Indonesia Badminton

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by kidosetiawan, May 15, 2007.

1. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Pak Djoko attended today's Jakarta Open finals... :) He has enough time for that... :cool:

Oh by the way, it is not INA's and MAS' fault that China didn't play in the past. Ask Chairman Mao Zedong about that...:p :p

2. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Oh by the way, it is not INA's and MAS' fault that China didn't play in the past. Ask Chairman Mao Zedong about that...:p :p[/quote]

Agree with you..what I am saying is that if CHN had never withdrawn, TC will be even more competitive...not that CHN, even with the Thing and Hou Chia Chang, will win over INA for sure cos INA was very strong then with Rudy, Lim,Tjun-Tjun, Christian, etc. Politics interfering with sports, the ones to pay are the fans and the players...just like CHN ping pong team, who knows how many MS title Chuang Tse Tung (3 consecutive MS title before boycot) and WS title Lin Hui Ching would have won if CHN did not boycott world table tennis championship for 6 years, and Japan won bigtime during those 6 years.

3. abesadi

abesadi Regular Member

student
    Btw-tw, anyone know about agripina prima, sigit pamungkas's son? He won boy single in jakarta open. Beat kenas from djarum. Is he great?

4. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Ok ok... :) Oh, by the way, I think it is difficult for China to bet INA in the early to mid 1970s... Aside from Rudy Hartono, we had Muljadi, Iie Sumirat, Christian Hadinata [1972 All England MS Runner Up] and then the young and up-and-coming Liem Swie King in MS while our MD [Tjun Tjun-Johan Wahyudi and Christian Hadinata-Ade Chandra] are virtually unbeatable...

Coach Fang Kaixiang, who together with Tang Xianhu and Hou Jiachiang complete China's legendary trio MS, said that INA would have killed them in all 4 MD matches because CHN had to rely on these same 3 gentlemen for MD as well as MS... Back then, the Thomas Cup games were played in 9 matches: 4 MD + 5 MS matches... So, Coach Fang said that CHN would have to win all 5 MS matches against INA... which was very hard to do after the same Chinese players had to play extra MD duties against awesome opponents like TT-JW and CH-AC...

Agripina had quite flashy skills yesterday... and his arm-strength was stronger than Kenas. He is not very tall and his legs are not extraordinarily fast... Apparently Agripina was in Singapore for a few years, they said... :) He re-appreared just recently in the INA Junior scene... as a member of Jaya Raya club [where Sigit played and coached in the past]...

#1004 Krisna, May 25, 2009
    Last edited: May 25, 2009
  5. nick.h

nick.h Regular Member

student
    how old is this young man, krisna?do you think he has the potential of being one of the greats?

6. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer

7. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    At least he is under 19 yrs...he will be in INSA for one yearonly....he has talent and his unusual skills....great to watch....he is unseeded in the pool of 256 draw.....he needs to build better stamina..i have to say that INA has so many talents

8. abesadi

abesadi Regular Member

student
    Why he only stay in ina just one year? I think if he have so much talent, he should stay and improve his skill in here..

9. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    According to his father...he wants to get away from school and plays badminton for one year first as he finds that not much competition in Singapore..btw..he was offered to join Singapore N ational Team but he has not taken it yet...

10. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I saw this article in the Indonesian Cinema website: http://indonesiancinema.blogspot.com/2009/02/film-legend-acts-badminton-lim-swie.html

A Film inspired by the Badminton Legend, Liem Swie King
    Directed by Ale Sihasale

Ari Sihasale, the third director to film a product of Alenia Pictures -the company that he built with his wife, Nia Zulkarnaen. The man who is familiarly called Pak Ale, is ready to direct the film titled KING shooting start with the schedule on February 6.

According to Ale, the decision for him to become the director is not only because of cost-effectiveness. For him, this is great opportunity to display his ability. Ale is more confident because he received a lot of support from many parties. The inspiration of this film came from the success of Indonesian badminton living legend, Liem Swie King.

King large.jpg
    "When we mention the name of the world's badminton greats, Liem Swie King is one of them," he said. However, Ale noted, the movie KING is not about the autobiography of Liem Swie King. But only about the spirit of Liem that made him become a top champion, using his famous weapon King Smash. "And then, I thought, why don't I become the director?" Ale continued.

Ale hopes this movie can be a motivation and an inspiration for many people. "Before making this film, we had a lot of research and asked him about how he (Liem, Red) could become a successful champion. A person's goal may be anything, but in order to reach it, that person must struggle through. We must live with the spirit of a Liem Swie King," Ale explained.

