The Russians are coming

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by cooler, Dec 9, 2008.

1. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Off topic-Yes..^^

..and if they can popularize basketball, then they can do the same with badminton; we DO need Canada to popularize badminton...[​IMG]

2. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Maybe your reason is correct, Chris... USA Women's Team had won first edition of UBER Cup even created hat-trick (1957, 1960, 1963), they were so strong at that time period.

3. blackbhara92

blackbhara92 Regular Member

student
    i think usa is arrogant,...

Uber cup, only 3 or 4 nations had ever won it,

and they won because maybe there were a few opponents

4. bramyes

bramyes Regular Member

salesman
    russia average badminton players are all beautiful. Same with beautiful tennis player field that is very academic
    such as Anastasia Myskina, Maria Sharapova, Maria Kirilenko, Elena Dementieva.

I have been watching the team russia in the open 2008 ...
    they are all beautiful ...
    The players have a picture russia please ...

5. blackbhara92

blackbhara92 Regular Member

student
    maybe on the future , badminton player will have second job as model

6. Pathfinder

Pathfinder Regular Member

Engineer
    The Danes had done it with Camilla Martin - badminton and modelling. So does Germany, not Xu, I forgot her name but she is good in mixing modelling with badminton. The upcoming young English girls has potentials!

7. aZn_Popcorn

aZn_Popcorn Regular Member

The girl you are referring to from Germany must be Carola Bott :D

8. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

^ Thread polution :rolleyes:;)

---------------------------------------------------
    Russians welcome Indonesian coach

By Raphael Sachetat – September 29, 2011

What have Alan Budi Kusuma, Ricky Subagja and Saina Nehwal in common ? A former coach in the name of Atik Jauhauri. And the 62 year old Indonesian is about to go West when he joins the National Russian team from November and for a year at least.
    According to the National Federation Website, Jahauri has visited the national team’s base at Ramenskoye, a town near Moscow “The first impression from the Russian athletes is very good,” Jauhari said. “I would single out their excellent physical attributes, their remarkable physical strength and a very good fighting spirit…. Russia has excellent potential to become one of the leading badminton powers.”

http://www.badzine.net/news/russians-welcome-indonesian-coach/16698/

J4.jpg

J3.jpg

© НФБР

Apparently he will be working alongside the current head coach Klaudia Majorova and also help set up a structure in the various regions across the country. Thought I saw her CV up as an available coach ...

#28 demolidor, Oct 1, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  9. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Might as well add (remember someone asking once about this Sozonov after seeing one of their MD matches iirc)

GUATEMALA INT’L – Double delight for Sozonov

By Raphael Sachetat – – September 19, 2011
    [​IMG]

Very few players can brag that they can play at a high level both in singles and doubles. Ivan Sozonov could be the next “Mia Audina” as the Russian clinched gold in both men’s singles and men’s doubles this weekend in Guatemala City for the Guatemala International Challenge 2011.
    By Raphael Sachetat. Photo: rights reserved

In the men’s singles event, the tall Russian beat his compatriot Ivanov 21-16, 9-21, 21-18. The two compatriots were to play on the same side of the net a little later on in the men’s doubles, this time as top seeds, in the final against Canada’s Liu and Ng. The Europeans had the best over their opponents 21-13, 21-16.

http://www.badzine.net/news/guatemala-intl-double-delight-for-sozonov/16526/

Ivanov/Sozonov also won the Brazillian International Challenge last week:
    MD: Sozonov/Ivanov (RUS) beat Cwalina/Logosz (POL) 16-21, 21-14, 22-20

#29 demolidor, Oct 1, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  10. fauci

fauci Regular Member

when there's a russian girl playing, my focus is more on the girl than on the game itself:cool:

11. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    It looks like Atik Jauhari's presence is already paying dividends! :D The Russian doubles pairs have been making their presence felt at SS and SSP events of late... and not just for the force of their charms or personality... :D:D:D

12. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Nikolaenko: Olympics - the most important start in life

[​IMG] Artem Zagumennov, "Megaphone Sport", July 2, 2:00

On the psychology of the Olympic Games and world championships, the judges, the origin of the nickname "Jim," Europeans and Asians, matches in the morning, the Russians chances for medals - badminton players in an interview with the Russian team of Alexander Nikolaenko.

