kim moon soo charged w/ assault

Discussion in 'Korea Professional Players' started by pcll99, Oct 10, 2015.

1. blabl

blabl Regular Member

I am actually very surprised to read this article. Wow what a shock I got. I never thought that those news are true. I did a little bit of research and indeed those news are true. I hope he will repent and will not repeat the same mistakes again. It is indeed shameful to get involved in such an act.

2. renbo

renbo Regular Member

A rift at a bar during the night is not commendable but not scandalous either. We don't know the story. His involvement at the fraud during OLY 2012 is far worst.

3. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Can you enlighten me on that story?

4. lcw the best

lcw the best Regular Member

Bomb maker
    What is wrong with them! :eek:

5. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Here goes the story. The actual version.

6. blabl

blabl Regular Member

All eight badminton players accused of attempting to throw their matches in the women’s doubles on Tuesday night have been disqualified from the London Olympics, Telegraph Sport can disclose.

The eight players from four teams in the women's doubles competition have been thrown out following an inquiry by the Badminton World Federation in London on Wednesday morning.

The expelled players include Chinese World Champions Wang Xiaoli and Yu Yang, who were accused by other players of attempting to throw their ‘dead rubber’ in order to avoid playing China’s No 2 ranked pair before the gold-medal match.

The Chinese actions appear to have triggered a response from pairs from South Korea and Indonesia, who in turn tried to lose to subvert the Chinese plan.

Since the announcement, Indonesia and South Korea have announced they will appeal the decision though China have yet to say if they will or not.

The issue is a major embarrassment to the sport and the Olympics, and prompted strong action from the BWF, which has seen a high number of games affected by withdrawals from matches between Chinese players and pairs in the last year.

7. blabl

blabl Regular Member

The reason behind the whole thing was as simple as that. Zhao Yunlei / Tian Qing so happen to lose the match that they are supposed to win. Because of that if Yu Yang / Wang Xiaoli win they will have to play vs Zhao Yunlei / Tian Qing if they win the match. In order to avoid playing with Zhao Yunlei / Tian Qing they have decided to lose the match purposely. Seeing the China WD trying to lose the match deliberately the Korean WD also decided to follow suit. However, the Korea WD manage to lose the match. Then this also prompted another Korean WD and Indonesia WD to purposely losing their match by throwing away the matches.

At that time Kim Moon Soo was the WD coach and he is actually the master mind behind the whole thing. He is the one who asked the 2 Korean WD pairs to purposely lose their match. What a shame. After that incident Kim Moon Soo was sacked as a coach.

8. EvoCopter

EvoCopter Regular Member

Technical Manager
    Correction. It's not "fraud" in the true sense. When you organize a game that allow "strategic" planning to take dominance in order to avoid knocking your teammates out of a chance in the finals, you are, literally asking those teams for a "strategic" planning to allow entry into the finals from the back door for your teammates!

Such was practice years ago not in the Olympics but at local tournaments. Even during my schooling years, we "strategize" on how to ensure out teamates get to the finals. Keyword - Teammates. Event - Tournament, meaning 1 winner all others loser. After all the fiasco, what happen to the Chinese players involved? All smiles and they continue to play happily after. But who got the worst punishment? Sung Ji Hyun father and Kim Moon Soo! Why? Because than president of BWF was a Korean. I wrote an appeal letter to the BKA for the coaches and players in particular but it did'nt help. They got life band and 6 months respectively.

Don't get me wrong. I am implying that your choice of word is incorrect, merely explaning here that, in part , the Olympic Committe is also wrong. They have since make adjustment for Rio. Why did they not see it coming or was there a hidden agenda behind that planning is another story.

9. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Ah ok thanks for that. I remember the story but didn't know it was on KMS's instruction.

10. jjashik

jjashik Regular Member

The guy got drunk and made a fuss and punched (or whatever else) a bar employee. Not worth further discussion here, nor should it be shocking to anyone, perhaps disappointing at most.

The olympic fiasco is not worse. It was a BWF-IOC disaster, not a Korea/china/Indonesia issue. That was well discussed in its own thread at the time.