As a reference, Ale watched a non-commercial films made in Iran that was regarded as outstanding in many film festivals. "It's a little exercise I did on the side," said Ale.

Liem did not decline when Nia & Ale ask his permission to take his story as the source of this film, that will star Wulan Guritno and some very young actors. "I see that the message in the film is glorious. I feel good about it," said the former All England champion.

Liem considered the timing and momentum of this film fits the need of the times. Today's badminton achievement of Indonesia can be described as declining. The film KING, according to him, have similar character-building message for the Indonesian people that to achieve something there has to be a lot of struggle. "Success cannot come easily," advised the man who was born in Kudus on February 28th, 1956.

On whether he will participate in acting, Liem is still reluctant to tell us anything. What he did admit was that Ale and Nia had visited his house in Kudus, Central Java. Kudus, the city where Liem Swie King began working towards his dream, will be among the shooting locations of the movie. "The rest we shoot in East Java; Bondowoso, Banyuwangi and Situbondo," added Ale.

Liem did not require the film to show a particular life-story he needs the world to know. Moreover, he said, the film is not an autobiography of himself. "If it is my own biography, I should just write my own book," said the 1978-1979-1981 All England champion.

Nia said, badminton and Liem serve as the inspiration for the film King because our country does not have a film about the sport. "In fact, badminton is a world sport and Indonesia often can waive its flag at the most prestigious events," said the woman whose previous successfull films were Denias (Rythm on Top of the Clouds) and Fun Vacation.

Labels: Ari Sihasale, King, Liem Swie King, Nia Zulkarnaen

#1010 Krisna, May 26, 2009
    Last edited: May 26, 2009
  11. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Photos of the actors participating in KING

alenia-20090203-001-anang.jpg
    Ale + Nia = Alenia

syukuran_film_king-20090203-002-anang.jpg
    Liem Swie King

syukuran_film_king-20090203-004-anang.jpg
    Liem Swie King

wulan_guritno-20090203-008-anang.jpg
    Wulan Guritno

#1011 Krisna, May 26, 2009
    Last edited: May 26, 2009
  12. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    He looks 17 to me... :p

He is naturally talented, like many INA people... :D And just like his predecessors from INA, his various shot-making skills are still not balanced with a strong world standard physical conditioning... So, whether he can become one of our great players in the future, it is waaayyy too early to tell... I've seen too many talented INA youngsters fail on their road to greatness... :eek:

13. viver

viver Regular Member

Yes, but Indonesia lost to China in a 'friendly' match which Rudy Hartono did not participate. As far as I know, all Indonesian players were there including Christian Hadinata, Sumirat, etc

14. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

will be looking forward to catch that movie:cool:

15. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Errr, that friendly match was in late-70s or 1980, was it not? By then Rudy Hartono was already practically retired. Han Jian and Luan Jin were on their way up and I think only Liem Swie King was of very high standard in INA MS at that time.

16. viver

viver Regular Member

Match was held in a neutral country - India, and at that time Rudy Hartono was considered the best player but was not part of the Indonesian contingent. China did send their best players including Tang Xinfu and Hao Jiachang.

17. bh185008

bh185008 Regular Member

Djarum Kudus

Speaking about Liem Swie King.....:)

Not sure, if this will be the right thread...but here is some interesting video about Djarum Training Centre in Kudus....

Coach Fang, Ellen Angeline....amazing video

At 2.18..Andre's footwork training..:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmfpJem9yrc&feature=related

Then Suryanaga Badminton Club
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJSHOEH_zxk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESB8egtXtGg&feature=related

Weight exercise at Atlas Gym Sport Centre, Surabaya
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLELj1jFpZY&feature=related

Look at the Indonesian future players....:)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJSHOEH_zxk&feature=related

Enjoy...

18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Very good..^^

..i thought i saw the next Taufik in one of the videos..or is he the next Sony??..
    ..they did the chicken dance too??..oh, wait, more like frog jumps..

Thanks for finding those vids, esp. the ones abt training..:cool:

19. badMania

badMania Regular Member

INA will always have talents in badminton. The problem is whether these players stay long enough to become a major force.....

20. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Or whether the parents support their kids (even though they are highly talented) to choose badminton as their source of income in the future... (while sacrificing education etc. in the process)... :( badMania and I are no doubt big badminton fans, but I wonder whether we ourselves will push our kids to become badminton champs (if they have the talent)?