52434_djim_2.jpg
    Vitaly Durkin (left) and Alexander Nikolaenko (right) (AlexB)

The winner of the international tournament in 2012 Russia Open-mixed-discharge doubles finalist category, multiple winner of the biggest tournaments in badminton and a member of the Russian Olympicteam, Alexander Nikolaenko - one of the most experienced athletes in the national team. At age 32, Alexander will travel to London for his first Olympic Games, where he intends to give all myself, to show the world the power of the national school badminton. Immediately after the victory of the combined discharge [XD] of the tournament in 2012 Russia Open-Nikolayenko told the "Megaphone Sport" on the main near the start of his life - the Olympics.

- Alexander, less than a month you will receive at the start of the Olympic Games in London.
    Despite the fact that you are fairly experienced athlete, you have to travel to the Olympics will be the first in a professional career. What thoughts, feelings, now she calls you?
    - Of course, for me it is the most important head start in life. During the '32 tournament more important, I still was not there.
    "This Olympics, I was all his life, the years of training have been directed to this end. I am ready to give up all power of themselves to a decent performance at the London Olympics. Olympics - it's all for me. "
    In addition, I want it at the Olympics to show the world that our country has a good badminton.

- Many newcomers main starts four years, especially young boys and girls, say that getting to the Olympics, they are under severe pressure from the aura of this tournament.
    Sometimes euphoria, anxiety prevents them from demonstrating their full potential. Of course, on your side of the experience. But will it, because for you the Olympics - the first?
    - In my case - it is a double edged sword. On the one hand, I'm not prone to feelings of euphoria. I do not know what to think or how to work with me to see it. But on the other - jim-jams [nerves]. Olympics - it is a very serious event, but for me it is still the first. For all those who come to London, this major event in their lives. Naturally, the jim-jams [nerves] will make itself felt.

52434_djim_3.jpg
    Alexander Nikolaenko (AlexB)

It is necessary to seek a middle ground, to try to preserve the maximum concentration, regardless of the prevailing atmosphere around a sporting event. However, the main thing - do not paint yourself into a corner, do not burn out due to excessive concentration in the tournament. This is worse than to be in euphoria, under the influence of which you just can not show everything that you know how. However, you play relaxed. But the nervous trembling, stupor, even worse, in that case you just can not show his best badminton.

- Do you think that during the Olympic Games will be released to the fore: physical readiness, luck, fate, maybe something else?
    - Physical readiness - definitely not. I am sure that all athletes will arrive in London in its best condition, which will enable them to compete for medals. With that, I think that the problems no one would be, as the Olympics is a long road of preparatory work. But what can really say is little things like getting out of the "right" legs, sleep, stay in a good mood. In short, to the fore at this tournament will be released psychology. It does not matter, you're an experienced athlete or a newcomer to the green, his head is at all, but it is susceptible to various influences. He who is confident, determined and set to the winning way.

-You are now playing mixed quite early (at 10 local time. - Note. "Megaphone Sport"), that did not stop to beat in the finals in 2012 Russia Open-common opponents: Vitaly Durkina and Nina Vislovu.
    So, wake up?
    - For me, the morning matches are always hard to add up. And today I got up with great difficulty. By the way, they ask (Sorokin), my partner, the situation is similar. So went to the finals and I thought that God forbid, in London, our games will fall in the morning, take away that right from the ten percent of my ability. I can not play in the morning. Another thing - at lunch or immediately after it.

52434_djim_4.jpg
    Alexander Nikolaenko and Valeria Sorokina (AlexB)

- Head coach of Russia in an interview with Claudia Majorova our publication noted that the eyes of fans at the Olympics does not appear the best badminton, as referred to psychological factors will interfere with the athletes to demonstrate. We agree with this view?
    - Of course, during the Olympics may affect different factors. I am sure that nobody will be able to play on their 100 per cent. Something each of the athletes will be in the way. Of course, now it is impossible to guess. Here is an example of last year's world championship, which took place, by the way, in London in the same room where we have to fight for Olympic medals. Young Englishmen, whom we Leroy a few months before reporting it is easy to beat the tournament, won the silver medal.
    "And the World Cup - a tournament even more difficult to Olympic, but with his own psychology.I'm sure that surprises are possible in London. "

- And do not fear a little bit biased judging at the Olympics, that the arbitrators will help local athletes?
    - It's hard to say, though, of course, in the world do not have much English, playing at a good level of badminton. Yes, it probably will, but it should not affect the result. Our sport is such that even a few questionable outs can not influence the outcome of the struggle. Although, of course, has happened is that the decisive moment the judge pulled his. We play in many tournaments. Everywhere are judged differently. In Korea, for example, referees brazenly help local players. In Europe - no. Therefore, it is difficult to say. Olympics show. And, then, do not forget that judges are people too, they will also affect the psychological subtext of the Games.

