LCW new racket 2012 anyone knows ( Yonex Voltric Z-Force ) ?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by kaifah, Jan 4, 2012.

1. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    VT-ZF (86g) strung with BG80P and white RKEP G09 overgrip. BP is 310mm. I had a game with it. It was much faster than VT80. Power seems the same...maybe slightly more. Need more time to adjust to the faster swing speed and smaller head frame. I was really off with my timing. Tried a backhand clear and totally missed it cuz I was too early.

2. visor

visor Regular Member

4U VTZF reporting in for doubles.

Dry wt 82.5g. Strung with vs850, over gripped with white G09 elite, bp=307mm. Compared to my similarly setup 4U VT80 (dry 82.9g), this racket is much more maneuverable for defense, drives, and deceptive shots. Effortless backhand and forehand clears. Accurate drives and placement. Beautiful touch for drop shots and around the net. Sweet spot not any smaller nor shaft any stiffer than VT80, at least not noticeably different to me.

And most importantly, amazing penetrating power in smashes!

This one is a keeper! :D

3. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Glad to hear that you like VTZF so much... It is your current go to racket, then.

It seems that you are able to crush the shuttlecock, as advertised. Not your shoulder, of course :p

4. visor

visor Regular Member

^^ Come to think of it, there were 2 smashes from the rear court that I had time to setup for, and I don't think I've ever smashed that hard before and I do believe that the shuttle was almost crushed. :p. Needless to say my opponent just stood there not knowing what hit him. ;)

5. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    That was indeed an enjoyable experience for you...Good... Hope you could do better on the next game with VTZF...Let the power keeps growing....

6. sFrog

sFrog Regular Member

I think you basically can produce great power out of any decent racket depending on how good a racket suits to you. Sometimes I've got the feeling, 27lbs with NBG 95 are not enough and I should at least have gone with BG80. Perfect hit smashes are indeed big guns, almost a safe point maker... but it doesn't sound as comfortable as with NS9000 S @NBG95.

With NS9000S @NBG95 27lbs I produced a very loud, sharp and high metallic boom, whereas the Z-Force is just a compact boom. Maybe I've still got to adjust a little bit to the new toy... or maybe I'm just using the wrong string. There will be some Swiss and English players I'm going to compete against in two days and a loud, high pitched metal sound maybe can make a difference since my opponents give me the deserved respect.:p:p:D

7. CarbonexFan

CarbonexFan Regular Member

That's good news for me! I do like the ARC10 a lot. Just picked up 2x VT-ZF 4U-G4's.

8. fiq_axis

fiq_axis Regular Member

well, YONEX VOLTRIC Z-FORCE 3UG5 (strung with BG65 27x29lbs) reporting in SIR!
    after spending almost 10 hours of playing using this racket, I found it is a really worth buy rackets. It's seem like I can generate a heavier smash than my VT80 which is also strung at same weights. I'm LOVIN' IT!

just as visor said, "And most importantly, amazing penetrating power in smashes!"

p/s : so sad that I couldn't use a thin strings like BG66, BG66UM, BG66M, and etc. It's broke up easily just in 2-3 days. :(

9. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Traitor!! :p:p:p

On a "sombre" note: glad to know you've become a smashing success with all the birds... ;):D:D:D

10. CarbonexFan

CarbonexFan Regular Member

Just strung the racket with NBG98 because my VT70 and VT80 are also strung with this string at 11 kg. It was already said that this racket is an improved ARC-ZS, but nobody told me stringing it was just as painful to get the top sections right. I had real problems getting the string between the small margins of the main string. Also the latest cross string in top is very marginal measured. I had little to no space between the top support of the frame and the clamps. Above the clamps, I also had to get the string mover between the clamp and the frame for the tie-off, which was really impossible to do. And after stringing, I have another painful experience in damaging the stickers on the side of the frame. Why on earth stickers for such an expensive racket?

I measured the shaft, and this is indeed the thinnest shaft I have in my collection with just 6,87 mm. This was not the case with the VT70 and VT80 (7,00 mm). The classic Carbonex 21 was the thinnest (6,94 mm). Was... Also measured the dimensions of the frame. The VT-ZF is the widest, but also has a thinner frame compared to the VT80. The VT70 remains the thinnest racket of the Voltric series. I don't have the VT60 by hand, but expect the same dimensions for the frame, but a thicker shaft. Balance wise, the chart of Yonex is confirmed compared with 4U-G4 rackets.

First opportunity to play with the racket is tomorrow night. Very curious about the power it should have.

#1050 CarbonexFan, Mar 29, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  11. decoy

decoy Regular Member

I think it should work out quite well for you. On a side note if I could repick my racket now I would probably have gone with the 3u for my z force so if you're having a tough time deciding that might help you out as i don't think it's all THAT heavy.

12. redskins009

redskins009 Regular Member

Biochemist

I had problem stringing with this racket as well, hence i had to pre-weave mine first before I move onto the two string method. I use Zymax 62, therefore, its even harder to string due to the soft nature of the string, however I cannot walk away from the repulsiveness of the zymax string with the zforce. I think once the grommets stretch out a bit, it will be easier stringing the 2 string method with it.

13. sFrog

sFrog Regular Member

Same here. 2X Arc10PG, 2X Z-Force 4U... Z-Force slightly more head heavy with a tad more momentum. Speed is reasonably higher, so a little timing is needed to produce the big smashes with the Z-Force... just hit the birdie right once and the expression of your opponent's face will reveal: it was worth it! :p

I'm still using Arc10PG for very very fast doubles though, since it is a margin faster in the drive-department.

14. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Wow, I must be the only one who doesn't like this thing. I played a game with it last night, and it just feels horrible in the hand. I had to check that the thing wasnt a 2U because it felt ridiculously heavy - I suspect the example I played with is at least 10g heavier than my regular rackets. I think in 4U it might be usable, but I'm not sure I want to spend 200 bucks to find out.

15. visor

visor Regular Member

^^ You probably would benefit from a strengthening program for your right arm... :p :).

16. Tinshuttle

Tinshuttle Regular Member

Import / Marketing
    green string looks nice on mine :p

Attached Files:

17. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    I think a few people on this forum have quite a lot of practice 'strengthening their right arm'

18. sFrog

sFrog Regular Member

How do you wanna know, it is the right arm? :eek::p

19. visor

visor Regular Member

oh c'mon... don't be afraid...

get the 4u version, mine's only 82.5g dry wt... if my wimpy asian arm can handle it, you can too! :p

you've always wanted a stiff racket that's >300mm bp, so here's your chance ;)

get it from eric and you know it'll be snapped up easily if you want to resell it later... :)

20. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Nah, it feels horrible. All the weight is in the shaft and it feels like a plank of wood. I love the repulsion and the feel off the stringbed is nice even with the shitty BG80P at 28lbs, but that disconnect between the racket and my hand is not very natural feeling. If I was a stronger guy I think it would be maybe okay, but look what it did to LCWs shoulder! Mine doesn't stand a chance!