Will Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong do better without Rexy Mainaky?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by chris-ccc, Sep 3, 2011.

1. hanser

hanser Regular Member

mgr
    [​IMG] Originally Posted by ngkt67 [​IMG]

if Koo/Tan want to win against nemesis Ko/Yoo, all they need to do is to play hard, no fancy movement, and most thing is don't give Ko/Yoo a single break

my take, play hard(tan should blast the daylights down center court when given chance), no fancy moves ( coach please tell KKK), but paradoxically, as tan smashes down center line, his opponents will destroy more than a single break of rackets themselves...:p

2. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

They lost to Ko/Yoo for the 6th consecutive time... this time it was a much better fight than the straight game mauling but honestly they seem to be mentally tired at the end of the third game, not making the best of decisions and shot making... Anyway it seems that the new Korean coach seems to have given some helpful pointers, but their poor mental fitness has let them down. Especially Tan Boon Heong, he was the man of Game 1 but in the third game he was making all the errors...

KKK/TBH, hopefully they can be 7th time lucky. I still have hope in them.

3. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    bravo. does BAM measure kkk's fats? Any reading anyone? Anyone in BAM knows???? ;)

4. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Got tummy and big arm. But big arm can't see muscles..

5. RyuHayabusa999

RyuHayabusa999 Regular Member

Businessman
    Fat fat KKK...... Need to train under new Korean coach. And quick!!!! No time left already...

6. ksquared

ksquared Regular Member

i was quite disappointed they threw the second game when the koreans had a few points lead. they should make the koreans work hard.

i can see its their strategy to safe energy for the third game but dont know if they are aware that psychologically, the koreans have the advantage in the third game as they gained back their confidence in the second

7. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    They want the spectators to have their money's worth. So play 3 games. Everybody happy.

8. extremenanopowe

U notice kkk smash is slunting? he should fix it. No power. ;)

9. extremenanopowe

'Variations' is a key word. Other top 4 pairs have it. They need to build on it. 'Unpredictability' is very important. ;)

10. RyuHayabusa999

RyuHayabusa999 Regular Member

Businessman
    He can't even jump high.... Really fat and slow already.

11. ksquared

ksquared Regular Member

one thing i noticed is that KKK's smash is weak. Both partners in the other top pairs have strong smashes.

Because of this, KKK/TBH combination is at a handicap and puts heavy pressure on TBH to keep producing the smashes. and before you know it, TBH also runs out of steam...

12. extremenanopowe

They should pay us bcers instead of the coach. ;)

I don't think, they give a damn anyway. lol. ;)

13. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Yes, as for fitness, KKK/TBH always seem to be below those other top pairs. :eek::eek::eek:

14. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    I already getting no confident with our MD anymore with olmpic coming soon..changing coach I see even more worst, as play styles shown less bite...see kkk body, so good life without rexy looking after him so now eat like king kong size...but lack power...
    It's times we dump this pair or break them to bring back hth n tbh together
    At least I see their smashing power n good defend from hth.
    He is not any fatty boy ....

15. PrimeShuttler

PrimeShuttler Regular Member

Health Dept
    While I agree that unpredictability is of utmost importance, I would disagree with the point that all the top 4 pairs have the ability to produce this kind of variety in their game.

Ko/Yoo looked very mediocre in today's final vs Boe/Mogensen. It seems that Ko/Yoo had no answer to Boe/Mogensen, who were not playing a particularly fast or a power game. The way the Danes moved the shuttle, catching the Koreans off-guard and out of position so many times was astounding.
    The Koreans were not able to change tactics or to play a different style to get themselves back into the game. This suggests a weakness that Koo/Tan can look into and exploit. Don't get me wrong, Ko/YOo are fantastic athletes who are very quick and pack a good punch. But when they are denied the opportunity like in today's final, they become very ordinary and beatable. I don't think Koo/Tan can beat Yoo/Ko in a speed and power game. They have to beat the Koreans playing differently. Yoo in particular looked very frustrated that he was not able to impose himself in the game more. He is usually the front court player and if he is off-form, they will not perform. No offence to Ko, but he is the brawn rather than the brain of the pairing.
    And the flick serves caught the Koreans time and time again also. Kudos to the Danes.

