APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. meilim2009

meilim2009 Regular Member

yamasaki and kawasaki even more cheaper in price and better in quality.
    dont need to scare racket deform under heat, will not break when mishit, heavy so got more power. suitable for your kids and beginners.
    also can act as a training racket o train arm wrist power.

2. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

Hi Sis,

It had better that you keep your comments for yourself.
    If you would like to buy Yonex or others, then go for it.

They way you compare is totally wrong, this is simply because you never know how the racket is manufactured ....

3. meilim2009

hi bro, you can compare apacs with yonex, i cannot compare apacs with yamasaki meh???
    you know how yonex or apacs racket is manufactured meh???
    can you share how???

4. roy b

roy b Regular Member

I think the answer to the latter TWO questions is that he doesn't. But the point he is making is that NEITHER DO YOU :eek::eek::eek:

5. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    calm down ladies and gentlemen.
    this thread is for Apacs's fan. Yonex fan or Li Ning fan can share their opinion in relevant thread.

i am Liverpool fan and i dont seem like to enter MU club :mad:

6. roy b

roy b Regular Member

Don't you realise that these comments are supporting other people's views and not yours ???

The fact is hardly anybody on this forum knows. So it's impossible for you to claim that Yonex is superior because of the high price and superior technology.LMAO indeed.

Sorry drifit, but we've been trying to help this lady for the last couple of days, but all we get is rude, disrespectful comments from her. I think she has been fed some bull....t by her colleagues. If she didn't want constructive comments re. Apacs, why did she post the original thread ?

Well, we've tried to help. I think she should just run off and buy an expensive Yonex and be happy. Stop wasteing forum members time.

7. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Now now, lets not get abusive here. Even if APACS fans are on tight budget and/or beginners, that is good for promoting badminton.

Moreover, many APACs wielding folks (including this pair) will thrash me any day of the week. Sir Dink is quite an APACS fan judging from his reviews and few can match his budget and understanding of good rackets.

There are "cheap and good" deals but you just need to know where to look. This thread is a good start and ZELM will be a good keyword for search.

8. meilim2009

you want constructive comment roy b? there you go:

For Apacs range. It is just damn hard work using it. It lacks power and it does not offer too much in the way of control either. I cannot put my finger on why this is, but the racket feels dead. An example of this is when i tried to lift off a smash. The shuttle went half court. You really have to put in the work to get the shuttle to the back of the court. This is not ideal at all. The same problem occurs when clearing from baseline to baseline, you have to give it extra effort to make the shuttle go.

I also found it very difficult to control the shuttle, especially when blocking to the net. My blocks kept on "popping up" to the net, i could not get my returns tight to the net. And bear in mind that this was strung at 28lbs tension, so it should, in theory, have offered more control. After about an hour of this, i did manage to get used to it, but even then the racket just did not feel right. Now, it may just be me, so if anyone else has got this racket i would really like your take on it.

9. AmourAce1000

AmourAce1000 Regular Member

marketing
    Agree.
    I'm not a professional player, so my method of choosing a racquet is, 1st price, 2nd color, 3rd handling feel. Nano900 Power white will be my choice, i got 3pcs of this model......

10. ahson

ahson Regular Member

Computer Technician
    Mods should stop any trolling activities in this thread. Still, I agree we should respect different opinions, however we shouldn't go too far and beyond.

If you do not prefer Apacs racquet, this is fine to all of us but please don't start trolling because you're not a fan of it.

Now let's back to the topic.......I got myself a Apacs nano 9900 recently and it doesn't gives me the power that I expected. Is that my stroke, smash form problem? I am thinking to upgrade to tantrum200, any sugguestions?

#1730 ahson, Jun 18, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2009
  11. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    dear ladies and gentlemen,
    i just gone for badminton session and what happened to my advice? :(
    irrelevant posts to thread's title have been deleted.

please share own's perspective and not finger pointing to individual.

thanks.

12. Brandon96

Brandon96 Regular Member

student
    i am intending to get a apacs Edgesaber 10..

any comments on that .? anybody tried it for long period.?

quite lazy to search all 102 pages of the thread. i am fan of all brands btw

13. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    I'm one of those who use both Yonex and Apacs.