- What do you think anyone in Europe will be more sympathetic to - the Europeans or Asians?
    - Of course, Europeans. First of all, to pull them in Asia, we are already too far released Asians. Therefore, if the judge suddenly decide to help, then just the Europeans. Or anyone.

52434_djim_6.jpg
    Alexander Nikolaenko and Vitaly Durkin (AlexB)

- According to Claudia Maiorova to win the World Cup and the Olympics - it is not the same thing. In the first case it is difficult to do. In this you are also in agreement with his coach?
    - Not to say that fully agree, as both these events is extremely difficult to win, and both of these achievements deserve great respect. I think our coach said so, focusing exclusively on the psychological moment, because in both tournaments, it's different. The same Olympics is a great burden for its five rings on his head, for example, (smiles). In the championship of the world as a small roll on the side of technique and tactics. Hence, the following conclusions about the complexity of the conquest of one titles and the ease of the other.

- The last qualifying Olympic cycle demonstrated that Russia in badminton is the right way, a clear confirmation of what will be won five Olympic licenses. Due to what has been achieved such good results in recent years?
    - Primarily due to discipline. Plus, of course, affects a lot of attention to our sport in recent years. Not long ago, Putin and Medvedev have played badminton, and then began to appear jokes and funny stories about our sport. Already started to appear frequently in advertising racket with volanchikom. All this gives a huge impetus to the development of badminton.
    "Thank you Shakhrai Sergei Mikhailovich - our president. Though he is not a frequent visitor to the tournament, but is committed to the development of badminton. And his work is clearly visible, especially on our results, which are also not random. "
    We greatly raised the discipline, we have become much more fees than it was before, we consistently spend two to three workouts a day. Previously, this was not. Now a lot of attention is given to us, as a result, we have to give yourself more, work harder, work hard, try harder. And in another way. When you work around the established system, you already own another can not, when on the contrary, then ... you know.

52434_djim_5.jpg
    Alexander Nikolaenko and Valeria Sorokina on the podium tournament Russia Open-2012 (AlexB)

- Our discerning fan want any competition medals. Naturally, the performance of domestic athletes will be considered through the prism of the achieved results, the criterion which will be the coin. What can our team? Can they compete for Olympic medals?
    - The chances we have. I can not say that a lot of them, but most importantly - they are there. They are not even 50 to 50, they are not very many. Sadly, this is an objective view on the current state of affairs.But at the same time, this season has shown that we have reached an entirely new level. Somewhere someone shoots at us but the biggest tournaments. For example, we have had with Leroy in Korea, where we took the bronze medal in the competition of the series "Premier". So, all things are possible, especially since the Olympics will be the same players as in Korea. Moreover, many of the strongest badminton players due to the specifics of Olympic selection will remain at home. The selection was difficult, and many dropped out. That tournament was very difficult for us, but it showed that we can fight for the medals.After his self-esteem, and increased little, we believed in ourselves, understand what happens is good that we leave to the next level. I would like to Olympics cemented in us these thoughts and we took another step forward.

- It's no secret what your mixed with Valeri Sorokina, many experts considered to applicants for Olympic medals.
    Are you ready for such a load of confidence?
    - I very much hope to compete for awards, but I try not to think about it, do not listen to people around, who talks about it, because I know that if I dwell on this subject, and can burn out. I have this happened on a number of critical events.
    "The Olympics will try to throw everything out of your head too much. I'll play your badminton, which I can. The main thing - to show all that is capable of. "

53317_djim_7.jpg
    Alexander Nikolaenko and Valeria Sorokina (AlexB)

- What is the state come to the Olympics. Surely old sores bother?
    - I do not think about it. All sores, microtrauma will be treated after the Games. I close my eyes on them.Tolerate, work. As we know, there are no sportsmen, who have no pain. All the more need to wait a month, then will be restored, to be treated.