I would say that out of the top few pairs in the world, the only pair that can change their play tactics effectively mid-game is Cai/Fu. Even Lee/Jung are not as good. But Lee/Jung are so damn good in their speed and power game that it is very hard to break their rhythm. They also have a pretty damn good defence. Lee/Jung are also more consistent than anyone else. Cai/Fu can sometimes have lapses in the game for a good number of points, esp Fu. After all these years, Fu is still a bit suspect with his defence.
    And for some reason, Cai/Fu still sometimes have difficulty playing against Koo/Tan. This is as opposed to Lee/Jung who usually just swat Koo/Tan aside like flies.

Certainly if the Danes can play like in today's final, they can be a real threat for the OG2012. The only problem is that they are not consistent enough, particularly Boe.

I think the next few months will be very interesting.
    Each pair has work to do.
    I would say that based on this year's tournaments, Lee/Jung are the most solid and consistent pair. If they can maintain their performance, they would be my pick to win gold in OG2012.
    Koo/Tan need to work very hard to become a contender once again. I'm not sure that they have enough time for that, or that they have strong enough discipline to do it.
    Hope TKH and his gang of coaches really just push and punish KKK/TBH extremely in their training. The Korean influence into their training hopefully will bear some fruit.

Let's all give them our biggest support! Malaysia Boleh!

16. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

LYD/JJS are consistent but often times dont nick it during major tourneys, esp if they are one of the favourites. Their best so far is AE & WC runner-up.
    Kido/Hendra is the pair that rise up during major tourneys, as last seen during 2010 AG.

17. extremenanopowe

Point for point, blows for blows, the top 4 are still better than them. too bad. ;)

18. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

How will KKK/TBH perform in the SS Masters Finals in Liuzhou, China, from Dec 14-18?

Yesterday, Saturday 03-Dec-2011, Rajes Paul reported that Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) coaching and training committee chairman Ng Chin Chai said;

“We are giving Koo and Tan much support. They need it – especially now when they are trying to get back to the top.

“They must also play their part and be honest about their efforts to turn their game around.”

For full article: http://www.bam.org.my/index.php?opt...asters-finals&catid=46:latest-news&Itemid=181

19. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Perhaps they are kan chiong during the biggies/major events.. afterall they are also human:D.. P/s their 1st round lose also against the oldies and much experienced, LP/JR:D.. Afterall, it's their last OG also.. lol

20. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Pang Cheh Chang is trying every possible method to reignite KKK/TBH

K.M. Boopathy (of the New Straits Times) reported that Pang Cheh Chang is trying every possible method to reignite Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong.

SINGLES TRAINING part of Kien Keat-Boon Heong’s programme

NATIONAL men’s doubles coach Pang Cheh Chang has been trying every possible method to reignite Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong.

The latest effort is a weekly training session with the back-up singles players to improve their endurance and consistency.

Kien Keat-Boon Heong have already had two sessions that focused on match-play and Cheh Chang believes it will also help them regain their form and confidence.

Pang Cheh Chang said;

“We are trying everything possible to bring them back to the top.

“They are even going through once-a-week sessions with the singles players where they are put under different pressure situations to improve their endurance and speed.

“Our rivals have been targeting Kien Keat who plays the role of the setter.

“By putting him under constant pressure, it is hard for Kien Keat to intercept and start counter attacking which would make it easy for Boon Heong to attack from the base and kill the rallies.”

Read more: New approach for pair - Badminton - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/sports/badminton/new-approach-for-pair-1.14318#ixzz1gGV2Ixji

#420 chris-ccc, Dec 11, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2011