Li Ning Racket Reviews

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Blurry D, May 12, 2009.

1. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I'd say it's just a little head heavier, but it's close. Can't measure it because they're gripped and strung differently, but the N70 feels just a bit slower and has a better swing-through.

2. Swiftlegend

Swiftlegend Regular Member

Student
    N-55 ordered :D can't wait!

3. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    N50II should be a better and stiffer racket than N50 ist generation

4. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

N90-ii is head heavier than N70 but way stiffer right? N70 is like a more defensive racket, soft-medium stiffness and head heavy.

in terms of head heaviness:
    n90-ii>n90>n70-ii>n70>n55>n55-ii>n50-ii>n50

5. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    N90 is more head heavy and more flexible than the N90II from my personal experience.

6. Tvbifreak

Tvbifreak Regular Member

Student
    What about the balance point of the N90-II and the N70? The N90-II has a higher balance point right?

7. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

n90>n70>n50ii>/~n55~n90-ii>n50
    The thing is - the N50 is about as head heavy as the Arc10, which is a slightly head-heavy racket. The BP (~290mm) and weight (87g+) make it pretty heavy compared to any Bravesword racket, and the Arc7 and ZS are lighter/quicker as well.
    The N90II is MUCH more maneuverable than the 1st gen - I can play doubles with it after adapting like 20-30 minutes, but with the N90, I can barely play singles as it is so much heavier than any other racket I own. The N50II is roughly equal to the N90II in terms of maneuverability, but the softer shaft creates more....'drag', i.e. it doesn't follow your movements as sharply as the N90II, and the weight is higher. The N55, as I remember, was roughly as quick and head heavy as the N90II, although I can't compare directly right now. The N90II is not as stiff as some make it out to be, it's stiff, but still very manageable - I use 31lbs BG65 without any problem, something I cannot do with rackets approaching x-stiff (MX80, BS10, UPro - BS10 is not x-stiff but has a very direct feeling, i.e. more shock from the strings is transferred. Strings feel harder than on LN rackets).

The N70 feels head heavier than the N90II - that may be the balance point or the weight, the result is a heavier feeling. I wouldn't concentrate too much on the BP, but more on the overall feeling of the racket as a 295/91 racket will feel much heavier than a 300/82 one. Softer shafts also increase the feeling of head heaviness, which I'd recommend to take into account as well.
    That being said, the N70 is still useable in doubles, if you're either unusually quick with any racket or remember to grip it much higher at the front. The soft shaft/heavy head combo allows for good power on short swings, good accuracy around the net area and super defense.

[A softer shaft will usually create more powerful shots on short swings as the shaft bends more than a stiff one. Few ppl are able to really bend sth. like the NS9900 with no backswing, and those who can are usually on pro level or weigh abt. 200lbs+. I know a guy like that and he's scaringly powerful, but looks like a professional bodybuilder with his shirt on.]

8. Tvbifreak

Tvbifreak Regular Member

Student
    Wow, thanks for the detailed reply ^^ This has helped me a lot in my decision! Again, thank you :D

9. voyager

voyager Regular Member

I'm very interested in n65 as well. Appreciate it if anyone has post a review on this.. thanks!

10. chris0612

chris0612 Regular Member

student
    Can anyone tell me which string suit the best for N90.. There is 2knots or 4knots? Thx

11. Cheetah

Cheetah Regular Member

Student
    it does NOT matter!!!! play with the string you like. There's no "best" string for any Li-Ning racket -.-

12. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

2 knot or 4 knot has nothing to do with the string (any string can be strung 1 piece or 2 piece) and as Cheetah said - theres no 'best string' for any racket. Just use what you like, at whatever tension you like. If you have no favorites yet, experiment :)

13. chris0612

chris0612 Regular Member

student
    hey thx for the advise.. just curious, is there Lindan will get the new racket for Olympic?? coz yesterday he defeated by LCW with new weapon (Voltric...) haha.

14. juventus1

juventus1 Regular Member

I guess that the Chinese player are using rackets and clothing that is off the market... maybe their rackets are already customised to their preference.

looking at their bags, shoes and clothes.... if can't just get them at the usual store.