-
    And at last tell, please, about an origin of your quite interesting nickname in the national team – "Jim"? Why Jim? Who so called you?
    - It's been a long time. In 1996 I went to my first gathering at which there were a lot of athletes from Nizhny Novgorod. It so happened that we were in the company of boys, 78-year birthday, and I - 80th.With me on the charges [including me] came three Sasha's. Often in the evenings playing poker. There were seven of us, and the cards only had enough for six. So we played right through. The results recorded in a notebook. And as I write [how to write me]?Sasha 3.In the end, I wrote as Junior, as at the same time at the training camp was my older brother.Then he transformed into a junior Jung Jin as Junior longish written.As a result, this week, I turned to Jim.I am surprised, but true: in the world I was better known as Jim, but not Sasha.That's the story (smiles).

http://sport.megafon.ru/london2012/interviews/nikolaenko_olimpiada_samyj_glavnyj_start_v_zhizni

#32 demolidor, Jul 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  13. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

The least poor, google translate [​IMG] [;)]

14. repentedboy

repentedboy Regular Member

student la
    LOL China is not scared of Russia

15. Gigabit

Gigabit Regular Member

Banker
    Where is Nina Vislova?

16. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

[​IMG] Thanks for that in-depth analysis of the Chinese olympic preparations [:rolleyes:]!

17. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Majorova: medal at the Olympics will be a surprise Claudia Mayorov described the medal prospects for the national team at the Olympics

Head coach of Russian national badminton Claudia Mayorov told what the result of her suit at the Olympics, summed up the qualifying period, and told why Diehl did not perform at the Games.

Author: Gregory Mitin

- Claudia G., congratulations on the successful qualification of our athletes in all five digits on the Olympic Games. How to evaluate their performance? Was expecting this success?
    - It was our goal - to qualify in all five digits. It is made, but I can not call it a success, rather it is simply the result of work carried out during the qualification cycle. We are well thought out strategy starts, which is extremely important for the players that take place during the second ten, especially in doubles categories.

To qualify as a duet at the Olympic Games, it was necessary to get into the top 13 world ranking. Singles situation has been defined, although all the points that are over 10 best tournaments we have earned in the first half of Olympic qualification. Created a good start, which then just maintained. In pairs, first the girls had the same situation, and then, in the second half of the season qualifications, had to hard. Many battered starts very heavy draw: either constantly got the best of Japanese women, Chinese women, or at the top. And in the end of this time, we did not have a single launch, which could enter the top ten results.
    Our goal was - to qualify in all five digits. It is made, but I can not call it a success, rather it is simply the result of work carried out during the qualification cycle. Very well thought out strategy has been starts, which is extremely important for the players that take place during the second ten, especially in doubles categories.

Mixed, however, made a dash at the Super Series Korea Open, where the boys went into four. After that, it's been some comfort. Qualifications completed for us, as it became clear that none of the below commands for the remaining three tournaments we will not pass.

- Many people were waiting for the return of Ella Diehl. Please comment on the situation of the athlete, whether it was possible?
    - In theory, it was possible. But Ella's family circumstances were such that there was nobody to deal with the child. It is not allowed her to start training with the necessary intensity and enter the desired shape. However, we do not lose contact with the athlete. I appreciated its shape during the European Championship and I can say that the result was too early to start. With the form that have been before the birth of Ella, she would have sufficed for the 10 events the desired result. If the form is worse, then you need to start on a larger number of tournaments to choose opponents to occupy the place of the four necessary steps for getting on the Super Series. And this is not so simple. It'll take more time, which she did not have.

- In individual discharge from Russia are now qualified Anastasia Prokopenko.
    - Yes, Anastasia Prokopenko surely qualified. This helped her to a good start in May. Tanya Bibik fall was an injury and if he does not hurt that she did in May and June, she also had to be difficult.

- To participate in the Olympics we had three contestants: Prokopenko, Goncharova and Bibik. And Bibik was a favorite. What went wrong with the selection of the athletes?
    - The first four months of training, they were on a par with Prokopenko in qualifying, but in autumn it has received a serious injury - a sprain in the groin. Such damage can be treated in badminton for a long time. And it did not give her opportunity to be selected for the Olympics. However, if Nastya Tanya was higher in the ranking, it Bibik and got a game.

