Indonesia Badminton

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by kidosetiawan, May 15, 2007.

1. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    Nova looked so impressive today...
    He's crazy :p:) that's what makes him one of my favorite shuttler :)

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..crazy impressive?..maybe so far..Wait til he meets MJ & ZB and if Nova & LN pass them, their longtime nemesis, the Danish pair, might be lurking in the Semis..

3. PoLLuX

PoLLuX Regular Member

Student
    Krisna, what we need badly is in WS department. So I'm gonna sacrifice myself and ask Wang Lin to bw my wife and represent INA. Haha, keep daydreaming pollux #lol

#1923 PoLLuX, Aug 24, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
  4. PoLLuX

PoLLuX Regular Member

Student
    I am afraid that Zheng/Ma is the pair to beat for Nova/Lilyana to repeat their achievement at last year WC.

5. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    What surpassed is that the crowd wasn't interested by them, while they are baddy stars...
    I mean they aren't that famous here...:(

6. wilcan

wilcan Regular Member

student
    just wait till the final,when they get crowned third time world champion,so the crowd will know who they are :)

7. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Almost similar result with WC last year edition, INA players failed to bag any title. Only 1 silver and 1 bronze through independent shuttlers, TH and Kido/Setiawan respectively :(

8. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

That begs a question, when INA badminton can rebound?? I want to see in my life time INA sweep the 5 title just like CHN, am i being jelous??

9. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Hard to answer WHEN :(
    The highest achievement by INA players to grab 4 titles when WC staged at home (Jakarta) in 1980, 30 years ago :eek:

10. drquick

drquick Regular Member

Doctor
    No need for INA to sweep all title. just hope INA can consistently gets gold in olympic, WC, AG & at least a title in All England. I want looking for more competition in badminton. I hope this WC is the last time for CHN or any country to sweep all the title in a tournament, including Olympic, SS and even in GGP/GP. I think it would be good for the game.

yeah, and without any CHN players. But remember that beside INA only DEN (and CHN ofcourse) ever win 4 titles in WC and it happened 3 years before INA did.

11. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

You maybe right, but look at the reality now: no title at WC and AE, and who would bet that INA can win gold at 2012 olympic or this year AG? This could be the biggest drought in INA baddy history :(

12. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    For now..PBSI has sent many young players to future tournaments...the problem is that we, as fans, wanted the immediate results which is impossible...but at least PBSI is going to right track...right now e need more women players..for example..Devin has no partner and he may not be participating in INA GP as he will get married soon around that time

13. drquick

drquick Regular Member

Doctor
    The reality is not just happen now. including this year, INA already 8 times with no title in WC. even worst in AE INA have no title since 2004 (last winner was Chandra/Sigit back in 2003). Let me add that INA have no Team title (TC,UC,SC) since 2003 (last time INA winning TC=2002, UC=1996, SC=1989). But somehow INA still got title in OG & AG, didn't they ??? All i want to say is that even with no title in WC doesn't mean that INA chance of winning gold medal in AG has closed already, and so if PBSI have target to get gold medal in AG, it would not be an unrealistic target at all.
    Even if INA do not have any gold medal in AG that won't be the biggest drought in INA baddy history. Let's take a look back in mid 80's to early 90's :
    1. WC : no title since 1985-1991
    2. AE : no title since 1986-1989
    3. TC : no title since 1986-1992
    4. AG : no gold medal in 1986 and 1990
    IMO those time must be the darkest era of INA badminton history. The turning point was in 1992 Olympic Games when INA got 2 gold medals.

Agree with you, hau-ge. but i just realize that INA only win 2 individual titles of World junior Championship at the first time it held in jakarta, back in 1992. And in team event INA never through to the final. It make me gracious that we can still have major title in senior level, but it make me wonder also, how it could happen. there must be something wrong about our junior program, don't you think ???

14. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    The problem with our system is that we have new PBSI's chairman every 4 yrs..new chairman has different ideas from past one..so our junior program gets stuck all the time....thats BIG problem...basically new comer..new program...new rules..new ideas...the on going prgram should continue with new chariman or not..

15. drquick

drquick Regular Member

Doctor
    so I think we need a masterplan/blueprint of long-term programs to build INA badminton that protect with rules, so not everytime PBSI changes the chairman the program also changes.
    I also think that's not just the problem PBSI had only but with the all of INA sport generally, am I right ???

16. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

On TC INA current record has equal the past record of missing the cup of 4 times in a row (86-92), and can we confidently say that in 2 yrs (or in the coming yrs) time that record will not be broken??
    ON AE, INA has broken the record of missing the cup 7 times (2004 - now) where previously the longest break was 6 times. And again, looks like INA can miss it out again next years

If this is not worrying, then when can we say enough is enough???

17. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

hau-ge, im just the little guy voicing my concern here, but do you think that PBSI is doing all it can and not falling behind in the race? I said race, because its no use if other countries are doing better than INA, you know what i mean. I ask cos you may know more inside story than me

18. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Actually, don't you think Malaysia is in the same state as Indonesia, if not worse? It has been so long and we are still relying on only LCW to grab a title each time. Out of all the SS and GP Gold tournaments this year where you see Malaysia flag as the champion, it is... LCW. Only KKK/TBH nagged one at the home open. KKK/TBH can be the saving grace for Malaysia in the future years, but I don't see Malaysia winning any team events soon as we are relying on the old horses : LCW, WCH, HH, WMC, etc.
    Malaysia will have a huge drought after LCW and KKK/TBH's retirement, except maybe MD where there is a ray of light.

19. drquick

drquick Regular Member

Doctor
    As you see in my post above, i said about not winning the AG this year won't make it the biggest drought in INA baddy history. I don't wanna talk about OG yet because it still 2 yrs ahead, i think many can happen between now till 2012, so about the next TC.
    Of course i'm not closing my eyes about the current INA result recently. I fully agree compare to 90's and 70's below INA's result is absolutely bad and ofcourse we have to worry about it -i never said it's something we no need to worry about before, didn't I ???-. but we can still manage to get some big shoots in big events such as Olympic, WC, AG, and our players still count among the best of the world in the sector (MD/XD) also, don't we ???.
    I just tired of hearing people said that INA badminton are dying and not count among the biggest badminton country anymore. but with all of my respect, please look at DEN that never win any world team events (TC/UC/SC) or MAS that never win any Gold in Olympic, WC, and -before 2006- the AG (finally won by KKK/TBH). Can anyone dare to say that DEN and MAS are not one of the biggest country in Badminton ???
    So when will it become the biggest drought in INA baddy history ?? I'll say that if INA fail to get gold in OG 2012, and next WC and TC/SC (no need to mention the UC yet), even if we finally get 1 or 2 AE titles in the next 2 yrs, then with deeply sorry we can say it's the darkest era in our badminton history.
    first it's hardly to say wether PBSI has doing all the best they can. In my personal opinion there's a lot of things that PBSI still can do, like get more sponsors and investment for Pelatnas, more support for the Pro players, raise the ability of players outside java so they can be more equal and more competitive, and more. But according to Hau-ge said, PBSI -and all the sport association in INA I think- needs some reformation inside so they can work more effectively.
    Second, c'mon Yoppy, every efforts that had and will done must have some value.
    For the last Yoppy, with all that I've said, I don't think you'll change the way you look about the current condition in INA badminton, but so do I. For the sake of INA badminton succes in the future, there's nothing wrong about it, right ???
    I hope we can agree about this one... :)

20. david14700

david14700 Regular Member

Sorry for my ignorance, what is the AJC? I trained with her and a group of juniors last year in Jakarta, didn't know she was competing in international events. Was she representing Indonesia?