15. WingsAir

WingsAir Regular Member

University Student
    None of the clothing that the National Team people wear is actually off the market... its just pretty expensive and hard to find, that's all. For example, the new shirt that they are wearing - Electric yellow and deep blue? ATSF331-2, the white/blue white athletic coat that LD was using when he was warming up? AFDF261. So every thing is on the market ... just hard to find.

16. pavanuec

pavanuec New Member

Must check mysportcart.com

Recently, I came across an e-commerce website http://www.mysportcart.com . You must checkout this website before buying li-ning rackets.

17. adrian88

adrian88 Regular Member

Investment Line
    Buying online is good... the prices are mostly cheaper but when it comes to warranty, kinda troublesome = =! If could get locally, I would try not to buy online zzzz

Back to topic

1st review of my Li Ning BP 770 + n95 24lb (since i cant find any review in BC so far)

Impression
    Li Ning Rackets have many good review especially the N-series (but it is out of my budget :crying:!) So i got this BP 770 ... red and white in colour. Fell in love with it on first sight. Took a few swing after it was strung, feel smooth and the head is light with a stiff shaft.

Power
    Compare to all the head heavy racket out there (mx80,vt80,n90) Smashes from this racket aint as solid since the head is kinda light but if one put more speed in the swing, it gives out one powerful smash. Sharp and precise spot cause of the WING STABILIZER technology (i guess it does play a certain % haha)

Back Hand smash ... this one is kinda the down side of the racket, one need more power to hit until the opponent baseline (I'm just an average strengy player >.<)

Control
    This is the best part! Everything went smoothly with this racket ... stroke, defense, lift, block etc etc! It is easy to maneuver cause of the light head. Best for playing doubles since it is swift and fast ... always got the shuttle on the sweet spot 90% of the time. (with my head heavy MX 80, i always hit the side of the head frame =.=) Played for 1 hours straight and still able to control the racket nicely (dont really drain much of my strengh)

Stability
    With a stiff shaft, it doesnt vibrate that much after heavy smashes and hard block from opponent smash. Easy to get back into ready position after each stroke. Use a thick grip for best stability!

Conclusion

Quite a decent racket for an intermediate player but a GOOD one for beginners before moving on to all the N-series. Not too demanding for the arm/shoulder to handle, dont have to use much strength for each swing (smooth like a brave sword!)

Power : 7/10
    Control: 9/10
    Defense: 8/10
    Looks : 9/10

18. Playboy

Playboy Regular Member

Playing everywhere
    2 knots is better than 4 knots...you can compare both...take a same racket strung of same tension....you will found 4 knots type's string is loose than 2 knots type. :p

I got N90...
    10052012020_副本.jpg

My Reviews:
    Power : 8/10
    Control : 9/10
    Defense : 9/10
    Looks : 7/10

:)

19. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I really disagree. If the 4-knot is loose, your stringer is just not very skilled or motivated. If one pulls the knots correctly, there is very little tension loss on each knot. Even if the knots are pulled weakly, the tension loss of the last string will not affect the whole racket very much.
    Or the 4-knot racket was strung earlier, in which case the tension loss over time would have caused the difference. That will also happen with a 2-knot racket, though.

And I'm curious about your rating - why would anyone rate the defense of the N90 better than the Offense/Power? It's really one of the most powerful smashing rackets out there, and the high balance point and overall heaviness make it rather sluggish in defense. I can agree with the control rating though - it is a very controlled racket, in my eyes because of the heaviness and the resulting smooth swing.

Anyhow, please don't write dangerous half-knowledge here, like the 'fact' about different stringjobs. The big difference between 2-knot and 4-knot is the length of string used (2 knots less=> ~0,6-0,8m less) and the way the racket is strung in some cases (many stringers like to string the racket top-down with the 2-piece method, as you can pre-string the shared or covered holes at the top before tensioning the mains, which makes the whole process much easier later :) ).
    Other than that, there's really not much difference. If the mains&crosses have a radically different tension, it might creep over with a 2-knot stringjob, but with the usual even tension or +2 crosses that's of no concern.

20. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Here's a video on 2 vs 4 knots...