- In terms of medal prospects, the individual bits of Prokopenko and Ivanov, one can hardly count on something serious. Is there any chance in the doubles and mixed doubles?
    - I hold a pessimistic position on our medal chances. There was not even in the history of badminton so that someone with a 13th or 15th position held in the Olympic podium. Everyone who took part in the Games, they know that this special event. This is a huge stress, which does not allow even the athletes within the top five, show a better result. Therefore, it is difficult to say that we have any chance of a medal. On the other hand, if we analyze the performance Sorokina and Nikolaenko in the mixed doubles, they beat players from the top 5. And if all goes will be a good physical and psychological condition, then maybe something will turn out. But this is more from the category of miracles.

- And what result you will be satisfied?
    - If you guys win in the group and will include the top eight at the Olympics, it will be for them a good result. Of course, much will depend on the draw, on whom they fall. But to get to the top eight.

- How to evaluate the prospects of women's pair Vislova / Sorokina?
    - The girls, of course, know how to play well, but the strongest of their Asian rivals have learned. Our badmintonistkam is very difficult to win because they do not have enough stamina compared to Asians. Even if we are winning in the first game, while there is strength and severity of attacks, on the same Japanese just keep the shuttle and outperform due to greater stability. It is already known by all and used just such a strategy. So long as we do not improve their functional form, which is extremely difficult at this age, the chance to get into the top five are not there.

- Just finished the European Championship and the final fourth stage of Super Series. The form of our athletes are now encouraging or concerns?
    - European Championship proved to be very difficult for those who qualified for the Olympics in last place. This applies not only Russian athletes but also of the same Danes. Look what happened to Peter Gade. They had to take part in a large number of starts, and mental energy just did not have to show good performance in Europe. And the Super Series in India, we needed because we fought for these places in doubles. But there were many ambiguities. I believe that such a major tournament could not have been put on last week's Olympic qualification. There occurred some miracles. The second pair of Korean women who never fell into the top eight, went to the finals. They always win in Japanese women, which had not happened again. In this case, we know that Japan is the coach of Korea. In general, it seems to me that there were all the bases.

Similarly, an Indian couple who in the first round was not very strong contender. They do not have enough points, they are ahead of us and because of this.

- But we have qualified in all forms.
    - Yes, it is. But in the women's pair it happened, because Malaysian disappeared. They were above us, but lost the first Korean couple. They have in this tournament have not changed the overall result, that is burned more than they earned. And at the next Grand Prix in a week ahead of us Malaysian in three places. They just did not have a week to get to the Olympics.

In men, the second Indonesian pair fell out of eight, and this has allowed us to confidently enter the number of participants in the Olympic Games. But the British, who in the end we are actively advancing on the heels, it was not possible.

- Where and how team will prepare for the upcoming World Team Championship and the Olympic Games?
    - Our men's team won the right to participate in this tournament for the Olympic qualification, where they have entered into four, and for them it is a scheduled start. Preparing normally based in Kratovo. May 17 is eliminated in the competition.

Women still have a rest after the severe qualifications. Vislova / Sorokina, preparing for the European Champions Cup. And we're going to China, after which everyone will have a two-week break, and then meet in the collection already in Vladivostok before the Russia Open, which will be held on June 26. There are already begin intensive preparations for the Olympics. In Vladivostok, on the collection, we'll stay 16 to June 26, then play Russia Open, and still plan to speak at a tournament in California - USA Open. After that, return to base in Zhukovsky, and we three weeks to prepare for the Olympics.

May 17, 2012, Thursday. 18:30
    Source: "Chempionat.com"

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

The Russians are never to be taken lightly, they are since the time of the former Soviet Union a traditional sporting superpower house. I believe once they decided to take up a particular sport, they will make something out of it.

Give them a bit more time,as it is they are beginning to show significant progress, soon we will see more and more Russian names appearing in badminton tournaments and mounting the prizewinners rostrums.

Just found out,Vladimir Ivanov has beaten Takuma Ueda for the US Open GPG 2012 MS title in two straight sets 22-20,21-17.

#38 Justin L, Jul 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
  19. repentedboy

repentedboy Regular Member

student la
    Come on man..It's just a GPG standard achievement. Nothing to worry about.

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Not worried,just stating a fact,everything has to begin somewhere. Btw, Takuma Ueda is no pushover, I remember he is the one CHN coach Xia Xuanze once singled out as a JAP player to watch.

I have a healthy respect for the Russians and I believe the Chinese too who share a common geographical border and historical interactions, and today the socio-political relations between the two giants are closer than ever. I've read that many older Chinese still have fond memories and high regard of the Russians and vice versa.