kind. Not even 65 or 62 can truly hold a candle to it :D

11. swunk

swunk Regular Member

i feel that zm65 is more repulsive than bg80. in all other aspects bg80 truly shines.

12. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>

Have two rackets with isometric head. MX-JJS with more boxy head n TK-6ooo with more oval shape. Both strung with ZyMax-65 @27/26 lbs. When testing the *ping* sound, surprisingly MX-JJS yields a higher pitch than TK-6ooo...so u might b right bout counting the head shape as a factor...

13. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    It could be due to the 80 holes of the MX frame compare to the 76 holes of the TK frame too

14. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>

Another factor unaccounted for...

15. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    I always find my MX string beds feel harder and ping slightly higher at the same tension

16. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

More holes have absolutely no influence as long as they dont increase the number of strings. Also, a different number if strings influences the feel (with more strings=harder, fewer strings=softer) but not the frequency of the strings.
    Actually only the length and tension of any individual string influence it's pitch, and the overall sound is probably a mix of all strings' sound...

17. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>

Do u adjust the tension for ur MX down by a notch or two perhaps? Or same tension as the rest?

18. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    I found I could handle 1lb higher in my mx60 than xp70. I think that's down to the shaft stiffness rather than head though.

19. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Nope I don't Teddy. I have everything done at the same tension for consistency.

20. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    (...reposting from another thread)

Have a 4u TK-9ooo, found it too stiff n hard to generate power n unresponsive to ctrl. For two mths now, did experiment with ZM62 & 65 at various tensions.

Just last night, first time testing TK-9ooo with ZyMax65 @26/27 lbs. To my surprise, the dull racket has become alive. It is more responsive n easier to generate power.

Last nite was the first time experiencing TK-9ooo playing better than my usual 4u TK-6ooo (strung the same). Don't know if it's just me or the 0.65mm string. Smash, drive, net play... everything just seems better, if not the same, as compared to TK-6ooo.

Now, am wondering why the same string with same tension didn't do wonders to TK-6ooo as it did to TK-9ooo. Is there a correlation between thin string n stiff rackets coz TK-9ooo is stiffer by a notch or more than TK-6ooo?

Any word of wisdom is greatly appreciated...