For the record, I have these 'twins':

Yonex Armortec 900 Technique & Apacs Nano 900 Power (white)
    Yonex Armortec 900 Power & Apacs Nano 900 Power (red)
    Yonex Nanospeed 9900 & Apacs Nano 9900 Power
    Yonex 700 Limited & Apacs Nanotec 700 Limited
    Yonex ArcSaber 7 & Apacs EdgeSaber 7
    Yonex ArcSaber 10 & Apacs EdgeSaber 10

Without doubt, the Apacs models are lookalikes of the Yonex bestsellers.
    But the similarity ends with the paint scheme - the racquets are extremely dissimilar in features like shaft stiffness, head weight and balance points.

As such, it is illogical to compare, say, the ArcSaber 7 with the EdgeSaber 7 on the basis of how better or worse one is in respect of the other.

In short, it serves no purpose to buy the Nanotec 700 Limited if the intention is to get a racquet that feels similar to the the Armortec 700 Limited. But if the intention is merely to acquire a good racquet, the Nanotec 700 Limited is indeed a very meaningful choice.

In my view, there is no dispute that Apacs makes very good racquets and also that they are great value for money. If you support the 'value for money' proposition, it does make a lot of sense to choose Apacs over Yonex :)

14. weinsteinium

weinsteinium Regular Member

Have you ever tried an APACS racquet?

If you think that Yonex is in the lab cooking up CS Nanotubes and such you are wrong. They buy their graphite from the big graphite manufacturers just like everyone else.

Also, Yonex spends a lot more on marketing and sponsorship than APACS and probably has a much higher profit margin.

Try one of the APACS originals and I think that you'll be convinced that they make quality racquets. I'm not saying that they are better than Yonex, but they make a wide range of different style racquets and 1/4 to 1/2 the price of Yonex.

15. roy b

roy b Regular Member

Thank you :). That is constructive, without the bull.:)

And actually, some of your comments I totally agree with. My Yonex, Kason and Victor rackets are superior in performance to my Apacs - the point I try to make is that it comes at a cost, and with Yonex a high cost. I also understand your point about 'feel' - this is MUCH more important than technical jargon and marketing hype :). I'm glad that we can find agreement here - however, please don't damn others who 'feel' differently about these rackets.

By the way, you don't mention the model of apacs you are talking about ??

16. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

if you read your post, you will realize that the fact is that you could have contributed to many of the problems you associate with the rackets.

For instance, you have to put extra effort into hitting at 28 pounds. that could be a technique problem. don't worry, there are some badminton players that have it as well. it could have been to tight for you. what do you usually string at.

Don't assume because you have strung it tighter, you will gain more control. In fact, that could screw up the feel even more.

17. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    Hmm....I have only one word for you...

NOOB!

Don't comment on how bad or how good a brand or racquet is until you have the competency in badminton. If you can't understand equipment standards, keep your thoughts to yourself. Yonex has to regain all those money they put into advertising, thus the high price. Apacs is not doing much advertising (I actually have never seen one), therefore, lower price.

Da a little more RESEARCH before commenting. Useless comments will only make you look rather silly.

18. muslayer

muslayer Regular Member

Computer Technical

Sound more like skill and technique problem then the racket problem.:rolleyes:

19. Ryan_OZB

Ryan_OZB New Member

Well said! :D
    You can't compare the clonexes with the originals, but Apacs' clonex range is definitely bang for buck.

20. ApacsCanada

ApacsCanada Regular Member

??? badminton Racket

Interesting arguments .. here

Apacs has too many models. Apacs has to take care too many Different type of customers. tight buget, money is not issue, everything has to be new, play once in a while, always look good...etc.. That's why we have about 200 models.

Every badminton racket manufacturer can manufacture "PRO" class racket. Racket technology is not rocket science. Even rocket science.... China can make their own rocket... North Korea, India have their own nuclear weapon.

Lin Ning just bought out Kason and China team won everything in Surirman Cup. Korea team in second using Victor.....Everyone saw how Lin Dan(using Li-Ning) beat LCW(YY as usual) again.. Korea another outstand team. We can't say Li-Ning or Victor racket beat YY racket. Lin Dan using Victor before when he was in Junior team in China.

In the journey of searching a workable racket for yourself. Open yourself to every brand and technology. You really need to try before you can believe what you can do with it.

Look at the Tennis and Golf world... Do they have only 1 SUPER BRAND? The market is much bigger than badminton so... all the brand just invest on marketing.... YY do have tennis racket and golf club. How come they can't rule those sports....

By the way, Apacs Hong Kong web-site launched recently...... check it out

Enjoy