carlton kinesis

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by robotshuttle, May 21, 2012.

1. ant01

ant01 Regular Member

Eagerly awaiting your review. I posted on this a racquet a few weeks ago but no one had any info ...and I didn't want to take the plunge into a £160 unknown racquet!

2. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

If you've had a carlton before, and have a look at the stats, you should have a good idea of what to expect.

3. robotshuttle

robotshuttle Regular Member

yes but thats not the same ! with a review you get more of an idea of how the racket feels and what type of player it is for from someone who has actually used it, but this doesent compare to actually trying a racket

4. Seventhfool

Seventhfool Regular Member

Hi guys!

Well i got the racket today, it looks awesome! I will play with it tomorrow ill try and get some feedback to you guys asap.

5. robotshuttle

6. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Some closed up photos would be awesome..

7. robotshuttle

eagerly awaiting review :D

8. Zynex

Zynex Regular Member

subscribing

9. Seventhfool

Well i promised you a review of my new Carlton Kinesis, but keep in mind im not a professional player or writer. I usually play with stiff head heavy racket strung with BG80 (Voltric 80) But I have used Carlton rackets in the past.

Looks: The racket comes is a black white a silver cover, wich I think looks a bit cheap it has a bit of a gasstation feel. The cover does not feel like the quality that you would get form Yonex. The racket it self looks AMAZING, the black basecolour and the stripes of yellow that flows around the racket with the logo looks stunning. (ill try and post some shots after work today)

Score: 9 out of 10 (-1 point of for the cover)

Warming up: Coming from the Voltric 80 with its power and head heavy balance I was expecting my clears to be less effortless than normal, and they where. I struggled in the beginning with getting the right length of my shots, I felt like I had to put a lot more effort into getting the length and power I wanted. Then I took a little break and thought about how I felt about the racket so far. I realized i was trying to play this racket as I do with my head heavy rackets and this racket isn’t that.
    So I tried to relax more and let the racket do the work for me, and WOW now the Kinesis started responding to my efforts. The clears where suddenly longer, the speed of the racket where improving a LOT AND FAST.

Offense: I started playing a game with my regular partner and I feelt that my clears where longer and the arch of the shuttle where higher and steeper. In situations where I was under pressuer I felt that it was easier to make a good comeback shot. I felt POWER, yes your reading it right POWER in a even balanced medium flexed racket. I think that the increase in swingspeed of the racket compensates for the lack of headweight. I feel that with a better wrist than mine this can be a very good and deadly racket even for an aggressive player.

Score: 8 out of 10 (9 out of 10 of a playere with a better wrist than mine)

Defense: Here I was expecting the Kinesis to shine and boy did it SHINE, its FAST, its ACCURATE. I usually use a Archsaber 7 for doubles or defensive playing, the Kinesis are better in all areas in my opinion. With Carlton Kinesis the movement was fast and precise, my lifts had good height and around the net I was feeling very confident and made some very cool deception moves.

Score: 10 out of 10 even a child can have a good defense with this racket.

Summary: As you might have guessed I REALLY like the Carlton Kinesis I LIKE IT A LOT. This is my new favorite racket, I feel I can use this for both singles and doubles. Its fast and precise and if you “get” the racket you will realize that the swing speed compensates for the lightness.

Total score: 9 out of 10 - this is my new favorit racket, i like it a lot.

I hope this review helps you a little, if you have questions feel free to ask and ill try and answer.

#29 Seventhfool, Jul 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  10. SolsticeOfLight

I assume you used the standard strings?
    Thanks for the review: It looks pretty good :)

11. Seventhfool

Hi!

Yes i used the racket staight out of the bag, will restring with BG80.

#31 Seventhfool, Jul 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  12. surajaya

surajaya Regular Member

Nice review. How it compare to carlton vapour trail tour ?. I read somewhere on the internet that the frame shape is different (optimetric vs circometric). Is it slimmer than vapour trail tour ?

13. Seventhfool

Well i actually had a Vapour Trail Tour that i sold to my regular partner, i think Kinesis has a bit more control and definatly more power. This might come from the twist in the frame that changes the areodynamics of the racket.

The 2 rackets both optimectic, the same weight but the Kinesis is a bit shorter wich should give a diffrent feel in the flex.

I think the Kinesis is faster in swing and i movement.

14. robotshuttle

so how good is the carlton kin for smashing compared to vt80 and which do you prefer for singles, also is the carlton kinesis worth all that monet, got a vt80 and wasent very happy with for some reason just could get the control

15. Seventhfool

Well as i stated in my review, the vt 80 has more power and are stiff. But i think with a stronger wrist than mine you could get good power out of the Kinesis.

With the Kinesis i feel that i have very good control on clears and smashes. Even if it is a mid flex racket, when i get the hange of the speed of the swing it will be very good.

I will prefer the Carlton Kinesis for both doubles and singles from now on, i just love the "feel" of the racket. Its very hard to explain but it felt like an old friend, it felt like it was mine.

16. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    at 235usd that's quite expensive!!!!

17. SolsticeOfLight

It has just been released though :-/ Not that prices will drop a lot in the foreseeable future ... But if you wait until you're a grandpa :p

18. Seventhfool

Here are some pictures of the racket as promised

IMG_2709.JPG IMG_2710.JPG IMG_2719.JPG IMG_2720.jpg IMG_2715.JPG IMG_2712.JPG IMG_2707.JPG IMG_2716.JPG IMG_2717.JPG IMG_2713.JPG IMG_2721.jpg IMG_2724.JPG IMG_2725.JPG IMG_2714.JPG IMG_2726.JPG IMG_2728.JPG IMG_2729.JPG IMG_2730.JPG IMG_2731.JPG IMG_2732.JPG IMG_2733.JPG

#38 Seventhfool, Jul 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
  19. JukUx

JukUx Regular Member

wow! looks stunning!

20. Seventhfool

yupp its wicked